I.

Baby You Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nothing beats the peaceful surrounding, beautiful and breath-taking scenery that Jung Yerin is sporting right now. She's sitting on the rooftop of the music department building; alone and mind flowing anywhere else. 


I never knew that this is so hard, she thought to herself. 


The ring of the school bell indicates that the class will start in twenty minutes.


Yerin walks towards the corridor and at exactly nineteen minutes, she reached her classroom. 


She sees Sowon, Eunha and Umji circling on Yuju's table.


She just passes behind them and walks directly to her table. 


"Yo, Yerin." Sinb greets her with a punch.


"Stop hitting me idiot." 


"So why are you late?"


"I slept late. What are they doing? Are they having a meeting or what?" Yerin asks Sinb, while looking at Yuju's direction.


"Someone gave Yuju a note with a blue rose," Sinb says while looking at her bae.


Yerin just nod and stares at her love-sick best friend.  


"Stop staring like that to Umji. You look like an old erted man."

 

At the other side of the table...


Yuju stares at the blue paper with a blue rose on it. 


"Open it," Sowon says.


I stumble upon 26 letters of the alphabet but somehow no words or phrase can describe how beautiful you are in my eyes.
-Y-


"Who's that? Answer us  Choi Yuna," Eunha glares at the girl.


"I don't know too," Yuju says but her cheeks gets red because of the letter and the flower.


"Someone got an admirer," Umji says while clapping and smiling.


The bell rings and it means break time.  


"C'mon guys, I'm hungry." Eunha says.  


"Hey Yerin, join us." Yuju tells Yerin.


"No I'm good. Enjoy your break guys." Yerin says while walking towards the door.


"Is she still mad at me?" Yuju asks Sinb.


"I don't know. Lately, Yerin is quiet and wants to be alone." Sinb says so casually. 


"Let's go! I'm really hungry!" Sowon tells her friends.


Yuju just stares at Yerin's back.  


It's been a month since Yerin distanced herself from the group, especially from Yuju.


She hears someone playing a guitar and singing. 


Some people want it all
But I don't want nothing at all
If it ain't you baby
If I got you baby ~


Yerin just stands until the unknown person stops playing and singing. She is lost in her thoughts and didn't realize that the girl is standing in front of her. 


"Are you okay?" The girl with a cute expression ask her.


"Yes I'm okay. Sorry for disturbing you." 


"No, it's okay. I'm Son Wendy and you are?"


"I'm Jung Yerin," she extends her hand and the latter accepted it. 


"Nice to meet you. Feel free to use any instruments here and feel free to express yourself. I have to go now. See you again Yerin!" Wendy says while waving.


Yerin sits on the floor while holding a guitar and her mind wanders to the days where she and Yuju were close. 

 

One month ago...


The six girls were in the park; having a picnic on a windy day.  


Yuju poked Yerin on the cheeks. 


"Hey Yerin, do you want to eat?"


"I'll eat if you feed me," Yerin flirtingly said.


"Stop being a baby Jung Yerin," Sowon said while giving Eunha a sandwich. 


"But I'm Choi Yuna's baby, right Yuju?" Yerin did some kind of aegyo that no one can't resist. 


"Whatever Yerin, just eat." Then Yuju shoved the fruits in Yerin's mouth.


She remember the days where she always bother Yuju; asking her for help or talk every midnight.


But now, it's all just memories. She can't be close to her again. She can't let herself.

 

That's why she distanced herself before her feelings went so deep.


--------------------


The next day, Yuju went to school so early.
She opens her locker and sees a blue post-it together with a box of milk.


You look like a shooting star, daydream, cotton candy. You're my fantasy. Sweet feelings. 


Yuju reads it and smiled. It's been a month since she started receiving blue post-it notes together with something or a white rose. But up 'til now, she doesn't know who her secret admirer is.


She just walks to the library to finish her essay when she sees someone sleeping on the far left side of the library.


She takes a chair in front of the sleeping figure.


"I miss you my baby, what happened? Why did you distance yourself to me?" Yuju says while looking at Yerin. She doesn't know that tears are flowing from her eyes.


"I miss you so much. No one bugs me the way you do."


Yerin opens her eyes and sees a familiar face in front of her.


She notices that Yuju is writing. She can't help but to smile and her heart skips a beat.


But she decided to stand up and leave Yuju alone in the table.   


"Yerin, wait."


Yuju holds Yerin's arm so the latter doesn't have a choice but to stand still.


"Why did you stop talking to me? Can you tell me the reason? Do you perhaps hate me?" Yuju says while fighting the tears falling from her eyes.


"I hate you but I hate myself more," Yerin answers while looking into Yuju's eyes.


She then turns her back while whispering, "I hate myself for wanting you more than friends."


--------------------


Her feet leads her to the music room again. She spots Wendy holding a guitar. 


"Good morning." Wendy smiles.  


"Good morning, too" Yerin answers back.


"Can I ask you something, Wendy?" 


"Sure what is it?"


"When you don't know what you feel, what do you do?"


"Sometimes the only way to explain what you feel is to find or write a song that will explain what you feel." Wendy explains while giving the guitar to Yerin.


"You're falling in love, aren't you?" Wendy smiles.


"Yes and I didn't know it could be this hard."


"Why?"


"Cause I'm falling in love with a friend," Yerin says. 


"Is that so? The happiest feeling is falling in love with your best friend. Tell her. Take a risk and maybe somewhere between the line, you had her but you choose to be a coward and a crybaby that's why you're here." Wendy says to the rabbit looking girl .


"She hates me now," Yeri confesses. 


"Why would she hate you?"


"Cause I left her alone and I told her that I hate her." 


"You're really a jerk kid. What are you planning?"


"Nothing I guess; even though I like her and if I confess, we can't change the fact that she has someone in her heart."


"So she has a boyfriend or a girlfriend?"


"Nope. I just heard that she has her eyes on someone for a long time." 


"Then tell her. You might know it will be a change." Wendy says and leaves Yerin. 


"Bye. I need to go somewhere."


--------------------


Yuju can't help but to cry. She doesn't know the reason why Yerin acts like that to her. She remembers the last time they talked.


One month ago, the two went to watch a movie. They just went there because they don't know where else to go. And Yerin insisted that they should hang out.


They sce

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter