Steps of Love - JISUNG

Different Doors NCT Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


RUNNING HIS FINGERS ON THE TABLE, AND BLOWING THE RIM OF HIS HOT CUP, JISUNG CONTINUED TO STARE AT HIS SWEET GREEN TEA. The teapots swarming around the café also kept his mind busy, as he watched one zoom up across the room and tip itself to a cup held by a satisfied customer. In all honesty though, the place was a bit too bright for him, as the walls bounced up nothing but absurdity right on his face, the chairs were all sculpted weirdly, some of them half crooked and some you can barely even sit on. Even the hovering teapots screamed insanity, as they all came in different and bizarre sizes and shapes.

It was wild at the Hatters' café, but still, villagers found it a pleasant place to hang about on their weekends. Including the boys from Sweven. Chenle had called it a treat, and invited his roommates to his family café. Luckily, or rather unluckily for Jisung, the young lad wasn't going to visit his parents that weekend. In fact, they had traveled across Enthrallia, having some business with a great friend of theirs there.

Jisung grunted and banged his head on the table, not wincing a bit at the pain on his forehead. For the past days he had not been feeling well, not really physically. But definitely mentally. He tried to get the uncomfortable tactility off his chest, and for the least tried concentrating in his favorite lessons. Nothing helped though, he ended up getting detention with Mr. Beast, who made him ran 20 times around the school, killing his legs.

The lad just couldn't understand. Why? Was it the fact that his group unfortunately got second place in the task last week, when obviously they should've won first? Results don't really bother him much though. Or was it because he hadn't seen a certain boy with blinding jet black hair and dreamy chocolate brown eyes in more than a dreading two and a half weeks? As much as he wanted to oppose and turn his head straight, he knew he couldn't deny it.

Jisung felt like he was haunted by the lad. His thoughts would always end up thinking about Bram, even though they just had a one of a time encounter. He doubts they would ever meet again, as he would probably be much busier in the next few weeks for a huge event coming up, and someone like him wouldn't be brave enough to go and search a stranger from their nemesis school. Jisung could wet himself just by thinking of the idea. Bram didn't seem interested in him either, what else is there that Jisung Locks can do other than get lost and gulp down bowls and bowls of warm porridge?

Exactly, nothing.

Except, there was one thing he figured out about himself, though he tried disagree on the situation. It was that he was definitely in love with Bram, deeply. There was no other way but to accept the truth right? After all, it say so in his book 'Steps of Love'.

STEP #1: You realize you're thinking about them a bit too often, though they aren't around.

He grimaced at a harsh nudge on his right side of his waist, pouting hotly at the boy next to him. Renjun grinned sheepishly, rubbing his nape as he popped his head from under the table. Crawling from underneath, the red haired male whispered a sorry at Jisung, slapping his lap clean and fixing his clothes. Squeaky, Chenle's pet mouse, twittered about on Renjun's table, crossing his arms angrily and turning his head away from the poor lad. The mouse titled his ginormous hat over his bead like eyes, hopping on Jisung's shoulder, twitching his long whiskers.

Jisung sighed. Ever since Renjun moved in to their dorm, the mouse had been acting so salty around him. He knew Squeaky hated the attention Chenle gave to Renjun, but he couldn't help and just watch as the mouse boil as the purple haired male shower Renjun with lavish bouquets and sweet, splendid, delicate kisses. He wished he had known what the little critter was pipping, as it was a routine for Squeaky to cry on his shoulder, pleading for Chenle's love.

Renjun unsurely smiled at Squeaky and turned to Jisung, "Is he okay-" The boy then jumped off his seat, as a frame right next to his popped its picture open, with streamers and balloons floating out in surprised. Renjun tugged tightly on to Jisung, practically on the younger's lap as his arms lashed around his neck. "What the actual fu-"

Squeaky was smacked out of Jisung's shoulder, sending the mouse into Donghyuck's drink. The lad screamed in horror, tipping his cup over and discarded to their leader's free lap, as the little pet dive out in the streams of coffee, gagging the drink out of his mouth and pouting angrily.

"Your boyfriend wasn't lying when he said, 'this place is full of surprises.'" Jisung pointed out, shoving the elder back on his chair. Renjun's face was still frozen, barely moving a muscle. Now, it was drowned in vivid pink, powered over his face like sprinkles and blushing confetti.

"I told you to stop calling him my boyfriend!" Renjun brutally whispered, pinching the blueberry haired lad's elbow. Jisung winced and flinched at Renjun's slap, "You deserve it!"

Jisung silently grunted, "Why are you always denying it? We all know your secret!"

"Hey! Don't shout back in public!" Renjun hissed back, lowering his head, as he could feel his other friends raising a brow at them both. Jeno shook his head and lifted his delicate cup, decorated in bright hued streaks of paint. He took a sip of his favorite menu from the café, and sighed.

"It's lovely of Chenle to let us have lunch for free here." He pointed out. "But we should really do something else, we've been here for hours!" The blonde groaned. Jaemin frowned at his words, and tugged Jeno's arm, shaking it in protest.

"But I haven't got my pumpkin pie yet! And besides Chenle is still busy in the kitchen." He wailed, pouting his lips even more.

Jeno purred back at Jaemin, stapling the same somber face the younger had, "But Jaemin baby," He mourned, "I need to go back to the stables."

The brunet scrunched his red face, and glared at Jeno, "Quit acting like me! You go ahead alone, if you pick your scabby dragons over me!" He violently spitted.

Jisung, like always, felt like puking his whole breakfast and lunch out. Those two were much worse than Renjun and Chenle. First, he knew they weren't dating. But if you're acting like a married couple, get your guts together and go out with each other already at least. He could feel his veins boil in scorching flames, as Jeno pulled Jaemin's waist closer to him, staring into his eyes, like it was the only beautiful view in the whole of Enthrallia.

"And you two, quit being attention seekers in public," Mark broke in, parting their heads before their lips could touch, "Jisung, go get Jaemin's order as well as Chenle. It's really getting late, and we need to prepare for Sunday's presentation." He ordered. "Prepare boys, need to bid a farewell to the Hatters."

Jisung rolled his eyes and stood up from his chair. Renjun gave him a face, he knew he was saying, 'I know your cursing inside'. He scowled at the red haired male, stuffing his hands in his damp pockets, stomping over to the front desk.

No workers were found, nor could Jisung spot Chenle, even after tip-toeing on his toes and eagerly looking over behind the kitchen. But he smiled at the sight of a slice of pie, ready to be served. Jisung's hand was inches away from the fancy, multi-coloured disc like plate, when the pie seemed to be snatch away first.

Jisung blinked his eyes, placing his sight on the presence that had seized Jaemin's pumpkin pie. It was a girl, black with streaks of silver spruce up her hair, lips pursing in a shy smirk. Her laser like blue eyes penetrated through Jisung, cutting through his frightened soul.

"U-um...excuse me." He stuttered, and flinched at the grunt the girl gave him, "That's my friend's pie."

She glared at him, her hair bobbing with her fierce look, "Hmm...Really?" She taunted, gawking at the dessert on her hand, "But I've been waiting for my order since ten minutes ago."

"W-well, we've been here for far more than an hour," Jisung said, rubbing his fingers nervously, "A-and we're about to go now. Can I have the pie p-please?"

"I'm not that easy-"

Her sentence was cut off by a call, which to Jisung shrunk his head in his neck, shelling his ears away from the world. He grimaced at a hand patting his back, hearing Mark questioning why he was taking so long. The youngest just eyed the lassie stood in front of him, crossing her arms while she balanced the plate.

The leader coughed, "Sorry but-" Mark's words were held back, as his mouth dropped. "No way," He mumbled, "Noire?"

Gagging, Jisung gawked at the Woods', raising an eye. Mark loudly gasped and high fived the girl, who now had a much brighter look on her pale face.

"Aye Mark! Haven't seen you since the holidays." She beamed, "Thorn is back there, I bet he'd be glad to see you." Noire said, spilling her painted lips into a sweet smile.

Instead of helping Jisung get the brunet's slice of pie, Mark fled away with his, what he guessed 'friend'. Noire had left the dessert on the counter, Jisung shrugged and took it away to his table, it was no harm anyway.

Chenle was already with his four other friends, chatting away with Jeno as they neared the door. He guessed they had already bid a goodbye to the Hatters', as Jaemin proudly pat a gaudy hat on his head, blinding his eyes once again. The elder snagged his treat happily from the younger, swallowing it all in one bite. Jisung was flabbergast, cutting his jaw to the floor.

"I guess we better get going." Renjun suggested, petting Jisung's childishly.

"Where's Mark though?" Chimed Donghyuck, as he glanced at the blue haired lad.

Jisung didn't need to say anything, as lively laughter headed their way, filling the happy atmosphere even nuttier than it already is. Mark was huddled between two guys, one with chocolate-red hair, and the other was jet black, gloomier than Mark's, as it was styled to look more Goth. There, followed Noire, the girl he had encountered at the front desk, with another girl tracking behind her, caked in thick layers of make-up. It was just so full on her face, Jisung thought she was a face-painted clown for a second.

His throat then drew back, suffocating him with his breathes. Blinking his eyes, twice, thrice times, he still couldn't believe his sight. Lastly, a lad trailed behind them, with his frisky broom in hand and the ragged bag strapped over his shoulder. A smile was composed across his cheeks, the smile that will always Jisung into a messy puddle. There goes rule number two.

STEP #2: To make sure, slap yourself that you actually you're interested in the person in that way. If you still feel like you're being lifted over cloud 9, likely you're more than heads over heels for him.

"Guys," Mark announced, patting the red haired newbie, "Meet my friends from Alfred." He pointed at the boys, "That's Thorn Hook, and next to him is Edward Maleficus." Their leader continued, "And that's Noire Tremaine, Rue Hearts and Bram Witch."

The girl with puffy bright red and downy pink locks waved nimbly, as Edward threw a peace sign. Jisung couldn't really respond to them, as he watched Bram grin lightly. How come Mark is friends with him?

"Aye! Ahoy me hearties!" Thorn crowed, smacking a friendly slap on Jeno's back. The blonde returned by shaking his hand nervously. Donghyuck shared a smile with Edward, while Chenle high fived him.

"I've always wanted to meet people from Sweven!" Bubbled Rue, clasping her hands dreamily. "Other than Mark that is." She giggled.

He felt a pinch on his back, and turned to see Jaemin throwing salty daggers across the room. The youngest looked at the other's way, to see Noire. Jisung was in a pools of confusion, wait, have they met before?

"Mark." Jaemin sneered, "We have to go." He quipped, yanking Jisung's arm harshly.

Their leader sighed, "C'mon Jaemin," He whispered to the brunet's ear, "I'm mostly doing this for you and Noire."

Jaemin scoffed, flickering his brand new hat crossly and throwing Jisung's hand of his grasp, "You know I hate her and you can't change that!" He grunted, "We're going back this instant, or else I'm locking you all out of the dorm!" He stormed out of the door, leavi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter