twenty; ♬ ♬

Downpour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

• ♬ ♬•
CHAPTER TWENTY

 

Note: Double update

 

Knock, knock, knock!

 

“I’ll get it!” Mingyu’s mother sweetly calls, washing her hands before heading to the front door, fiddling with the keys in the lock.

 

There’s a small click from the door, followed by a quiet creak. A cold breeze passes through — Autumn was starting to creep up upon Korea. In front of the small woman, was a tall boy with a fluffy scarf covering his mouth, along with a matching woolly beanie, a long trench coat and tattered sneakers. 

 

The only body part that was showing was his thin eyes framed with glasses. At first, Mingyu’s mother was about to shut the door, but seeing the boy’s eyes made her tell who it was straight away.

 

“Wonwoo!” She exclaimed, waving her hand to let him go in. “What are you doing out there in the cold? Come in!” The lady asks once Wonwoo steps in the house and removes his shoes.

 

“Uh…” Wonwoo quickly tries to find something in his pocket and takes out an object. A DVD tape. Nervously, Wonwoo chuckles and takes off his beanie. “I wanted to give this back… To ‘Gyu… He left this at my house.”

 

“Oh! Do you want me to call Mingyu down?”

 

“It’s fine Mrs. Kim… He knows I’m here, I’ll make my way to his room…”

 

“Well make yourself at home Wonwoo! You should stay for dinner.”

 

“Should I? Are you okay with that?”

 

“Why not? Saves the trouble of going home on an empty stomach,” Mrs. Kim flashes a smile, “Now go! Mingyu should be waiting.”

 

A light nudge makes Wonwoo laugh as he says a small ‘Thank you’ while making his way up the stairs, humming a song.

 

Once he arrives at Mingyu’s room, he peeps through the door and sees his beloved narcissist laid on the bed, looking up at the ceiling above him. Wonwoo was surprised that he wasn’t doing something like playing the bass or doing those cool tricks with his drumsticks — But never mind, he was just lying down there, peacefully.

 

As he was going to raise his arm to knock on the door and surprise the younger, he stops when he hears Mingyu’s voice saying something, and the older instantly put his arm down and put his ear closer to the door. Not long after he opened the door, enough to peep his head through the door, and tried to cover up his flustered face by smiling.

 

“Knock, knock, knock!”

 

“YAH WONWOO!” Mingyu fell off his bed once he heard the older’s voice, instantly stopping the laughter. His face was red too once he stood up from the floor, rushing to the door to greet Wonwoo into his room. “Jesus, I didn’t know you arrived already… I didn’t hear you come in the house.”

 

“Yeah, maybe it’s that.” For the second time, Wonwoo laughs and moves his hand to ruffle Mingyu’s tangled hair — Suddenly remembering when it used to be gelled and stiff — Then relocates his hand down to the younger’s chest, pecking him on the lips before wrapping his arms around him.

 

“Is it cold outside?”

 

Wonwoo nods, burying his face in Mingyu’s chest.

 

“Then let’s stay like this for a bit.”

 

And Wonwoo nods again.

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

Two hours pass, and Wonwoo is busy watching ‘Wolf Children’ From the collection of movies Mingyu has beside his flatscreen TV while Mingyu lazily rolls next to him, removing Wonwoo’s glasses and putting them on his face. He instantly squints his eyes.

 

“, you have such bad eyesight.”

 

“Thanks for the information ‘Gyu. Next thing you’ll tell me is my name is Wonwoo.”

 

The older takes back his glasses from Mingyu’s face and continues to watch the movie. Mingyu knew something was up by looking at Wonwoo. Subtly, Mingyu gets on all-fours and grabs Wonwoo by the stomach, pulling him to the floor.

 

Both of them yelped in unison, followed by a loud thud, yet the younger didn’t care about the fact that his head and back was aching, but checking if Wonwoo safely landed on the younger’s chest — Which he did, fortunately.

 

“Wonu’…” Mingyu coos, swaying left to right while Wonwoo was still on top of him, “What’s wrong? Why are you being so quiet with me today…?” His voice starts to fade.

 

Wonwoo sits up and crosses his legs, his eyes shifted away from Mingyu. “Don’t worry, it isn’t… A big deal.”

 

“Huh, okay.” Mingyu tilts his head. “I know you’re lying, but I’ll just leave you to your thoughts before I get concerned.” Wonwoo gulps, but nevertheless Mingyu scoots closer to Wonwoo and says, “I’ll be downstairs to help with dinner, okay?”

 

“Yeah. I’ll stay here…”

 

“Good.” Mingyu sits up to peck Wonwoo’s head before walking out of the room.

 

Then the older looks at the time and picks up the remote, switching the TV off. He stands from the floor, scanning the room.

 

“Aish… ‘Gyu is so messy sometimes…”

 

Although the older could tell that a lot of effort was put into cleaning, but it was obvious that Mingyu stuffed half of his belongings under his bed and in the drawers — Because who puts textbooks in the same drawer as underwear?

 

Being the perfectionist he is, Wonwoo gets to work straight away. First, he starts to look through the wardrobe — Which, boy oh boy — Definitely showed no thought put into it. And the more Wonwoo looked, the more he started to question the taller’s fashion sense.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter