nine;♩♬

Downpour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

•♩♬ •
CHAPTER NINE

 

"Hey, 'Gyu hold on a minute!"

 

Wonwoo smiles and runs to Mingyu, catching the latter's attention. He tries to get past the people minding their own business, quietly whispering 'Oops, sorry!' 'Excuse me' and 'Ah... I'm sorry' as he slides and moves through smoothly, trying his best not to bump into people. Wonwoo is very flexible, Mingyu realised. Maybe it was his slim figure that made him like that, and Mingyu laughed at the thought.

 

But at the same time, it adds on to the list of Wonwoo’s weird and confusing personality — First, it the head patting, then the casual approaching, after that Wonwoo’s little ‘exposure’ incident, the dream (That Mingyu does not speak about) and finally, Wonwoo himself.

 

Mingyu feels that feeling in his chest — ‘Strange’, he calls it, why did he always feel weird? And when he felt strange, his ears got the signal to start tingling, he has that sense that he knows he’s going to fall.

 

There’s a thrill in him, poking at the sides of his chest, but Mingyu doesn’t want to admit it.

 

What would be more noticeable however, would be his cheeks tinted in a not as noticeable red — Luckily for him, he had an upcoming fever and just makes him look more worse.

 

As Wonwoo finally arrives to him, his smile goes away and halts right in front of the taller.

 

He puts his lips together to make a firm line and he furrows his eyebrows. “Damn…” The older starts, “You look like a mess.”

 

“I always look like a mess.”

 

“Hey, at least you admit it.”

 

Wonwoo shrugs but Mingyu lightly punches him on the arm while his pout shows on his face and suddenly Mingyu starts to over his mouth and nose with his hand as he feels something come up.

 

“ACHOO!” He sneezes and shakes his head, making him feel more dizzy than he already is.

 

“Bless you.” The older answers, patting Mingyu’s head, then moving his hand down to Mingyu’s forehead and says, “Hm… You're definitely coming up with something…” He frowns, looking at the younger eye-to-eye. Mingyu just looked innocent — He looked like a giant child for a moment, but Wonwoo didn’t want to comment. “Make sure to eat all of your meals and get a lot of sleep. Also, you should take some medicine.”

 

“Yeah, yeah, I didn’t ask for another mom here thanks.”

 

“And I didn’t ask for another but here you are-“ Wonwoo snaps.

 

“Zip it, princess.”

 

“Hm, I’m just saying… You look really awful…”

 

The older removes his hand from the younger’s forehead and tugs the hem of the sleeve on Mingyu’s blazer and the younger looks at him, blinking cluelessly at Wonwoo.

 

“Do you want to go to the roof?”

 

“Eh, why?” Mingyu moves back a bit, looking weirdly at the older. Wonwoo turns from nice to annoyed as his shoulders drop and his lips part slightly, looking at Mingyu with an annoyed stare.

 

“Look Kim Mingyu, I am not going to do anything for God’s sake.” He rolls his eyes and mumbles something along the lines of, ‘Christ, you’re not that attractive anyway…’ but looks up at Mingyu again with his regular, cold expression and says, “I just want to discuss about the fair.”

 

“Oh, alright. Why couldn’t you tell me that in the first place?”

 

Wonwoo clenches his fists and pushes his tongue in front of his teeth inside his mouth, deeply sighing. “You should be lucky you’re sick, Kim Mingyu.”

 

“It’s a given.” Mingyu cheekily smiles and Wonwoo decides to walk first, making Mingyu try and catch up with him in the busy hall.

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

Mingyu leans on the rooftop’s bars, analysing the scenery as Wonwoo closes his eyes for some rest — With just the wind flying past them and the sun rays reflecting them to accompany them. He looks at the scenery of the school, seeing the garden not too far away from where they are, and the school’s main entrance with students walking out after a long and hard day of noting but boring lessons and pop quizzes. He then sees the students inside the classrooms on cleaning duty, picking up their brooms and mops as they get to work. On the other side, he sees the students who are in detention and going to sleep or on their phones doing nothing.

 

He looks up and the further he looks, he can see the city and countryside from afar. On one side, there was many skyscrapers and tall buildings coloured in a metallic silver and depressing greys and blues while the other side had vivid greens and wheat yellow fields with trees — It was empty, but seemed more calming. Mingyu liked the contrasting cities stood not far from each other, it looked like a good combination.

 

Then he feels his foot being poked and he looks down, seeing Wonwoo — Who was sat next to Mingyu’s long legs, leaning his back on the bars — Wake up from his rest and rubbing his eyes, squinting at the sun shining at the duo. He looked a bit like a kitty while waking up. No, that sounded too weird-

 

“Had a nice nap princess?” Mingyu instantly says and Wonwoo instantly whacks Mingyu’s pant leg but nods at his question as he stretches his arms.

 

“Speaking of which…” Wonwoo says while picking up his violin that was next to him, putting it on his lap, “Tell me what that dream was again-“

 

“No! I’m not going to!” Mingyu childishly shouts and Wonwoo touches his ears as if he was listening to the type of music Mingyu likes.

 

“Ah… Why? It’s just a dream.”

 

The older’s eyes perk up and starts to laugh loudly.

 

“Don’t tell me, was it a weird dream Mingyu?”

 

“WONWOO WE DO NOT SPEAK OF IT ANYMORE OKAY.”

 

“Fine.” Wonwoo shrugs, the same, sly smile showing on his face, “I’ll take it as a yes then.” And before Mingyu bends down to murder the older, he also says, “Gee… How long have I slept for?”

 

“You’ve slept since we’ve got up here. You sat down, and I was going to ask you something, but then you said,” And in his best Wonwoo impression, he continues, “‘’Gyu let me rest for a while… I’ll be awake in five minutes.’” He goes back to his normal voice, “Yeah, you missed the last two periods of school Wonu’, well done!” Mingyu sarcastically claps.

 

The older’s eyes perk up and he starts to panic, “Wh... What, really?! Oh God, no-“ He then starts to stammer with his words, scared that he’ll receive a detention. Sure, he’s had a few in the past, and it’s definitely better than Mingyu’s detention count, but it was princess Jeon Wonwoo — What would you really expect? “‘Gyu, what do I do?! What should I say-“

 

“Wonu’ calm down.” The younger sighs, holding the bridge of his nose. He looks back at Wonwoo with  his tongue sticking out a bit, “I told your teacher that you were feeling ill and went home early, then made an excuse that I needed to see the nurse to get medicine.”

 

“YAH KIM MINGYU YOU DON’T LIE TO PEOPLE!”

 

“Think of it — I lied for you, I actually went to the nurse, so who’s in the wrong?”

 

“… Thank you but shut up.”

 

“You’re welcome. Well, I just stayed up here after I got my medicine to see when you were going to wake up, so I did miss last period because I wanted to.” Mingyu smiles but Wonwoo frowns. “Aish, at least be glad I didn’t leave you on your own up here and stayed for the past three hours for you.”

 

When Mingyu puts it that way, it makes Wonwoo give mixed emotions.

 

“Anyway, the fair.” Wonwoo says, finally ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter