numb

APATHY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A persistent ringing woke Luhan up to what looked like a dull and rainy morning.
Groaning in pain and frustration, Luhan turned around in the sheets to try just to ignore the annoying sound.
He felt so tired that he could have laid in bed for the entire day too.

Finally, the ringing stopped but just as Luhan was passing away again, the ringing started again.
Still, he didn't bother to check what it is.

When the ringing ended and then started again for the fifth time, Luhan knew that he had to check before he went insane.

Painfully turning in his bed, Luhan opened his eyes and looked around blindly at where the ringing was coming from.
Coming to his senses after a few seconds, he noticed an object shining on his bedside table.
It was his phone ringing.

Luhan thought for a second that he might as well ignore the call but after contemplating about it he decided that he might as well pick it up.

Sitting up in bed, Luhan took the phone and stared at the screen at Jongin's name flashing on the screen.

Sighing Luhan accepted the call.
He had to face the world sooner or later.
Maybe that way he'll forget about what happened the night before with Sehun.

Sehun wanted a divorce.
That was one thing Luhan could give to him.
It will probably be the only thing that would make Sehun happy.
Maybe he won't hate him anymore afterwards.

Now Luhan had to talk to his friends. He had to try to move on.

After the divorce, everything would be fine. He might still love Sehun or perhaps, the younger will just become a melancholic memory which he will keep in the darkest part of his heart. No matter what he could never forget Sehun.

Sehun was his first love and probably last, as it seemed to Luhan that he will never be able to love the same way ever again.

After the divorce, everything will probably return to normal and Luhan had to start now to not lose himself. He couldn't lose his friends. He couldn't lose his life.

"Hello?" Luhan weakly said. He knew that Jongin was going to lose it now so he braced himself.

"Luhan!" Jongin screamed from the other side, "Omygod Lu, omygod..."

Luhan heard his friend's heavy breathing and he knew he had been so stupid and selfish to ignore the calls.

Once again he had to be a liability and make the few people who cared for him, worried.

Luhan hated himself for being like this.

" Jongin, I'm sorry I was sleeping and was woken by your calls but I am so tired I didn't feel like picking the phone up. I am so sorry I worried you," Luhan said sincerely. He won't lie on such a thing. He could've said that he didn't hear the phone but he won't lie to his friends.

" It's not just that," Jongin still seemed out of breath," Last night..."

Luhan had no desire to think back on the previous night. He didn't wanna remember it. 

Maybe... Just maybe if Jongin didn't take him and Kyungsoo to the club, all of this wouldn't have happened. But Luhan knew better than to blame any of it to Jongin. It had been his own fault for drinking. It has been his own fault for letting a drunk Sehun touch him that way. It had been all his and Sehun's fault. But majorly his own fault.

"Where did you disappear last night, Luhan?" Jongin said, "Are you alright? Did something happened?"

Luhan let himself fall back on the mattress and he sighing he reassured his friend that he is alright. But is he really?

"It's just that I drank too much," Luhan said, "And then when we were dancing I couldn't find you guys anymore so I decided to leave."

"We couldn't find you anywhere," Jongin now seemed more relaxed, "I'm so sorry I..."

"Don't," Luhan abruptly stopped him, "It was no one's fault so don't say sorry. I lost you. I should have looked for you a bit more but I went home."

"It's alright," Jongin nervously laughed, "As long as you are fine, it's okay. We just got a bit worried and then... I was kind or driving drunk and..."

"And?" Luhan braced himself for the worst. Did they have an accident?

"And we had kind of a minor accident and... Kyungsoo...kind of broke his arm. But it's not that serious really."

Luhan sat up exasperated. Everything was just not right.

"Where are you guys now?" Luhan asked.

"We are at Kyungsoo's. He had his arm all bandaged up and yeah I'm just helping him around because it's my fault this happened."

"So you not going to uni?" even though that was one of Luhan's last problems on the mind, it still was a problem.

"We called in and told them what happened. Kyungsoo is off for a week while I'm off for today only so that I can help him."

"Okay, I'm coming to see you and then I'll go," Luhan said running a hand through his hair.

"You should get a day off too," Jongin said, "We can both help Kyungsoo. Call them up or send an email."

Luhan thought about it for a moment. Did he want to lose his education? No.
Did he feel like going? No.

"Okay, I'll drop them an email now," Luhan made up his mind.

"That's my boy," Jongin laughed.

Luhan couldn't help but smile despite the situation. At least Jongin had said that the accident wasn't that bad. And Kyungsoo just had broken his arm it could have been a lot worse, expecially given the fact that Jongin was fully drunk.

Luhan was surprised how Jongin didn't lose his driving licenc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter