I Need a Favor...

Misunderstandings

When you said you needed a favor, this was the last thing Namjoon had in mind.

“I’m gonna need you to fake propose to me.”

“Um…”

“Look it’s just for this dinner with my parents! They told me at my sister’s wedding last year that if I wasn’t engaged within the year they were going to set me up with someone. I can’t go through that!”

“You can’t just bring me and say we’re engaged?”

“No, they’re too smart for that; they watch my social media like a hawk and they’d want to know why I hadn’t posted anything about it…”

“They sound scary…”

“That’s cause they are! I’m sorry I’m asking you to do this, but can you please just help me out?”

“Why me though? You’re friends with all the members.”

“We have the most pictures together on instagram, and the fans already think we’re dating so it’d be a perfect lie to my parents!”

“You’ve really thought of everything…Do you even have a ring?”

“You know it~”

“You’re just as scary as your parents…” You playfully smacked Namjoon’s arm as he laughed and held it in mock-hurt. “So when’s this dinner?”

“Tonight…”

“(Y/N)!”

“Sorry…pick me up at six!” You took off running before Namjoon could scold you, grabbing your keys off the kitchen counter at the boys’ dorm and rushing out the door. You swung it open to reveal Taehyung standing on the other end, keys in hand. He quickly looked up in confusion and shock before his eyes warmed as they settled on your face.

“Oh hey (y/n)! Are you leaving?” Taehyung slightly pouted when he noticed your car keys in your hand.

“Y-yeah, I’ve got to go get ready for a dinner with my parents.” You shyly looked at Tae’s feat, too embarrassed to maintain eye contact with the handsome man for too long.

“Oh that sounds fun! I didn’t know they were in town. Are we still on for video games tomorrow?” You looked back up at Tae to see him smiling warmly and you gladly reciprocated the gesture.

“Yeah of course! I’ll see you then okay! I’m bringing all my favorite games~” You moved past Taehyung and down the hall, giving him one final wave before you turned around.

“See you (Y/n)!” He shook his head and chuckled at how cute you were, closing the door behind him as he settled into the dorm. Suddenly, Namjoon ran up in font of him looking slightly panicked.

“Did she just leave?”

“Who (y/n)? Yeah she—“

“Aish!” Namjoon ran his hand through his hair looking stressed out. “That girl…I guess I’ll just call her then.” Namjoon mumbled to himself.

“Did she leave something? I can go get her—“

“No that’s not it, she’s just…she’s just a handful is all.” Namjoon smiled at Tae, the other male giving him a look saying “I understand completely.” The two burst into laughter at the telepathic communication between them.

“Ah, anyways, hyung, what are you doing tonight? I know we’re all free so I thought we could all get something to eat!”

“Sorry Tae, I’ve got dinner plans already it seems…”

“Really? (Y/n)’s gonna be busy too, and I was going to invite her…” Tae’s face looked a little downtrodden. “But,” he perked up, “I get to see her tomorrow~” Tae grinned like mad at Namjoon, excitement pouring from his features. Namjoon was the only one of the members who knew about Taehyung’s crush on you. The others figured something was up, but Namjoon was the only one he officially told, hoping his hyung would be his “wingman.” Suddenly Namjoon was all too aware of the situation he had been put in, guilt starting to tear away at him. He had to make sure Taehyung never found out about tonight, even if his intentions were pure.

“That’s great man,” Namjoon tried his best to smile like he wasn’t hiding a big secret, “You gonna tell her how you feel tomorrow?” Namjoon wiggled his eyebrows at his dongsaeng, causing the younger man to get flustered and cover his face.

“What! No! I don’t even know if she likes me back.” Tae peeked out from between his fingers, frowning at Namjoon.

“Well you’ll never know unless you ask right?” Namjoon patted Taehyung on the back. “I’ve gotta get ready for tonight, but we’ll talk about this later. If you don’t want to outright ask her, you have to test the waters, see if she’s interested.” Namjoon sent him a final smile before stalking off to his room wondering what he should wear to impress his fake-girlfriend/future-fiancé’s parents.

That’s a mouthful…


Namjoon pulled up in front of your place, texting you that he was outside.

 

From (Y/n):

You’re not going to walk me to your car :(

 

He laughed at your antics before sending a reply.

 

To (Y/n):

You do realize we’re not really dating right?

 

He heard your front door slam causing him to whip his head up to see your figure marching like mad to his car before throwing the door open.

“I know that! You could still be a gentleman!”

“Eh, don’t feel like it~” Namjoon shrugged while smiling cockily. He loved teasing his best friend.

“Now I’m starting to see why we’re going to fake break up!” You were being overdramatic on purpose; you knew it made him laugh.

“Just get in the car you drama queen!” You were both laughing now as you climbed into the car. You plopped the ring box onto the center console, motioning to it with your hand, urging Namjoon to take it. He grabbed it gingerly, opening it and gasping at the ring inside.

“I didn’t buy it for tonight, I’ve actually had it for a while. It was for a music video I helped shoot. They had several extras of the same prop, so they let me take it home. It’s a fake but only a jeweler would be able to tell.” You noticed Namjoon looking at you funny before he started up the car and made his way to the street. “What’s with that face?” You chuckled slightly.

“I can’t believe we’re not the only group you help shoot videos for…I feel like I’ve been cheated on.” You let out a loud laugh.

“Who’s being melodramatic now?”

“I kid, I kid~ We’re still your favorites though right?”

“Of course~”

“Good. I think I speak for all of the members when I say we want you to stick around for a long time.”


 Your mom got up from the table once she saw you, making her way over to you and enveloping you into a big hug.

“Sweetheart it’s so good to see you! Skype calls are not enough, I want to hug you like this everyday~”

“M-mom, please.” You struggled to breathe, embarrassed by your mom’s reaction and hoping to god Namjoon wouldn’t tease you about it later. As your mom pulled away from you, you noticed your dad standing by the table smiling; he had always been more reserved than your mother. You noticed your mom staring at Namjoon now, the look on her face telling you she definitely recognized him from your instagram (though she would vehemently deny it).

“Who’s this dear?”

“Oh this is my boyfriend,” the word tasting strange on your tongue as you grabbed Namjoon’s arm and tugged him towards you, “Namjoon.” You smiled sweetly hoping your mom would buy it.

“You have a boyfriend? How come you never talk about him?” She looked at you disapprovingly.

“Well it’s a long story, but let’s sit down first okay?” You noticed your dad’s embarrassed face hoping your mother wasn’t causing a scene in the middle of the restaurant. They were truly like night and day. You walked over to your dinner table, arm linked into Namjoon’s. He unraveled himself from you for a moment to shake your father’s hand and introduce himself properly.

Oh now we’re being a gentleman?             

He did the same with your mother, pulling out her chair for her before she sat down and making sure he did the same for you. He was showing off. Normally you would about it, but you were grateful in this situation; he was gonna make you look good in front of your parents.

“Namjoon, “ you gestured to your “boyfriend” beside you, “Is a pop idol, so there are many things he can’t release to the public. For instance: dating me.”

“It’s not like I’m ashamed of your daughter, on the contrary I care about her very much, but our fans can get crazy, so we were worried she’d face severe backlash on social media.” Namjoon gave your parents an apologetic smile.

“I understand completely!” Your mother smiled wide at Namjoon, and if you didn’t know any better, you’d say she was smitten with him. “(Y/n)’s worked with celebrities before, so we know how it is.” Your father nodded, taking a sip of his drink.

 

The rest of the night went swimmingly, Namjoon playing his part perfectly; it’s too bad you didn’t have a crush on him. Just then, Namjoon excused himself from the table, your mother watching his back until he was completely out of sight.

“He seems nice, and his Englsih is very good! But…”

“But?” You started to sweat, thinking she had found you out, but you were surprised when your father spoke up.

“You’re not dating that Taehyung boy?”

“W-what? Taehyung? Have you been stalking my social media again?” You were flustered, but tried to mask it with anger, putting on an accusatory tone.

“Regardless of whether we have or have not, we see the way you look at him in your photos. We always assumed Namjoon was just a friend.” You mom looked at you concerned, she was always a nosy worrywart.

“It’s Taehyung who’s just a friend…he’d never think of me like that…”

“Aw sweetheart, I didn’t mean to upset you. Hey, Namjoon’s a swell guy and I’m sure he makes you very happy!” She smiled at you, almost imperceptibly nudging your father under the table, though you could tell by the way he jerked suddenly.

“Yes, Namjoon is certainly a catch, but if he hurts you, you let me know.”

“Daddy!” Your father just laughed at how flustered you got, dodging the napkin you threw at him. Namjoon soon came back and slid into his seat, looking a little suspicious. You squinted at him dubiously before you realized what he probably left the table to do. He noticed you staring and sent you a smile that said, “Put on your acting face, cause here we go!” Suddenly, a waiter came over to the table carrying a fancy box, your parents looking at him in confusion.

“What’s all this about?”              

“Just delivering a specialty cake to the beautiful young lady at this table, but now I’m having trouble figuring out which one she could be~” Your mother swished her hand in the direction of the waiter, covering her face with the other hand as if to say, “Oh stop it you!”

“So which one of you lovely ladies is (Y/n)?” You timidly raised your hand.

“That would be me.” You looked at the waiter, putting on an ignorant façade, “But we didn’t order any desert.” He set the cake in front of you, his face warm yet mischievous.

“No? Well, I wouldn’t throw good cake away if I were you, at least take a look~”

“Oh,” you let out a tiny giggle, “alright then.” You slowly opened the box in front of you and let out a gasp, covering your mouth with your other hand.

“Dear, what is it?” You mother tried to peek over to see what had caused you to react that way. When she saw the cake, she of course had the same reaction.

“Will you marry me?” She read the words off the cake and looked at Namjoon with wide eyes as he got down on one knee, pulling the ring you gave him out of his pocket.

“I know it’s sudden, I had been planning on giving this to you later, but when you asked me to go to dinner with your parents tonight, I knew it was now or never.” You looked around to see not only your parents staring at the two of you, but also the entire restaurant. Even the wait staff had stopped what they were doing to take in the scene. “(Y/f/n), will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?”

Here goes nothing

“Oh my god Namjoon, yes! Yes, yes! A million times yes!” You put on the most excited reaction possible, lending Namjoon your hand as he slipped the ring on your finger, it was a little too big but you made it work. He stood up and hugged you while the whole restaurant cheered for you. However, when the two of you broke away from each other, someone from the crowd yelled something in Korean, which you translated in your head immediately, the blood draining from your face. Your parents looked at Namjoon expectantly, as the whole eatery began chanting what the man had shouted.

“They uh, they want us to kiss.” He said sheepishly, clearly uncomfortable, but your parents thought it was for a completely different reason.

“Well go on!” You were taken aback upon hearing those words come out of your father's mouth. “You have my permission, kiss her!” The two of you laughed nervously as you slowly turned to look each other in the eyes, both of you desperate to find a way out of this. But you dug this hole, and now you had to crawl out of it. Leaning forward, you closed your eyes, your lips meeting Namjoon’s while you desperately tried to pretend it was someone else you were kissing. Namjoon’s lips melted into yours; on the outside the kiss looked very romantic, but the two of you could tell it was full of empty emotions. You pulled away first, burring your face in Namjoon’s chest in sheer embarrassment while the restaurant cheered once more.


The car ride back to your place was…awkward. In front of your parents you had to play the happy couple, but now that you were alone the façade melted away.

“I didn’t think about that.” You spoke up first. “I didn’t think that far at all, I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine.”

“No, it’s really not! Namjoon, I like you being my friend and I don’t want to ruin that by making you uncomfortable around me!”

“You didn’t—That’s not why—ugh.” He took one hand off of the steering wheel and rubbed his face. “I betrayed someone else by doing that. People kiss their friends all the time (Y/n), but people don’t kiss their friends’ crushes.” Namjoon’s hand covered his mouth now; his eyes wide realizing what he just let slip out.

“What do you mean?” You looked at him shocked, “Does someone you know have a crush on me?”

“More like someone we know. Ah, I’ve said too much! Just pretend you didn’t hear anything, and more importantly, pretend tonight never happened. I can’t let him find out, he’d be heartbroken.”

“Okay…” You looked out the window, feeling more confused than ever. Namjoon noticed the sour mood and tried to lighten things up.

“Hey, we did good though yeah? They really believed us! Maybe I should be an actor~”

“In your dreams Kim Namjoon!”


Your talk with Namjoon last night helped you feel better about the situation, but you still wondered who it could be that had a crush on you.

He told me to forget about it though…

However, you’ve never been too good at listening. You were still going over the “facts” on your way to the boys’ dorm, wondering if it might be one of the members. You shook your head both physically and metaphorically, trying to get the silly idea out of your head as you stood in front of their door. You lifted up your hand to knock on the barrier, your knuckles making a soft sound against the wood. Before you could even bring your hand back down to your side, the door swung open, revealing a very excited Taehyung, his mouth in a wide-open smile.

“(Y/n)! You’re here!” You giggled at his cute face.

“I’m here~” You repeated back to him, giving him a nervous smile hoping he couldn’t see your flushed cheeks.

“Come in!” He ushered you inside before pointing to the bag you had slung around your shoulder, “Are those your games? How many did you bring? Let me take that for you.” You handed him the bag and chuckled when he found out how heavy it was the hard way.

“I told you I’d bring all my favorite games!”

“I never knew you’d have so many, oof!” You laughed watching him struggle with your bag while he walked to the game room. “You brought this thing all the way here? How?”

“Psht, I work out!” You jokingly flexed for him, showing him your impressive arm muscles. You had to move around a lot of heavy equipment regularly, so strength was a necessity in your line of business. You watched him set down the bag in awe, walking over to you so he could inspect your arms closer.

“Woah,” His closeness made your face heat up considerably, but what he said next threw you into a tizzy. “Could I touch them?” He looked at you, clearly impressed.

“Uh…sure?” How could you say no to that face? His fingers grazed your arms, squeezing lightly to test out your arm’s firmness.

“Wow, seriously (Y/n), this is impressive!”

“You think so?”

“Yeah! Wouldn’t want to meet you in a dark alley~” You laughed, lowering your arm as his fingers left, slightly missing the warmth they brought. He held up his arm and flexed.

“You can grab mine too if you want, so we’re even.” He winked playfully at you, having no idea what his actions were doing to your heart.

“Haha, okay.” You nervously walked over to him, grabbing his arm in the same way he had done to you. You were to engrossed in his bulging muscles to hear him take a sharp intake of breath as you touched him. Poor Tae was trying his best to restrain himself, knowing you had no idea how bad he wanted to kiss you right then and there. You pulled away and looked at him incredulously.

“I don’t know why you made such a deal about my muscles, look at yours! Now I’m starting to see why you guys have so many fangirls~”

Now?” You laughed at Tae’s cute pout, turning around and reaching for your bag, opening it and grabbing the first game you saw.

“I’m sure you’ve heard of this one, it’s pretty famous and one of my all time favorites!” You held up Portal 2 to Taehyung, his heart pounding at the excitement written on your face as you spoke. “Now the story mode is single player, but there’s a multiplayer secondary game where you get to play as two robots! Do you want to play it?” You could have brought the most boring game in the world and Taehyung still would have played it with you, just to see that look on your face. He had to stop himself from answering with, “Anything for you,” settling with a simple, “Sure,” instead.


You two had been playing games for a few hours when Tae’s phone buzzed. You paused the game and he picked up his phone, brows furrowing at the screen.

“What’s up?”

“Someone tagged us in a video on twitter…” Tae unlocked his phone to view the quick video, thinking it might have been from one of their concerts or something, but boy was he wrong. You watched as Taehyung’s eyes widened in shock and anger, the only clue to what he was watching was the various shouting coming from the video as it played. It sounded familiar, but you couldn’t quite place it.

“Tae, what’s wrong?” He didn’t even look at you as he got up and stalked angrily out of the room, his body tense. You quickly followed after him, waling into the living room just in time to see him shove Namjoon’s chest roughly.

“Whoa hey! What’s going on?” You were completely ignored however, as Tae continued to let his frustrations out on his hyung.

“I am one hundred and sixty-seven POINT three centimeters of pure muscle; I can and will take you down beanstalk!” You would have laughed at the odd statement had it not been for Taehyung’s incredibly angry aura.

“Tae, aren’t you like a hundred and seventy-nine centimeters according to the fansites?” You countered, though completely ignored once again by everyone except Jungkook.

“Our fans love to embellish things.” He mumbled from the couch, his nose buried in a book, completely numb to the situation happening directly in front of him.

“What the hell Tae? What’s this about?” Namjoon sneered at him, clearly pissed off.

“It’s about this!” Taehyung shoved his phone in Namjoon’s face, the video still playing having looped back to the beginning. Namjoon’s jaw was slack as he looked to Tae and then you, guilt and horror etched onto his features. You just looked back confused until Taehyung spoke up again. “You were dating? You knew how I felt and you never even told me? How could you do this to me?!” Jungkook had abandoned his book at this point, holding Tae’s arm as he tried to swing a punch at Namjoon. You finally understood what Taehyung saw, but what you couldn’t understand is why he was so angry about it... 

“Oh my god, did someone record us at the restaurant last night? You’ve got to be kidding me! How are we gonna break it to the public that we’re not really engaged?” Tae finally acknowledged you this time, his back relaxing as he turned to look at you, utter confusion written all over his face.

“Wait what…” You stuck your head in your hands before looking up to explain to Jungkook and Taehyung what was really going on.

“I had a dinner with my parents last night, and to keep them from setting me up with someone I barely know I had to convince them that I was engaged, and what better way than to have someone propose to me right in front of them. Ugh, but now they’re going to know it was all a sham!”

“But you kissed—“

“Ugh I know! They wouldn’t stop chanting it! I just wanted to crawl into a hole…”

“Why didn’t you ask me? I could have been your fake fiancé.”

“Because…” Namjoon and Jungkook were shuffling out of the room at this point, trying to give to two of you your privacy, both very aware of the conversation that was about to happen.

“Because why?”

“Well why were you so mad about it in the first place? What does it matter if I kiss Namjoon?”

“Because I’m jealous.” Taehyung was moving closer to you with every word he spoke, finally stopping once his face hovered inches away from yours.

“What—“

“I want to be the one kissing you.” Your eyes widened as scarlet dusted your cheeks, too lost in his confession to do anything other than stare back into his eyes. His fingers traced your jaw as he tilted it upwards, your mouth parting in response. In a moment his lips were on yours, soft and sweet as he cradled your face in his hands. You moved against him in perfect synchronization, every peck and nip adding to the fire blossoming in your chest. His tongue moved against your lips and you gladly gave him what he desired, opening your mouth for him and deepening the kiss. You were so lost in each other, you barely heard Jungkook come back in the room until he spoke up.

“So like, are you guys together now?” Tae responded by taking a pillow off the couch and chucking it in Jungkook’s direction, turning back to you smirking.

“Now, where were we?”