three;♩♩♩

Downpour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

•♩♩♩•
CHAPTER THREE

 

Mingyu takes a look at himself in the mirror and fixes his hair, throwing on the leather jacket he bought a week ago. To put into perspective, it looked like something cliché. "Where did he say to meet again?" Mingyu quietly said, looking down at his phone for the address, "Oh. He doesn't live that far. Should I take the bus? Hm, nah... I don't wanna waste my money on someone like Wonwoo." His phone then receives a text.

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

10:10

10:10: yo man good luck for today lmao

10:10: jihoon told me that you're going to wonwoo's today

10:10: and wonwoo is really doubting you'll go. wow you two are such a complicated pair...

[10:10 has sent an attachment]

10:10: hwaiting!!!

10:10: and have fun!

10:10: pls don't get into a fight... your mom doesn't like it and so do i ;-;

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

Somewhat, Mingyu smiles at Soonyoung's encouragement, but soon frowns as he keeps remembering that he's seeing Wonwoo today. After putting his headphones on, he heads downstairs, heading to the kitchen, leaning on the door frame with his hands in his pockets.

 

"Mom, I'm going somewhere today." He speaks up, looking at his mother's back while she's baking something.

 

In her soft and sweet voice, his mother replies, "Where are you going Mingyu? Don't tell me it's that strange place-"

 

"It isn't. It's, uh, someone's house."

 

"Oh okay... Who is this 'someone'?"

 

Mingyu then purses his lips together, a small huff escaping from his nose and he answers her with a more quiet tone. "Jeon... Wonwoo, mom-"

 

His mother then turns around and gasps, the flour from her hands imprinted on her cheeks as she cups her face in shock. Mingyu knew he should've said Soonyoung, but it.

 

"YOU'RE GOING TO JEON WONWOO'S HOUSE? AS IN THE CHILD PRODIGY? YOU'RE FRIENDS WITH HIM?"

 

And Mingyu is then like, "NO MOM I'M JUST PAIRED FOR A THING WE HAVE TO DO FOR THE SUMMER FAIR AND I'M MEETING HIM TODAY-"

 

His mother starts tutting, walking towards her tall son with a scrunched up face. "Well you can't look like that will all of your piercings and edgy clothes! It's rude, now go change into something more fitting!" Despite there being flour in her hands, she grabs Mingyu by the elbows — Ruining his leather jacket — And turns him around, giving him a small push, "And take off some piercings, even though you're allowed to have them I don't want you to have a bad impression."

 

'You don't even know...' Mingyu thinks, walking off back to his room and changing into something more 'appropriate'. Instead, he put on a grey sweater and some ripped jeans he tore by getting into a nasty fight. Before going downstairs, he heads to the bathroom and takes something from the shelf, then heads back into the kitchen for his mother's approval.

 

She smiles and walks away from the sink, going to her son and putting her warm hands on his cheeks, "Ah, now my boy looks more handsome. You're so good-looking!" She pats his right cheek and picks up a plate of cookies wrapped in clingfilm and gives it to him. "Give this to Wonwoo."

 

Although Mingyu takes the cookies, he's also hating the fact that his mother likes Wonwoo more than her own son. Another reason to hate Jeon Wonwoo.

 

"Are you going to walk?"

 

"Yeah. It's not that far from here."

 

"Be safe, okay? I'm not going to let you come in the house if I find any cuts on you."

 

"Argh, fine... I have to get going now." He wraps an arm around his mother's waist and pulls her into a hug, "Take care, call me if you need anything."

 

His smiling mother nods and wraps her arms around Mingyu. "I will. I love you Mingyu."

 

"I love you too. Now see you! I'll be back before dinner!" Mingyu waves and exits the house with the cookies in his hand.

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

Mingyu looks at the house in front of him, it was simple but very big. Well, a big house for a bratty princess. Taking in one deep breath, he knocks on the door and waits impatiently for Wonwoo to answer the door.

 

The door opens and quietly speaks, "Oh... You came here early... Come in." He stands to the side for Mingyu to walk in.

 

"So are we going to your room or what?" The taller asks as he removes his shoes and Wonwoo says 'sure', leading Mingyu up the stairs to his simple and modern room.

 

They get to his room and Mingyu taps Wonwoo's back once they enter, and hands him the plate of cookies. Wonwoo looks at him confused, "For me?"

 

"I hate to say it... But my mom is a fan of yours..." He glares to the side, still a bit angry at the fact his mother likes his own enemy.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter