Wonder If - Part 1

Wonder If

"YONG JUN HYUNG!!" you shouted way at the back of the lane. A boy with messy hair and oversized hoodie turned back and looked at you. He gave you a glare and continued his path without bothering to say hi to you.

"YAHHH! YONG JUN HYUNG!!" you shouted once again as you race to his side. He gave you another dark and deep glare before putting his index finger on his lips, signaling silence.

"Can you please be quiet? It's early in the morning. I can never understand why you are so active throughout the day," he murmured as he continued walking. You took a look at his face; dang, those eyebags.

"You stay up late again yesterday?" you looked at him closely before putting your palms on his face. He glared at you as he shake his head to free himself from your grasp.

"Not stay up LATE. It's stay up all night," he said with his eyes nearly closing. You patted his head over the hoodie and give your best smile, hopefully he will feel better. You knew he is a night owl. The him at night is totally different from the him at the morning. At night, he has overflowing ideas and creative minds to compose any musics but the morning him is just a, meh.

"How many songs have you composed tho?" you asked to keep him alert. He was too lazy to reply you and too tired to glance at you. You thought he will be sleepwalking so you hit his back hard with your palm like a high-five. His eyes immediately opens wide and whinned at the pain of it.

"I really can never understand where you obtain all these energy from," he whinned, sounding more alive.

---

At university, he sat next to you. With his hoodies down, he put his head on his table; quickly took his flight to dreamland. You sighed at the sight of him working so hard and being so passionate about music. You recalled back why both of you started music in the first place. One thing you are sure of is that his work will definitely be recognised. He will definitely be someone in this industry. You felt happy for him but some parts inside of you was unease. He had a bright future ahead of him, what about you?

The lecture class ended with him sleeping throughout the class. You knew he is here, everyday for the attendance mark but you can't help to worry about his health. Pulling an all-nighter, won't he be exhausted? Gentlely, you woke him up by patting his back. 

"Junhyung oppa, wake up! It's lunch time!" you called him but there was no response. You decided to take off the hoodie to access to his ears. You saw his nape and a part of you went red. Gulps, that's one of your weakest spot. You love guy's hands and nape because to you, those part are the most masculine area. You glanced at the classroom and most of them have left the room. Taking a deep breathe, you went nearer to his ears...

"YONG JUN HYUNGGGGGGGGGGGGG! WAKE UPPPPPPPP!" you shouted at his ears. He jumped up from his seat and rubbed his eyes. SO CUTE, you thought mentally but you can never let it show. After all, he had rejected so many pretty girls before and ignored them ever since, you were afraid to be one of them. 

"Really, tell me. Where you store these energy??" he closed his eyes once again as he let go a deep breathe. You smiled at him and told him it was lunch break.

As you two went for lunch break, you saw a poster hung on the notice board. You went and take a look at it followed by the sluggish boy. 

"OMG. YOU NEED TO TAKE PART IN THIS! JUN HYUNG YOU MUST TAKE PART IN THIS!!" you exclaimed as you accidentally hit him multiple times. 

"OUCH OUCH OUCH STOP!" he defended himself with his arms. 

"Oppa, it's a music composing competition! You must join!! Look at the first price, it's a contract with reputable company! Oppa, you have a secure future already!!!" you smiled at him widely and pointed at the poster. You have the feeling he will definitely win.

"What about you? Will you join?" he asked you while looking right into your eyes, You put your head down, contemplating should you or not? You feel like giving it a try but you have a feeling that you will not win. You want to gain experience but you are afraid of failure. This is the biggest difference between you and him. He wasn't afraid to try but you are. 

"I'll think about it," you forced a smile at him, thinking how all your past works were rejected, critised at.

"Tell me about it then, if you join, I'll join," he smiled at you back, patting on your head. You nodded slightly and pulled yourself together. You always felt that no matter how bad a situation has became, he was always there for you. You know he is serious with his every words but you needed time to think whether you are ready for the rejection again or not. Besides, music degree doesn't mean composing line only. You can always be an educator or music editor. That was your thought but being a composer has been your dream since forever. 

"Let's go eat first~ I'm hungry!" you grabbed his hand and walked to the cafeteria. You decided to deal with the competiton later.

----

To Be Continued...