"With you as my charm, I'll always win"

"With you as my charm, I'll always win"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~A/N:  For Jeonu2412 on quotev 

-Request: Jungkook x reader tutoring AU

 

The big game was a month away and you were already nervous. This game would determine if your team would make it to the state championships or not and the pressure was weighing you down. If your team made it, it would be the first time in nearly ten years for your school! It would be such a great accomplishment and just for that reason, you wanted to win ever so badly. That's why you practiced every chance you got, your teammates and you would meet up after school and practice on the field as often as you all could.

With the championships being just around the corner, you began putting everything else aside except for baseball. It had gotten to the point that your grades were dropping. And this... well it posed quite a few problems. First, your parents got onto you for the drop in your grades, then your teacher, and finally your coach.

"Y/N, I know you love baseball and want to make it to the state championships, but I can't let you play if your grades are this low," The coach said shaking her head in dismay.

"But coach, the game is in four weeks! We need to practice, I don't have time to work on my homework! It's not even that important!" You said pouting at your coach hoping she'd understand. But she merely shook her head.

"No Y/N, school is just as important as baseball. I know you plan to get an athletic scholarship someday but having an academic one too, doesn't hurt. And to even get an athletic one you need to be doing well in school, and you my dear are most certainly not. You're close to failing three classes and are failing chemistry, Y/N, that isn't good. I suggest you take a break from practices for the week till you get your grades up. Maybe look into getting someone to tutor you as well. Come by on Monday and if your grades are up I'll let you join practice again," The coach said with finality, leaving absolutely no room for argument. She patted your shoulder empathetically before shooing you out of her office.

This wasn't fair. All you wanted to do was make sure your team won the game and you had only a month left to practice! You didn't have time to work on some stupid homework and now you couldn't even practice until you did? How was that fair? ....Ok, you actually knew perfectly well that you shouldn't have let your grades slip so much, but still, you weren't exactly in the mood to admit it was all your fault.

Sighing, you made your way to the library to work on your overdue homework. You should be thankful your teachers were letting you make it up, but honestly, you wished they would have just forgotten about it. With a heavy heart, you pulled out your homework and sat down with a thump, startling the boy sitting next to you. He gave you a peculiar look as if asking 'What the hell is your problem' but you ignored him letting out an irritated groan as you looked at all the homework you had. How in the world were you going to get all these done in a few days when you didn't understand what any of it was asking you? Still, it wasn't like you had much of a choice other than to work on it and so you looked through the science questions and tried to figure things out.

Not even five minutes later you gave up. You let your head slam onto the table (even though you regretted it right after) as you began to feel absolutely pathetic. None of what you'd read made any sense and so you couldn't answer any of your homework questions. You pouted at your homework, hating it for existing. You wanted to scream at it but refrained because 1. You were in the library and 2. What good would that do? You groaned again trying to think of a new strategy.

"Excuse me, could you please be a little quieter?" The boy next to you asked looking irritated. You glanced up at him properly this time, taking in his features. The boy was tall, had chocolate brown eyes, midnight black hair, a sharp jawline, and a muscular build. He wore dark blue jeans that hugged his legs along with a loose white shirt. You looked at the male disinterestedly before scoffing at him and ignoring him yet again. This seemed to irritate the other even more as he set his pencil down and glared at you.

"Ok, seriously what's wrong with you? You've been groaning and sighing for the past five minutes," The boy said with narrowed eyes.

"None of your business," You mumbled returning your gaze back to your homework. The male glared at you for a moment longer then turned back to his own work. But not even two minutes later he was back to glaring at you since you sighed yet again.

"Look, I don't know what's got you so down but could you please just shut up?" The boy asked with a dark expression.

"If we didn't have homework I'd be glad to do just that. But alas the world isn't so nice and we don't always get what we want," You replied in a sarcastic tone.

The boy looked down at the homework assignment you were currently working on and then said, "Your answer to number 2 is wrong. The word you're looking for is symbiosis... To do number 5 you have to know that the mass of the atom gets heavier as you go down and to the left on the periodic table of elements... and for number 6 you got to..." and the boy went on pointing out your mistakes and helping you solve each question. An hour later you were done with all your chemistry homework and the best part? You actually understood it! This boy must be some sort of genius to have been able to explain everything to you so easily.

"Thanks... um..  sorry for being so irritating earlier," You said as you put away your homework and pulled out a notebook.

"Apology accepted. Anything else you need help with?" He asked curiously gazing down at the notebook you'd pulled out.

"Well... those were all the homework from last week... I haven't really started on this week's homework," You answered.

"Ah, I see. How'd you get an extension for last weeks work though? The teachers here aren't exactly lenient," The boy muttered.

"Yea... um, the coach convinced him, explained how I needed to work on my grades or I wouldn't be able to play and I'm kinda needed since I'm captain of my team," You say rubbing at the back of your neck.

"Oh... lucky," was the response you received, it didn't sound judgemental but you knew he probably was judging you anyway. It was a well-known fact that athletic kids got certain special treatment from time to time at your school, and some (many) students resented athletic kids for that.

"Yea... so um.. .could you help with this weeks work um... what's your name?" You ask just now realizing you didn't even know his name.

"Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook. And you are Y/N right?" The boy responded and your eyes widen as you nod, not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter