Ten

Walk On Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I apologize for this crappy chapter. I tried to make it as simple and as least confusing as I could, but I'm still not very satisfied with it. 

If anyone needs any clarification about anything, please don't hesitate to ask!

Thank you for subscribing, commenting, reading and upvoting!

-----

 

In his worried state, Baekhyun became fidgety as he bounced from one spot to another. He'd been utterly restless ever since Chanyeol ended the call with Luhan. 

From his position on the couch, Tao's eyelids lethargically fluttered open then closed as they trailed after his appa's panicking form. 

The adult perked up, immediately scrambling for the door when he heard the locks clicking and turning. 

"Luhan!" Baekhyun flung his arms over the absentminded male. From the distance of an arm's length, he inspected the other for any evident signs of injury; breathing out a sigh of relief when he seemed unharmed. "What happened? Are you okay? You're not hurt anywhere, are you? Where's your stuff? What did that jerk do to you this time?!" 

The brunette stood rooted to his spot, eyes downcast and choosing to keep silent despite all the questions being bombarded his way. 

Baekhyun was practically on the brink of hysteria when he received no response from his best friend. "Chanyeol, there's something wrong with Luhan! We have to go to the hospital right now!" He clung onto his husband's arm and struggled to drag him out the door. 

The redhead enveloped his arms around Baekhyun's waist and dropped a gentle kiss to the posterior side of his head. He wanted to avoid frightening Tao and Luhan, especially since the brown haired male wasn't currently in his right state of mind. Thankfully, that seemed to pacify him immensely. 

"Hey buddy." Chanyeol called out to grab his son's attention. 

"Daddy?" Little Tao replied drowsily, yawning then rubbing a fist over his eye. 

The tall male couldn't contain the grin at his baby's adorable actions. "How about you take baba upstairs and go to bed?" 

The toddler nodded excitedly. Stumbling onto his feet, he waddled his way over to Luhan. He slipped both his tiny hands into the latter's and pulled with all his strength. "Taotao sleep with baba." He cheered which elicited a light chuckle and half hearted smile from the brunette.  

Chanyeol focused his gaze on Baekhyun once he was certain the other two had disappeared up the stairs. 

"I scared them, didn't I?" The shorter groaned regretfully, planting his face into the palms of his hands. 

The redhead uncovered his husband's hands from hindering his sight, slightly bending so they were making eye contact. "Hey, you didn't mean to. You're just worried about Luhan." He patiently validated Baekhyun's reason as to why he behaved the way he did. "I am too. But Baek, he's exhausted and just needs some time to himself." 

Baekhyun heaved out an exasperated sigh. Although unwilling to just leave the matter be, he accepted the truth in Chanyeol's words. "Did he say anything to you?" He decided on asking instead. Seemingly drained of energy, he lazily leaned into his giant's broad sturdy chest. 

"No, but he's here with us now. He's safe and we won't let anything happen to him." The taller male assured with utmost sincerity. 

Nodding in agreement, Baekhyun brought a fist to rub over his eye as he stifled a yawn. Chanyeol chuckled as he was reminded of Tao, who had done exactly the same moments ago. Like father like son. 

"Looks like my big baby's tired too." He caressed Baekhyun's cheek lovingly. "Come on, let's go to bed." 

Chanyeol interlaced their fingers and led the way toward the stairs but halted in his tracks when he didn't hear footsteps following after him. He turned around to take in the sight of a heavy lidded Baekhyun, stance swaying due to exhaustion. "Come here babe." 

The brown haired male immediately complied. The minute the former's arms were encased around his nape, Chanyeol secured one outstretched arm around the shorter's torso, and the other under his bottom. He shook his head at how childish his husband could be, but nonetheless couldn't refrain the blissful smile that stretched out across his lips. 

----

As soon as Tao retrieved his teddy bear from his room, they settled down into Luhan's bed. 

The little boy rambled on about how much he missed his baba during his absence. "But Taotao happy now!" He snuggled cozily against the brunette's side. "Taotao love appa, daddy and baba!" He beamed as he tilted his head back to glance up at Luhan. 

His heart clenched guiltily, vision clouding upon hearing those words. He held the toddler close, making sure Tao couldn't see him blinking back tears. "I love you too Taotao." 

Unfortunately, no matter how hard he tried to hide his sorrow, the strain in his voice wasn't amiss. "Baba okay?" 

"Just tired baby. Baba will be okay." Luhan fibbed. 

"Sleep time baba." 

Luhan was relieved Tao was too young to question the truth of his words. He watched as Tao's breathing gradually slowed down, which indicated he was asleep. The brunette swept the loose hairs out of the way of the toddler's face. 

He didn't want to recall what he'd nearly done mere hours ago. But it wasn't easy when he was staring down at his little savior. If it wasn't for the boy lying in his arms, he may not even be alive. 

Before he could delve too far into his thoughts, the distinct creaking of his door interrupted him. He observed as the figure quietly made his way to Tao's side of the bed. The other hovered nearby and meticulously attempted to pry Tao from Luhan's grasp. 

"Baek?" His whisper echoed throughout the tranquility. 

Alarmed, Baekhyun reflexively jerked back with a hand clutched to his chest. "S-sorry, did I wake you?" 

Luhan simply shook his head. "Didn't mean to scare you, sorry." 

"It's fine." The other waved him off good-naturedly. "I came to get Tao. He's quite the kicker and I don't want him accidentally kicking you in his sleep." 

To this, Luhan didn't react nor respond. Although hurt, Baekhyun convinced himself to not over think the situation. Just as Chanyeol had suggested, perhaps he was just tired and needed some time to himself. 

"Good night Luhan." After maneuvering Tao into a more comfortable position, he was ready to head out, but froze in his spot when he felt a tug on his shirt. "Lu?" He turned around. 

"Baekhyun, can you..." He started but eventually hesitated, "never mind. Good night." 

With a nod, Baekhyun left with Tao. And once again, Luhan was embraced by darkness, this time alone with his wildly running thoughts. 

Baekhyun, can you stay for the night? Those words had practically been at the tip of his tongue had they not been stuck in his throat. But in the end he decided to swallow them back down. He was being ridiculous. Years ago, it was their habit to cuddle at night if either were going through tough times; to them it served as their best source of comfort. But now the circumstances have changed. Luhan is a full grown man and Baekhyun has Chanyeol. Although still terrified about the earlier events, he would rather wallow up in his own fear than appear bothersome. 

"What are you thinking about?" 

The warm breath against his ear completely startled him. Having been so deeply lost in his thoughts he failed to notice the arm wrapped loosely around his waist and the chest he was leaning into. He flipped himself around and was surprised to see Baekhyun looking back at him. 

"How did you know?" Luhan had been referring to how Baekhyun seemed to have suddenly developed telepathic abilities. 

"Instincts. But I'm glad, I really miss this." He pulled the other in closer so that his chin was now resting atop the brunette's head. 

"Mhmm." Luhan hummed in agreement. He laid his head between the crook of Baekhyun's neck and shoulder. He automatically encased an arm around the brown haired male's torso as he relished the sense of security the latter was giving him. "I'm sorry." He apologized for his unusual, worrisome behavio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter