seven; ♫♩♩

Downpour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

•♫♩♩•
CHAPTER SEVEN

 

“What to do, what to do…” Wonwoo mumbles as he taps his pen repetitively on his desk as he looks at his computer. Mingyu, on the other hand, started playing ‘What 2 do’ on his phone in hopes for Wonwoo to laugh. The older turned around in his chair and cracked a small smile, “Ha, very funny.” He turns back in his chair.

 

‘At least he smiled.’ Mingyu — Who was on the older’s bed with his bass in his hands — Shrugs, taking whatever he can get. “Idea block Wonwoo?”

 

“Yeah.” Wonwoo sighs. “I’m just struggling on what else to put in the duet.”

 

“Isn’t the violin and drums enough?”

 

“It is… But it would be better if we did everything ourselves… It would make us look more professional.”

 

“You just need my attractive face and people will already be lining up to watch us.” Mingyu smirks and Wonwoo throws a piece of crumpled paper in the centre of his face. “Hey!” Wonwoo starts to laugh.

 

It’s already been two hours and Wonwoo still hasn’t figured up with anything in his mind. Mingyu tells him to chill, but Wonwoo sadly doesn’t have any.

 

“How’s things with you and Al1 by the way?” Wonwoo asks, scrolling through the latest news in Korea. He feels Mingyu shrug his shoulders and lips move to one side.

 

“It’s a’ight. But we’re going to have to break up soon.”

 

The older freezes and looks to Mingyu, “‘Break up’?!”

 

“Yeah, it’s sad and all — But with Seungcheol leaving this year, it’s going to be hard without out leader and main vocalist. This is only for the best.”

 

“But-“

 

“Wonwoo, we already discussed it anyway. The members are all fine with it.”

 

“Still. You can just get another member when the new years come in… And why don’t you let the next oldest become the leader-“

 

“What? That bassist of the group? Please — I would rather leave than let him become the leader.” Mingyu scoffs and looks back at his bass.

 

“Someone doesn’t like the bassist that much.” Wonwoo purses his lips. “What’s so bad about him anyway? Whenever you mention him to me… It’s always so… Negative.” He then frowns.

 

“I don’t like him. I don’t.”

 

“So… The way you don’t like me?”

 

“No, I hate you — I just really dislike him.”

 

Wonwoo makes a ‘psh’ noise and scoffs, “Well okay I’ll just take that as a compliment then-“

 

“You get what you’re given. Be thankful.” Mingyu chuckles and starts to play his bass, plucking the strings as they make the low vibrating noise. “Plus, if he didn’t join, I would be the bassist instead.” Mingyu rolls his eyes, “The bastard is just lucky that I can play the drums too…”

 

“Mingyu, language.”

 

“You’re used to it.”

 

“He’s your hyung.”

 

“Does it make a difference?” And before Wonwoo is about to homeschool him, Mingyu raises his finger and adds, “Wait don’t answer that.”

 

“I thought so.” Wonwoo goes back to looking at his computer, trying to generate any ideas that come up in his mind by watching those ‘Peaceful Cuisine’ videos online. It didn’t really help since Wonwoo was on an empty stomach.

 

Secretly, Mingyu gets himself comfy with Wonwoo’s bed. He wasn’t going to confess it, but it was very comfy and smelt very soapy and fresh — Actually, it had no actual scent to describe it, it was just pleasing (And addicting) to smell — ‘Wonwoo smells like this a lot…’ Mingyu thinks.

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

Another hour passes and Mingyu is not anxious to tell Wonwoo that he’s bored and nothing is going to get done if Wonwoo keeps watching those mesmerising food videos.

 

“This is a waste of time Wonwoo.”

 

Wonwoo replies, “Well you’re a waste of space but I’m not complaining.”

 

“Nice comeback.”

 

“I know… I’m actually proud of that one.” Wonwoo chuckles and starts to take off his glasses, placing the pen he was tapping in the holder where it belongs. “Ah… My eyes kill right now…” He gets up from his chair and stretches left to right, hearing small cracks and exhaling a sigh of relief as he feels less restricted from what he was on the chair.

 

The older walks to the drawer next to his bed, taking out a towel from one of the drawers. When he looks up, he sees Mingyu with his head dug in Wonwoo’s pillow, laying down flat on his bed. He sticks his tongue out, and pokes the younger on the side of his stomach, causing a loud ‘thud’ to hit the floor.

 

The loud thud being no other than Kim Mingyu face planting onto the floor. 

 

And by natural instinct, Wonwoo starts laughing his off and clenches his stomach while rolling on the floor.

 

Mingyu suddenly sits up and curses under his breath while rubbing his head, then turning his head to Wonwoo instantly, yelling, “YAH! WATCH IT MAN! LUCKY I WASN’T HOLDING MY BASS OR I’D BE REALLY PISSED OFF-“

 

“Yeah, yeah, yeah… At least I woke you up and no one would be crashing in my bed tonight.”

 

“Couldn’t help it. I’m a busy man you know?” And Wonwoo rolls his eyes at the word ‘man’.

 

“Now, actually do something for this duet and… Write up what other instruments there are in the backing track.”

 

“What about you?!” Mingyu responds with his hand pointing at the older — He couldn’t believe he was being forced to work.

 

“I've had my stuck on that chair before you even came here! I'm getting a shower — So please do you as you're told…” And Wonwoo walks to the bathroom in his room, leaving the younger to himself.

 

Mingyu groans and gets up, arching his back to feel a bit better. He ruffles his hair — Not minding the no-gel style, it fitted him well. Then, he started to hear Wonwoo’s humming and curiously walks over to the door right in front of him and comments, “Aren’t you going to close the door…?”

 

“I don’t trust you on my computer… And I need to be able to hear you when you’ve found stuff. Or not.”

 

“Wow okay, rude-“

 

Wonwoo then flicks his milky fingers out of the door, gesturing Mingyu to go. “Now go away ert.”

 

“Says you!”

 

And the grumpy tall giant Mingyu stomps like a two year-old to Wonwoo’s computer, picking up the same pen Wonwoo was holding and starts pen drumming while his right hand holds the mouse and his ears listen to ‘Loser’ while Mingyu can hear the water from the shower running in the background.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter