Prologue

And then came you
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Prologue

 

Yeoreum stared at her mother with her jaw hanging wide. It was not because of the loud rock music that was booming from her brother’s room, it was not because of her stupid cat lingering on her feet, it was not because of the bad eggroll that she was munching, but it was because of what her mother had just said.

“What?” her volume matched the rock music that was playing in the background and her mother just gave her a look from the action.

“You heard me.” Mrs.Han hugged herself. She was sitting in front of her daughter, smiling thinly as she watched the girl ate deliciously the dinner that she had made, although most of the cooking were burnt – the sappy drama from the television disturbed her somehow.

Yeoreum just watched her mother in doubt.

“She is one of my dear friends. She is in a tight situation and I offered a help. You said you wanted to earn some money to buy books before you could go to college.”

“I said I wanted money for GD’s album.” She corrected and her mother hissed at that.

“It’s the same thing!”

Yeoreum didn’t know where is the connection, really.

“You don’t have anything to do at home while waiting for college, so I thought that you could help. She said she will pay you. You just have to take care of her son when she’s gone.”

“You want me to babysit?”

Mrs.Han thought for a moment. “You could say something like tha

Please log in to read the full chapter