Love Is So Nice

In The End, You're Mine
Please log in to read the full chapter

  

 

Another radio interview where MCs asked some stupid questions. Key liked interviews where he could be completely honest. For example, those where they asked about opinions on some matters or fashion or anything but their love lives. That's where lies start.

 

“No, I haven't found anyone who would catch my interest since our schedule is pretty tight.”

 

“I like girls who are natural. Not wearing too much make-up and have cute face.”

 

“A girl I will choose will be definitely someone who will understand me and will have a sense of humor, too. Mature but not too serious.”

 

“I think that all of us would rather date ordinary person. Not an idol. But love is unpredictable.”

 

“Kibum likes daring girls who can change to cute in a matter of seconds.”

 

“He wants to date the most out of us all.”

 

 

Bull. Key didn't like girls like that and didn't need anyone else. He was already dating – though no one really knew apart from his three other band mates and their families. Yes, three because the fourth one was his boyfriend. Their love was a secret they had to keep because it was forbidden although Key hated the fact that their love had to be hidden like it was something bad.

 

Kibum and Jonghyun have always been closer than anyone within SHINee. Of course, all of boys had bond together, no one could deny it, but Kibum and Jonghyun were even closer. Add a heavy fan-service to that and it will come as no surprise that they developed feeling for each other. They have never been shy with each other so they openly admitted and talked about it. It was hard decision, knowing that there could be no official dates, no public display of affection just like that but they got a support from Jinki, Minho and Taemin and that’s why they decided to follow their hearts.

 

Coming out to their families was nerve wracking but the response they got surprised them. “Oh, it was just a matter of time, wasn't it? You always spent time together and were very close. You have each other's photos in your wallets and we all have meals together whenever we can. We already got used to the idea and we're happy for you.”

And so, the two boys started dating four years ago. It wasn't all that happy – hearts and flowers. They have faced many troubles and were struggling to keep their secret (or faith in their relationship). Luckily, if something happened during concert or fan meeting they played it into fan-service and fans took it like that, too. Of course, Jonghyun and Key knew that fans were shipping them, calling them Jongkey and they would lie if they said they disliked it. Because they didn't. It just meant that people saw their love as beautiful, right? It just meant that not everyone was disgusted by thought of gay couple, right? Maybe it was foolish – sort of liking the fact that people liked them together – but it gave them some sort of reassurance. However, they must have admitted that after they read some of stories their fans wrote about them (fanfictions they called it) out of curiosity, it left them flustered and maybe slightly disturbed so they promised to themselves that they will rather never read any again.

 

It was recently – maybe seven or even more months ago – that their company, SM Entertainment, started questioning them. Jonghyun and Key were supposedly 'overdoing' it with skinship and fanservice. They asked if they were really having feelings for each other and if yes if they were aware of consequences. And that's why they had no other choice but to lie and say it's all for fans. They were asked to stop doing so much of skinship or anything together and instead to focus on other members. They were asked to be specific on interviews, openly talking about what kind of girls they liked. No more secretive answers, they said.

 

So past months, there was just a little bit of 'Jongkey' and more of other members together. Fans started asking on Twitter and other social sites where are Jongkey moments, if anything happened, and questions like that because they noticed it. It could be ridiculous to ordinary people because Jonghyun and Key still interacted with each other, laughed and talked but dedicated Shawols immediately noticed lack of usual skinship and everything in between.

 

Every time Key would see Jonghyun giving him that look that said I'm gonna hug you, Bumie, he would smile secretly but turn to any of members – whomever would be closer. He could feel his heart clenching whenever this happened because each time he would see hurt flash through Jonghyun's eyes before he would put on his bright smile and would hug Onew or Taemin. And Kibum hated it because out of everything.. he loved the way Jonghyun looked at him the most. He always felt his eyes on him and it made him feel appreciated and loved. During all talks on their concerts or on any interview they had, Jonghyun would be looking at him while he talked, paying attention to everything Kibum said because he was genuinely interested in it. So Key resented the fact that Jonghyun had to watch himself and not look at his lover anytime he wanted. He hated that they couldn't be together like they would want to.

 

And Kibum was also jealous. Very jealous although he didn’t show it at all. All those times when Jonghyun would lie to interviewers about his ideal type of woman but his acting would be so damn good that his eyes would sparkle and smile would turn sheepish. Key was jealous of fans who would get too close to his boyfriend and he would smile or wink at them. The boy loved their fans of course, but he couldn’t stop small pangs of jealousy every time it happened because those fans were lucky to be able to receive such a gesture without worrying who could have seen that.

 

Sometimes, it would feel like it's not even real, that their relationship was really just a game to please their fans. Because they could be slightly affectionate in public only on concerts or events like that and all that was limited as well. Some people would think that they had all the time they wanted once they came home but it wasn't that easy. Their schedules were mostly killers, starting early in the morning and ending late at night. And every time it would end they would be too tired to even eat properly. All in all, this kind of relationship was tiring and half of the time painful. Pretending, hiding, controlling their feelings…

 

 

“So... if you should pick one perfect type of male, boyfriend, how would he look?” Key was interrupted from his thoughts when MC asked Jonghyun this particular question.

 

Jonghyun pursed his lips so it looked like he was actually thinking about his answer although he himself knew his answer right a way. Of course Key was the perfect one. The way he smiled, laughed, the way he talked and even the fact that he wasn’t as expressive with his feelings as Jonghyun was. The older singer simply loved his boyfriend. But he couldn’t say that.

 

Everyone was expecting Jonghyun to pick Key. Everyone except his bandmates who knew he couldn't do it even if he wanted to. That's why his answer didn't surprise them as it probably surprised other listeners – especially those who were fans of their 'relationship'.

 

“Hmm... I would say Gong Yoo, probably.” Jonghyun said with that boyish grin and Kibum's chest tightened.

 

He knew it wasn't true, he knew that Jonghyun just said it because he had to but it was painful nonetheless. The boy had to act like his answer was real so Key could even see that glint in his brown eyes – that glint of excitement he always got when he and Key were having time for each other. And Kibum hated it. However, being good actor he was, he chuckled along with the rest of SHINee.

 

“Gong Yoo?” MC asked, seemingly surprised and Jonghyun nodded with bashful chuckle.

 

“Yes, don't you think he's cool? I like girls so I don't know what to pick in males but.. He's handsome and manly, talented actor but sometimes when you look at him he can be cute. I really admire him and can say that he would be perfect boyfriend material, don't you think?” he said and it was obvious that the MC was amazed by his talking skills.

 

It was no secret that Jonghyun was DJ at radio before but his ability to talk so well still surprised few people and this MC was obviously among them.

 

“Yes.. yes, I guess you're right.” the man chuckled and then turned to Minho who has been watching his friends after the question was answered.

 

The thing was.. that the bond all five boys had with each other was so precious and strong that they could see past all that acting they had to put up sometimes. SHINee tried to be completely honest most of the time, especially to their fans because they loved them almost as much as each other but there were times they had to protect their small ‘family’ and act differently from what they would if they could. Minho was sad for his two friends, knowing how hard it was for them to pretend to be indifferent about personal questions like these but he also knew that their love and connection was much stronger than to be broken by it. He has witnessed the said love and it was heartwarming to know that that kind of love existed. He also didn’t miss the way Jonghyun looked at his lover, apologizing with his eyes because he knew it hurt Kibum just as it hurt him when Key had to lie like that.

 

“What about you, Minho? You are recently getting many acting roles. Tell us.. do you like acting as much as performing with your bandmates?” the man asked and Minho immediately chuckled, shaking his head.

 

“Hmm… let’s just say I enjoy it. There’s no such a thing as liking more this or that. Those are two different things with different people. My members.. are like family to me so performing with them is like playing and having fun with my family. Acting.. is like challenge for me and I enjoy it.” Minho said with satisfied smile over his own answer which made Taemin chuckle and pat his thigh.

 

“Aah, how come that all of you boys are so good with words.” the MC laughed softly with hint of wonder on his face.

 

“We are all professionals here, mister. Having been in this business for almost nine years already.” Jinki said cheekily and everyone in the room shared a laughter together.

 

“Yes, that’s right! SHINee’s 9th anniversary is nearing, right? Congratulations, boys. Woah.. being together for whole nine years, how do you feel about it?” the man asked, clapping his hands after his congratulating and Key rolled his eyes playfully before speaking.

 

“These guys really annoy me after all this time.” he said but fondness in his voice revealed that he didn’t mean it.

 

“Pfft, hyung, your Instagram says otherwise.” Taemin said right a way which made everyone laugh again.

 

“Yah, are you stalking me?” Kibum snorted but was grinning widely while Taemin shrugged innocently, returning his friend’s grin.

 

“I can honestly see why SHINee is still whole and strong after all this time. You guys have really amazing and strong bond.” the interviewer said in amazement.

 

“Stronger than you know.” Jonghyun replied cheekily and his eyes immediately found Kibum who was sitting two chairs apart from him.

 

It was as if their eyes were pulled to meet by some invisible force because the moment Jonghyun finished his reply and looked at Kibum, the latter’s feline eyes turned to him as well. One of those tiniest yet most adoring smiles appeared on boys’ lips before they turned away.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter