The Beast

Evermore

Long ago, there was a kingdom. This kingdom was ruled by a young prince, the last of his line. This boy was like any other prince, believing he was superior to all. He was a handsome prince, with dark hair and dark eyes, skin that glowed like gold in the sun. He had many servants in his castle, and never needed to lift a finger. Very fond of beauty, he held many balls. They would last for hours, with music and dancing, women in gorgeous gowns who would do all to dance with him and to be his wife. But the boy did neither, he would admire them, sit on his throne or walk through the crowd as they danced, basking in the feeling of them all looking at him. 

The boy was not always like that. When he was younger, he wasn't like a prince, he was just like a boy. He would play in the gardens for hours, making a mess of his clothes, he would escape from the lessons with his tutor so he could have swordfights with the cook's son all day. He was a happy boy.

But his father, the king, wanted an heir. So he raised the boy, to become a ruler like his father, and in doing so, changed him. 

The prince was now so focused on himself and on beauty that he was blind to everything else. 

One night, at another one of the prince's many balls, there was a storm outside. Though the wind would make the branches hit against the windows, the sounds didn't reach the ballroom, as it was filled with laughter and song and music. The prince, as usual, was seated on his throne, watching the dancers, when suddenly he could hear someone knocking on the balcony door. The pianist stopped playing as the knocking continued. It was not branches in the wind, it was a person. 

The doors opened as a frail old woman entered the ballroom. The prince rised from his throne and walked towards her as she bowed. She begged to find shelter in the castle from the storm, offering a single red rose as payment.

The prince was appalled by her ugliness and laughed at her, ordering her to leave the castle immidately. 

The old woman begged one last time, asking the prince to give her mercy, but the prince did not want to hear it. When he asked her to leave again, the woman dropped the rose.

Suddenly a bright and golden glow surrounded her as the old woman turned into a beautiful enchantress. The people at the ball began to panic and fled, as the prince fell to his knees infront of her. She began to curse him, cursing the castle he lived in and the people that worked there. Because he was so blinded by beauty, she cursed him to become a beast. The rose became his hourglass, as she said it would lose his petals, and when the last petal fell, he would remain a beast forever. The curse would be broken, if he could find someone that would love him as a beast.

Immidiately the prince began to change, his screams echoing in the castle as his body began to transform. 

As the prince continues to scream in agony, the enchantress leaves, casting one last curse on the castle, that it will be forgotten to the kingdom. 

And as the days became months and months became years, the castle began to crumble, as the petals began to fall. And the prince, was no longer a boy, and no longer a prince. He became a beast.

 


 

Here's a little backstory and the second chapter! 

 

Of course most of you probably know about Beauty and the Beast, but I still wanted to explain it, and I know it's a little short but the next chapter will be up soon, I promise :D

 

Please leave a comment to let me know what you think, and what you think the beast looks like :D

 

Thanks for reading sweetie <3