Twelve

Walk On Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Thank you all for subscribing, commenting, upvoting and reading.

------

 

"Are you sure it's okay for you to be taking today off?" Baekhyun asked for the umpteenth time that morning as he poured milk into four glasses. 

Chanyeol stacked up the freshly made pancakes onto a plate. "I'm sure. You're exhausted babe." He eyed his husband worryingly, which Baekhyun was ready to deny but he wasn't given the chance. "And Soo even insisted." He organized the tray he filled with a variety of food options, hoping at least one would be appealing to Luhan. "Our best friend is having a hard time, the most important thing right now is to help him through it." 

The shorter male nodded with a smile. "Thank you Yeol." He wrapped his arms around the latter's torso and snuggled his cheek against the redhead's back. 

Chanyeol chuckled at the ticklish sensation. Abandoning his previous task, he turned around to envelop his lover in a proper hug. "I'll be down with Tao after I've delivered the tray. You start eating first." He bent forward as he tilted Baekhyun's chin upward. The other stood up on his tippy toes, their lips meeting halfway. 

"Baba, daddy eating appa face!" The oblivious Tao squeaked. The couple immediately pulled away from each other out of utter embarrassment of having been caught in the act by their toddler. 

The brunette laughed at the toddler's innocence. "No baby. Daddy is kissing appa because they love each other." He explained. "Just like we do to show how much we love Taotao." Luhan plopped a tiny kiss to the tip of Tao's nose in demonstration which immediately elicited a giggle from the little boy. 

The brunette's complexion appeared more pale than before. And his usually thin frame made his slowly growing baby bump even more apparent. The redhead automatically frowned at this. Given the circumstances, Luhan was much too skinny to be considered healthy. Not only would it be dangerous for himself but now with a baby, the other's current weight was simply unacceptable. But aside from those changes, his aura was very familiar. Chanyeol was relieved that the old Luhan they had been accustomed to had returned. And that was what mattered the most. 

"It's great to see you again Luhan." Chanyeol recovered from his momentary shock to give a genuine greeting. 

"It's good to be back." Luhan flashed him a wholehearted smile. "And this all looks delicious." He could feel his mouth salivating at the sight of food. 

Hearing this, Chanyeol couldn't refrain from breaking out into a toothy grin. "Eat as much as you want. Let me know if it's not enough, I can make some more." 

Luhan nodded as his gesture of gratitude. 

It was then that he noticed how unusually quiet his husband had become. The redhead took that as a hint that the two best friends needed some time to themselves to talk. "Come here buddy." He hoisted Tao out of Luhan's arms. "How about we go eat pancakes and watch cartoons?" 

"Uh huh! Leggo daddy!" Captivated by the offer, Tao swung his legs excitedly to be let down and Chanyeol complied. The toddler dashed off while the latter took everything he needed before taking his leave. 

Baekhyun took a seat at the table and Luhan followed suit. The former sat with his arms folded across his chest not even sparing the latter a glance. 

"Baekhyun..." Luhan tried to reach out for him only to have the other yank away. 

"Don't." The said male's tone of voice was firm albeit wary; although he seemed anything but furious. He was upset, heartbroken, but above all else, relieved; if his quivering lips and teary eyes were any indication. "How dare you do this to yourself? Do you have any idea how worried we were about you?!" He practically shouted. 

As if on command, the volume of the cartoon Chanyeol and Tao were watching in the living room had become noticeably louder. 

"Do you know how scared we were of losing you?" Baekhyun continued airily, now staring Luhan square in the eye. "We're family. H-how can you be so selfish?" The strain in his voice was now very evident. He finally couldn't contain the streaming of his tears. 

Luhan's heart clenched at the sight of Baekhyun's vulnerable state and the sound of his strangled sobs. "I-I'm so sorry Baek." He latched his trembling arms around the latter's shoulders, effectively engulfing him into a side hug. "I shouldn't have worried you guys. I'm sorry." The accumulation of tears cascaded down his cheeks. 

The brown haired male eventually relented and returned the affection. He pulled Luhan in as close as possible, almost as if he was afraid that the other would disappear in the next second. After their emotions settled down and they were calm enough to hold a rational conversation, Baekhyun took the initiative to detach himself. But he kept one of his hands interlaced with Luhan's. 

"I know there must be something wrong, something must have happened to trigger this behavior." Baekhyun observed the brunette's facial features. He received no signs of discomfort thus he took that as his cue to resume. "Remember what I said yesterday? I'm here for you Luhan, I always have been." His eyes were overflowing with sincerity. "Can you please stop keeping everything to yourself? Please?" 

Luhan's gaze wavered. He gnawed on his lower lip in contemplation. He was used to keeping everything to himself. Not only did that seem to be doing himself harm, but also to those that were important to him. And that was the last thing he intended. But would Baekhyun be able to handle the truth he was prepared to reveal? 

The longer the younger gazed into Luhan's eyes, the more certain he was that the latter held onto too many untold stories. And the reason might have come from the underlying fear the brunette was so desperately trying to hide. 

"Please Lu? It hurts me so much knowing that you're in pain but I don't even know what's happening. Please don't push us away." He begged. "And don't try to pretend that you're okay because I know you're not." 

It had been a tiresome journey, trying to fool everyone and himself that everything was going to be alright. But he knew he couldn't maintain his barrier any longer. The moment he decided to unchain himself, the spell had been broken. 

The brunette heaved in a deep breath to pacify his thundering heartbeats before starting. 

He began his story with how he had gotten pregnant. On the night of their wedding, he and Kris were both drunk and the blonde had mistaken him for Jocelyn. The symptoms he had experienced, he'd only thought of them as the result of a per

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter