Two

Walk On Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I'm so sorry for making you all wait, but I really appreciate your patience.

Thanks for reading, subscribing, commenting and upvoting!

-------


The warm summer breeze flowed through Luhan's fluffy locks as he sat quietly in the passenger seat; absentmindedly staring out the window. In his eyes, the alluring scenery they drove by was reduced to nothing more but colorful blobs; a direct reflection of his clouded mind. 

He knew this meeting with Damon Wu was inevitable. But the mesh of emotions ranging from curiosity to anxiety and finally fear, prevented him from sleeping the night prior. As much as he wasn't willing to admit, it irked him that he hadn't the slightest clue what to be expecting. 

Chanyeol pulled up the car beside a large five storey building. The first floor was the lobby. Galaxy Cafe was located on the second level. Due to the fact that it was well known for its pastries, desserts and drinks it was usually quite busy. Aside from the cafe, the company was mostly known to be the top modelling agency and is also respected for the outstanding fashion pieces created only by the most talented designers; situated respectively on the third and fourth floors. Finally, the top level contained the Diamond Empire; reserved solely for the CEO and whoever he deemed his VIPs. 

He checked the address to ensure he had the correct place. "Above and Beyond. This is the one." His baritone voice broke through Luhan's reverie. 

The brunette heaved in a deep breath of air in an attempt to pacify his wildly thundering heartbeats. "Thanks Yeol." He flashed the other a nervous albeit grateful smile. 

He had one hand on the door handle while one foot had already stepped  out of the car. He turned around to give his friend a look of confusion when he felt a restraining grip on his elbow. 

"Are you sure about this Lu?" The redheaded male's features were undoubtedly stricken with concern. "I really don't mind going in there with you." He waited anxiously for an answer. 

"Don't worry Chanyeol. I'll be fine." Luhan responded in a calm collected manner, mostly to reassure the said male but also partially to remind himself. He patted the other's hand assuringly. 

"Okay." Chanyeol dejectedly released his grasp on the former's arm. 

"I'll see you later." He waved goodbye. He watched Chanyeol drive away before making his entrance. 

"Good afternoon and welcome to Above and Beyond. How can I help you?" A woman at the front desk greeted him robotically, with a forced but professional grin plastered to her rosy red lips. 

"Hi, I'm here to see Mr. Damon Wu." 

"One moment please." Redirecting her focus on her computer, she punched in several keys and clicked on the mouse a few times before her eyes scanned the screen. "Are you Mr. Lu Han?" 

Luhan gulped at her scrutinizing gaze. "I am." He confirmed with a nod. 

Without another word spoken to him, she picked up the phone beside her and speed dialed one. "Yes, he's here." She whispered, as if his presence was supposed to be kept a secret. 

Moments later, a short charismatic man in a black suit came strutting towards Luhan. He held a firm grip on the black bag in his grasp while communicating with someone over his earpiece. "Hi Mr. Lu, I'm Joonmyeon, Mr. Wu's personal assistant, but please, call me Suho." He reached out for a handshake. 

"It's nice to meet you Suho." Luhan politely took the other's hand in his own. "And Luhan is fine." 

"Well then Luhan, I'll you to the Diamond Empire, Mr. Wu is already inside waiting." 

Suho attempted to hold up a conversation while they rode the elevator. But due to Luhan's bashful nature and current anxiousness, his responses were either one worded or very terse. 

Ding. The doors opened up to the fifth floor. Luhan instantly squinted at the abrupt intake of the blinding artificial lights. From a distant view, the path in front of them was seemingly endless. He felt as though he were on the runway. The spotlight shone down on him as he walked down the meticulously polished marbled floors. He briefly recalled seeing an identical scene in one of those late night dramas Baekhyun was so engrossed in. Unfortunately, he wasn't here to put up a show.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, they reached the grand doubled doors with two stone faced security guards positioned anteriorly. At the sight of Suho, they pulled apart the doors, granting them access. 

However, to Luhan's dismay, Suho excused himself and told him to go on ahead. 

The spacious lounge was composed of four main components. There was a mini bar in the left corner; to the side was a long leather couch, plushy throw pillows atop, the length fanned out across a quarter of the room. The jacuzzi was located in a separate room near the back. The interior displayed a luxurious albeit cozy vibe. And that had a calming effect on Luhan. 

In the centre stood a mahogany coffee table where a middle aged man occupied one of the loveseats; leisurely sipping from his cup of steaming tea. 

He had a towering stature, thick and bushy eyebrows. The piercing gaze and stoic expression he was sporting on his wrinkled face gave off an intimidating aura. "Ah, Luhan." The man broke out into a gummy smile, the sides of his eyes crinkling upon acknowledging the said male's presence. 

Time did not take away Luhan's memory of this man. Other than the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter