01 | summer break

Distraction | mino x seulgi (DISCONTINUED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

01

summer break

 

Rays of sunlight peer through the open windows, greatly affecting the students sitting by the windows with the accompanying heat. It is currently the middle of the day, and as time passes by, the temperature in the classroom gradually picks up.

 

It is summer after all. The fervent season has come to boast about its magnificent glory: the warm sunny days it brings, its countless heat waves during the day, the desire it incurs to dip in the cool blue sea, the cold and satisfying desserts it impels, and a long summer break it brings about.

 

Summer break is one of the few things people look to during summer, yet it hasn't begun for the high school students in the senior year. All the talks their homeroom teacher has been discussing are taking far more time than they have expected. The upcoming College Scholastic Ability Test (CSAT) on November, the decisions they should seriously have started thinking about, the prestigious universities in the city of Seoul and within its neighbouring cities, the top-notch academies, and some useful tips on reviewing.

 

Seulgi breathes out, momentarily relieving the pressure settling in her chest. Then she stares at the open windows, the clear blue sky in her view. It surely is a good day despite the heat boring into her sweating pores. The vast sky reminds her of those days when she is just playing and hanging out with a couple of close friends. As much as she badly wants to rest and chill during the whole summer break, she knows that she won't be able to enjoy her days with her future on the line. She has to pass the CSAT and get into the top medical school in Seoul first before she can hang around and play.

 

The bell rings throughout the second floor, bringing her back to the present reality. Upon seeing her classmates standing up and bowing to bid a respectful farewell to the teacher, she immediately stands up to her feet and bows her upper body respectively. Her hurried action prompts a few laughs from the people around her. She glances at them, a small frown on her face.

 

Finally, the homeroom teacher leaves the room. Summer break has started.

 

Most of the unruly boys in the class jump and scream out of utmost joy, even tightly hugging one another. The girls began their noisy chatter about plans as they happily put their things into their book bag. Clatter of desks and chairs being moved into proper place also resonate throughout the room.

 

A noisy day indeed.

 

"Kang Seulgi, you zoomed out again?" Wendy, who is currently fixing her see-through fringes and long wavy black hair, speaks out in a lilting tone.

 

Seulgi can only roll her eyes at her friend while she stores her notebook and pens into her bag. Wendy grins, definitely proud at successfully teasing her friend. Then she turns to Joy and Yeri, cheerfully yapping about the plans they have made in the past few days.

 

Weekly hangouts at their favorite café. Going to the theater to see the infamous The Emoji Movie. A trip to a beach in Busan at the end of July. Eating at an expensive restaurant before the start of classes for experience.

 

Seulgi quietly listens to them gleefully chatting, nodding and humming at every excited squeal she hears. Having finished at packing her stuff, she walks to their small circle and takes a seat on a desk nearby.

 

"My parents already said yes. How about you, Seulgi unnie?" Yeri asks her all of a sudden.

 

She blinks her eyes and after a few seconds, another frown settles on her lips.

 

"I can't go. I have a full-time review at the academy," she answers sadly, her shoulders dropping at the thought of academy. Her friends also frown.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter