twenty one; ♬ ♬♩

Downpour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

• ♬ ♬♩•
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

 

Note: PART TWO OF DOUBLE UPDATE

 

It’s been almost a month since Wonwoo and Mingyu last saw each other (Taking away the late-night and mid-day facetimes) — Long, but at least it wasn’t longer.

 

Mingyu already had plans to see Wonwoo as a surprise to make up from the older’s last visit — Since he found out that Wonwoo caught him cheesily making a song up about Wonwoo, cueing the embarrassment — Before he went however, he decided to take a brief trip to Junhui’s house.

 

What Mingyu forgot, is that he had to take the subway.

 

He arrived, and by that time he was already half an hour late than what he expected.

 

Junhui squinted his eyes once he saw the tall male he hated in his porch. He ruffled a hand through his hair, which to Mingyu’s surprise was now purple for ‘some reason’, and groaned, “What the are you doing here?”

 

“Someone’s grumpy.” Mingyu mumbled under his breath. “Don’t use that attitude on me, I had to take a damn subway to get here and I’m running late.”

 

“And?” Junhui scoffed. “Not my fault and not my problem.”

 

“Man, why did I choose to come here, I should’ve gone to Seungcheol Hyung’s place.”

 

“But Hyung lives further away from here-“

 

“Exactly.” Mingyu glared, turning it into a roll of the eyes. “Forget it Jun, I’ll just go to Soon’s place instead, and visit Minghao to make up for whatever this is.” Mingyu turned around and gave a small grunt.

 

Junhui’s eyes widened. “Wait, ‘Gyu-“ He choked on his words and coughed, luckily he managed to catch Mingyu’s attention. “I’ll stop being a for now, alright?” Unbothered and tired, he sighed and also rolled his eyes. “Tell me what you want, I’ll save you the trip to Soonyoung’s.”

 

Mingyu stopped once he was two steps near the gate, slowly walking back to Junhui.

 

“Do you have an extra leaflet?”

 

“That thing? I still have a few. Why?” Soon, after realisation, Junhui’s tired face turns into a smirk. “Oh, how romantic, lover boy.”

 

“Shut up.” Mingyu spat, embarrassingly looking to the side. “Just give me the leaflet, ‘kay?”

 

“Yeah, yeah, I heard you. Be right back.” Junhui replies with a nod and heads up the stairs, leaving Mingyu to wait for Junhui.

 

The younger cups his mouth and yells, “You know, if you’re tricking me right now Jun, it isn’t funny!”

 

“Chill man! It’s not like I’m giving you a dead body!” Junhui yells back, followed by a loud crash, making Mingyu ask if the older is okay. “Yep I’m fine- !”

 

Mingyu attempts to hold in a laugh as Junhui runs back down the stairs, limping slightly. “Nice ‘trip’?” Mingyu sniggers at his own pun.

 

Sarcastically, Junhui laughs along with him. “Very funny ‘Gyu — I guess you don’t want the leaflet then-“

 

“No I want it.”

 

“Thought so.” Junhui smiles, handing over the piece of paper. “Now go, lover boy number two is waiting for you.” The taller nudges Junhui on the arm and the latter starts to laugh. “Don’t die, got it?”

 

“A less nicer version of saying ‘Have a safe trip’, but I’ll get what I can. See you too, Jun.” And Mingyu left Junhui’s front yard, coincidentally greeting Minghao who was also going to enter Junhui’s house. “Remember to use protection ‘Hao, see ya’!”

 

But after saying that comment, it ended up with Minghao chasing Mingyu down the whole street and cursing at him in Chinese. Lovely.

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

Panting, Mingyu arrived to Wonwoo’s house. He could’ve walked and saved his breath rather than running, but no, he wanted to save the last ten minutes walking from the subway to Wonwoo’s — Cutting it to four minutes when he ran

 

Instead of knocking, and being as tired as he is, he bangs on the door with his fist, desperately waiting for Wonwoo or Jiwoo to open the door as he tried to collect his breath.

 

He wanted to look like the chic, cool, awesome partner when Wonwoo opened the door, and let said Wonwoo swoon over his looks. But forget that, Mingyu gave up that thought to arrive at a reasonable time.

 

Wonwoo opened the door, which the younger’s full awareness was on the older.

 

Although, that wasn’t a good idea. Seeing Wonwoo with bed hair, an oversized t-shirt and baggy pants with his glasses looking like they’ve just been thrown on his face certainly made his pants ‘lowkey’ feel tight.

 

Never mind that, Wonwoo’s facial expression turns surprised as he sees the younger in front of his door. “Oh, ‘Gyu-“

 

He’s stopped by Mingyu holding a leaflet in front of the boy, changing his expression to confusion. Before he could ask, Mingyu interrupts again by saying, “Do you wanna come and watch?”

 

In his mind, he thought it sounded cool, but it ended up sounding too direct — Too late to change things now Mingyu. “Huh…?” The older replies in more confusion.

 

“Well, I haven’t invited you properly yet, have I?” Mingyu takes Wonwoo’s hand and puts the leaflet in his hand as a sly smile is shown on his face. “Here. It’s out last show.”

 

Wonwoo takes a good look at the leaflet, reading every word carefully. “I… I can’t go.” Mingyu’s heart drops, and Wonwoo was aware of that. “It’s a… Tuesday. I have to attend these finals in this competition I entered a while ago… Mingyu I’m so sorry-“

 

“That’s okay — I knew you were going to say that.” The taller shows a weak smile, gradually turning into a more confident one. “It’s an all-nighter anyway.”

 

“‘All… Nighter’?”

 

“Yeah, it means we’ll finish around five in the morning.” Looking at the leaflet again, Mingyu points to a part of the paper. “Al1 is going to be on just before midnight, so it’s okay to come after the competition.”

 

He looks up and sees how close he is to Wonwoo, whose eyes were glued on the paper, still reading what’s on it. 'How does he manage to look so breathtaking?'

 

“Where… Where is it held?” Wonwoo asks with his eyes not moving from the paper. Mingyu on the other hand, continues to stare at Wonwoo for a while before replying.

 

“Itaewon.” Gently, he whispers, the same way he holds Wonwoo’s chin, pulling him in for a short kiss.

 

When they part, Wonwoo is left speechless, looking down at the floor and feeling his cheeks warm up. “S... So… It… Itaewon?”

 

“Yeah, Itaewon.” Mingyu smirked at Wonwoo’s reaction.

 

“If I can make it…”

 

“You’ll go?” The younger’s heart skipped, hoping that’s what the older would say. Wonwoo looked up, his lips curling up as he did.

 

“I’ll go.” A chuckle escapes his lips, “Well… See you then?” His chuckle turns into an awkward laugh, which passed on to Mingyu. Mingyu nods, pulling Wonwoo in for a hug from out of the blue. “What’s this for all of the sudden?”

 

“Just for good luck on your competition.” Like that, he starts walking off and Wonwoo either feels annoyed that Mingyu can make him feel this way or infuriated that Mingyu makes him feel this way.

 

“HEY, LOVER BOY NUMBER TWO, GIVE ME SOME FOOD!” Jiwoo yells, ruining the mood. Mingyu’s ears perked up once he heard what Jiwoo said, turning around and storming into the house.

 

“SINCE WHEN HAVE YOU BEEN HANGING OUT WITH JUN?!” He screamed at Jiwoo, not believing what’s happening.

 

Jiwoo laughs, clenching her stomach and rolling on the floor, making the taller even more pissed. Suddenly, she starts running, “HE’S COOL — COOLER THAN YOU ANYWAY! AND MORE ATTRACTIVE-“

 

“JEON JIWOO GET YOUR BACK HERE RIGHT NOW-“

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

Since Itaewon wasn’t that far, Wonwoo concluded to take a five minute journey on the taxi to the located place. He had just finished dinner and left a note for Jiwoo, telling her that he’ll be gone for the night — Which also meant Jiwoo was allowed to invite her friend for a sleepover without Wonwoo knowing.

 

The older male however, felt drained out. He managed to win first place (Which was no doubt, since he is Jeon Wonwoo), yet backstage was a mess — Two people got into a heated argument and the air conditioner apparently broke too (To diffuse the tension, Wonwoo also made a lame joke but that turn out well either).

 

It especially didn’t help that the stage was no good either, with heat passing around everywhere, leaving the older to suffocate in his button up.

 

However, he was too tired to change once he arrived home and decided to keep the clothes he was wearing — He would obviously look weird, but at this point he couldn’t care any less about the people’s opinions.

 

At Itaewon, Wonwoo found himself aimlessly walking around the place, until he had to ask somewhere where the venue was, showing the leaflet.

 

Finally, he arrived at the venue and straight away picks up that it’s loud. Very loud. People are yelling, chattering is coming from him left to right, music was booming further inside the place and there would be sound of cheering, or bottles clattering against each other.

 

Wonwoo gulped, regretting coming in the first place. He has an uneasy look and his eyes look lost. ‘, , .’ He soon panics, clenching his teeth.

 

“Hey, you over there!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter