past

APATHY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun felt like he will never be able to eat anymore cake for the rest of his life.

He knew he had to get out there before his mother came back and made him eat more. 

So in the confusion of everyone talking and laughing, Sehun silently slipped out of the hall through the nearest corridor by him. 

He thought he was finally alone and breathed in relieved at the fact that he might relax for a while. 
He was leaning against the wall and looking through all his "happy birthday" messages on his phone, when he heard whispering. 

Sehun froze. 

It could have been the servants but still, he thought it better to check just to make sure. He had nothing better to do anyway. 

Putting his phone away, Sehun cautiously looked around himself trying to find the source of the whispering. 

If he concentrated enough, Sehun could see in the distance a shadow.

Telling himself that it couldn't be bad, Sehun proceeded. 

It would have been either really fun to caught whoever was hiding there alone, or really embarrassing. 

Sehun stopped, thinking about that alternative. What if people were doing something private and he would just randomly pop up out of nowhere. 

He started to back away to let it be, but the thought of someone doing dirty stuff in the corridors of his parent's house, didn't look to appealing. 

So quickly he made his way towards the shadow and froze once again, not expecting the person that stood in front of him. 

"B...Baek?" 

Said boy, spun around at the speed of lighting and stared up at his beat friend, ex-boyfriend, with big round eyes.

Baekhyun was clearly shocked at seeing Sehun, which was rather strange given the fact that he was at his party and shouldn't be surprised to find him there. 

"Who's there with you, Baek?" Sehun asked looking at the smaller boy's back, where a shadow was still clearly visible. Almost as if trying to hide. 

It felt strange to Sehun that in the moment when his older brother stepped out of the dark, he wasn't hurt. 

Sehun had tried to contact Baekhyun for all this time, worrying about him. And Baekhyun never picked up. And more, he never bothered calling him since the night of their breakup. 

Seeing Chanyeol's flushed face and Baekhyun backing away in his brother's arms, Sehun got a pretty vivid and clear image of why Baekhyun didn't have time for him. 

Clearing his throat, Sehun started backing away as all the emotions once again left him. 

He didn't feel hurt. Maybe that proved the fact that he didn't really love Baekhyun. But the fact fact that he had spent all this time worrying for nothing, stung. 

"Sehun!" Baekhyun jumped forward and quickly grabbed his arm. 

Sehun was surprised that he didn't feel anything. He wasn't angry at Baekhyun. 

He was actually alright with Baekhyun finding someone to really love him, but there was one thing Sehun wanted to know. Because that one thing would have decided the whole outcome of the situation. 

"How long?" Sehun asked Baekhyun. 

This was it. Sehun was in shock and he needed to know now to be able to make a decision. 
He didn't want to think the worst. Baekhyun couldn't have been cheating all this time on him, with his own brother. 

"We're not together, Sehun," Baekhyun said flatly, rolling his eyes as if that were the last concern in the world. 

Sehun looked straight in his eyes. He had known Baekhyun for a long time and he knew because of that, that his best friend was telling the truth. 

He almost sighed in relief. He hadn't been cheated on. He and Baekhyun could have still been best friends. It would take time but not everything was lost. 

"Then what are you two doing here?" Sehun asked, more in a teasing matter than angry. 

"I... hmmm..." Baekhyun started but was clearly struggling with words so Chanyeol stepped forward. 

"First can you explain me what's going on?" Chanyeol asked.

Chanyeol knew that Baekhyun and Sehun were best friends but he didn't understand what all the fuss was about. 

Why was Sehun acting like this? 

But then again Chanyeol knew that it was wierd and quiet suspicious for him and Baekhyun to have been hiding in the dark in a corridor. But there was a good explanation for that. 

Sehun just shrugged his shoulders, "it doesn't matter anymore." 

If Chanyeol wasn't intrigued before, now he clearly was. And this time he won't let it go so easily. 

"Tell me," Chanyeol said firmly. 

Sehun sighed and looked at Baekhyun, "Me and Baek had an argument last week so I am just surprised to see him here."

Chanyeol raised his eyebrow confused. Sehun and Baekhyun never fought 

Chanyeol's hold on Sehun's arm lessened. 

"Well you can solve your petty problems later because right now Sehun, me and Baekhyun have something to...ummm.…tell you." 

Sehun just waited with a stoic face. 

"You were asking why we were here?" Chanyeol asked and Sehun nodded. 

"Well I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter