nineteen; ♬♩♬

Downpour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

•  ♬♩♬ •
CHAPTER NINETEEN

 

Kim Mingyu. Just years ago, dating all the way back to their first encounter over a blue crayon at the age of fourteen, the name was something Wonwoo absolutely hated. From the top of his head to the tips of his toes, Wonwoo didn’t want anything to do with Kim Mingyu.

 

But after a span for almost ten months, and the small hints to each other, the name Kim Mingyu became something surreal yet dear towards Wonwoo. And now, from the top of his head to the tips of his toes, Wonwoo claimed Mingyu as his and only his.

 

Despite it only being a month and a few days after the fair — Especially what happened during it — Each day was always something to remember.

 

On one day, it would be taking a four hour trip on the bus all the way from Seoul to Changwon so that Mingyu can be toured by Wonwoo, and the next day can be sock-sliding on the newly waxed floors of Wonwoo’s house. It could go from ‘accidentally’ smashing a vending machine (Mingyu’s fault) To Mingyu having to deal with Wonwoo’s dumb jokes for the whole day. It could be a simple study date (Which may or may not lead to an expected makeout session), or calling each other to say cheesy things.

 

They’d stay out late on the streets together while the heavy rain was pouring on them, then a few days later Mingyu would take Wonwoo to a dog cafe for the first time (And Wonwoo would be running from all of the dogs that were chasing them), or fighting over who gets the last sausage on the plate, and maybe calling Mingyu in the middle of the night because Wonwoo cried over a book he finished reading.

 

Nonetheless, these were few of the memories Wonwoo never wanted to forget.

 

Yet the only problem is, after all of these memories all in one month and a few days, Wonwoo and Mingyu haven’t been on a real date yet. Which by now, Wonwoo finds shocking.

 

Although, Wonwoo could understand why. It was because it was the holidays and both of them were busy. Mingyu would be invited to go to events with Al1 while Wonwoo was catching back up with the competition life. So, they had to limit their time together by texting or calling each other.

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

It was like any other Thursday for Wonwoo, yet the male decided to switch things up and invite himself to Jihoon’s house after shopping. He thought that if he went to Jihoon’s house without the latter knowing, Wonwoo could walk into his room and catch Jihoon doing something lovey-dovey to Soonyoung.

 

Sadly, that didn’t happen — Just Jihoon sat in his room with headphones on and watching a musical they both went to see ages ago. 

 

At first, Jihoon was surprised at Wonwoo’s arrival, but rather than just forgetting about it and changing the topic, Jihoon threw his headphones at Wonwoo and scolded him for not telling Jihoon beforehand because ‘His room was a mess’ (Although it looked perfectly fine).

 

Once Jihoon took his anger out by cleaning his room, he and Wonwoo sat on his bed and started catching up on how they were and what they’ve been doing for the past month.

 

Although that only led to Jihoon mentioning one small thing about Soonyoung, then turning the whole conversation into the topic of said ‘Soonyoung’.

 

“He always likes to make fun of me y’know.” Jihoon pouts, “Especially my height. One time, he tried to bend down to see what is was like if he was my height and kept commenting stupid things — But it was better that way because I could hit him more easily that way. Speaking of which, did you know he sleep talks a lot? Like, a lot. And it’s about very random things too. It’s worse than Seokmin, and you know how he is sometimes — Oh wait, you’ve never met him — Wait lemme find a recording of Seokmin sleep talking, I have it on my phone somewhere…”

 

The sound of Jihoon’s voice fades as he continues to ramble on. Meanwhile, Wonwoo lies on his side, with his head resting on the footboard and his phone cupped in his two pale hands.

 

Just then, Wonwoo starts to smile and his nose scrunches up, trying to contain the giggle that wants to escape his lips.

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

narcissist <3

narcissist <3: so yeah that’s how jun kinda broke his arm…

wonwoo: honestly kim mingyu… -__-

narcissist <3: ^3^ **

wonwoo: sToP yOuRe So DiSgUsTiNg

narcissist <3: you didn’t say that when we face-timed last night

narcissist <3: ;-)

wonwoo: … im going to tell your mom to take your phone off you.

narcissist <3: AHAHAHA-

wonwoo: to be honest…

narcissist <3: yes???

wonwoo: i miss your stupid face… lolol

wonwoo: like… in person…

narcissist <3: awh, cute

narcissist <3: i would call you right now but im having lunch with the guys and there’s ty connection

wonwoo: who are you with?

narcissist <3: the usual

[narcissist <3 has sent an attachment]

narcissist <3: seungcheol hyung

narcissist <3: yes his hair is red now -__-

[narcissist <3 has sent an attachment]

narcissist <3: jeonghan hyung

[narcissist <3 has sent an attachment]

narcissist <3: minghao

[narcissist <3 has sent an attachment]

narcissist <3: and yA MAN,,,

wonwoo: cool

wonwoo: where’s jun

narcissist <3: YOU’RE ASKING WHERE JUN IS WHEN I TRIED EXTRA HARD TO LOOK PHOTOGENIC FOR YOU?!?!?

narcissist <3: STOP TEASING YOU KNOW WHERE HE IS

wonwoo: jkjk…~~

wonwoo: seriously though

narcissist <3: no comment.

narcissist <3: oh and

[narcissist <3 has sent an attachment]

narcissist <3: and then we have this weirdo…

narcissist <3: tell jihoon to collect his boyfriend

wonwoo: not right now, he’s in the middle of talking about him…

narcissist <3: haha how cheesy^^

wonwoo: it’s gross as it sounds…

wonwoo: anyway

wonwoo: yeah i miss you lmao

narcissist <3: wow you’re so direct…

wonwoo: -and your dumb face too

narcissist <3: harsh, but i’ll take what i can get

wonwoo: lolol we should go on a date some time haha

narcissist <3: sure

narcissist <3: wanna go out?

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

Wonwoo falls from the bed with a loud thud and lands face flat on Jihoon’s carpet floor. It was lucky for Wonwoo that he didn’t break his glasses or else he’d be in big trouble.

 

Jihoon stops talking and crawls to where Wonwoo fell and looks down at the male with a puzzled look. “Are you okay? I know I said some pretty bizarre things but they aren’t that bad-“

 

“, MINGYU ASKED ME OUT.” Wonwoo curses out loudly, despite the fact he doesn’t curse often (It’s probably Mingyu rubbing off on him) And Jihoon’s eyes widen. 

 

Even though Jihoon wanted to freak out as much as Wonwoo, he didn’t want to ruin the moment by being the cliché person who joins in and instead continues to look at Wonwoo’s typical flustered face and sniggers at the sight. Jihoon tilted his head.

 

“How?”

 

“I dunno! I just… Joked about it to him and he took it seriously…!” The older continues to stare at his phone, everything in his body picking up pace that what it normally is. Wonwoo liked the thrill, but it made him anxious at the same time.

 

narcissist <3

narcissist <3: this saturday, at the fountain?

 

And if you didn’t think Wonwoo’s heart wasn’t at its exploding point yet…

 

narcissist <3

narcissist <3: see you there x

 

“WHO THE HELL PUTS A KISS AT THE END OF A TEXT?!” Wonwoo freaks out, kicking his legs in the air and singing (Yelling) on the top of his lungs. “KIM MINGYU SERIOUSLY?!” He adds in frustration, picking up his phone to think of a reply for Mingyu.

 

narcissist <3

wonwoo: okay…^^

 

The older then throws his phone on the bed, starting to roll on the floor with his hands on his face, letting out a long and muffled groan, saying quiet curses to himself. The curious Jihoon picks up Wonwoo’s phone and starts to look through all of the texts.

 

Starting from whatever happened with Junhui, Jihoon keeps sliding his finger down and reads each text carefully, mumbling ‘I’m going to send that picture of Soonyoung to myself thanks Wonwoo’ at one point and then reaching to the end of the conversation.

 

He puts the phone beside him and looks back to Wonwoo, who’s still having a crisis in his own head. “Jeon Wonwoo all you put is an ‘Okay’? A FREAKING-OKAY?! AS IF IT WAS NOTHING?!”

 

“WELL WHAT DO I DO THEN?!”

 

“IT’S TOO LATE TO ASK THAT NOW — BUT OH MY HE ASKED YOU OUT!!!”

 

“I KNOW.”

 

Jihoon proceeds to take out his phone from his pocket and starts to tap quickly with his fingers, even Wonwoo couldn’t keep up with Jihoon’s rapid tapping.

 

“... What are you doing?” Wonwoo coughs, letting himself get back up again and sitting back on the bed, then picking up his phone and checking whether there were any cracks. Fortunately, there were none, so he looked back at Jihoon who was still typing.

 

“Texting Soonyoung about this. He needs to hear about this.” Jihoon replies, his gaze fixed on his phone. “And y’know, so that Soonyoung can tease Mingyu about this once he sees the message.”

 

Jihoon shrugs and Wonwoo plants a hand on his face, deeply sighing at Jihoon’s comment. The duo continue to stay quiet while the younger is doing his duties. After a while, Jihoon comments on something after he finishes reporting to Soonyoung about the great discovery, still staring down at his phone.

 

“Hey, uh, Soonyoung says to name your child after him. And while we’re all asking favours… Can I also be the godfather too-“

 

Wonwoo pushes Jihoon off the bed and yells. “JIHOON… YOU’RE AS BAD AS MINGYU!”

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

On the other side — While Wonwoo is still panicking about the upcoming Saturday, which was in two days when Mingyu asked — Mingyu runs to the convenience store the next day just to drag Minghao in the middle of working (Well, restocking the soy sauce bottles and cans of tuna) To get advice.

 

And it’s not like Minghao cared if he’d get in trouble for skipping work, he was waiting for someone to skip work with rather than by himself because it was apparently more fun than doing it alone. Weirdo.

 

They head straight to the skate park and one Mingyu and Minghao sit on the bench, Mingyu goes haywire and starts shooting all of these questions as if he’s rapping to the younger.

 

Blankly, Minghao blinks at Mingyu, trying to understand what he’s saying, but all he’s hearing is a bunch of slurred words he couldn’t understand. It only made sense when he heard Wonwoo’s name mentioned, because Minghao was present at the time Soonyoung was squealing and cheering Mingyu for finally asking Wonwoo out.

 

Yet, he was still confused, and second by second, Mingyu seemed like he was going to faint by the time he finished speaking. So Minghao whacks the taller’s mouth in order for him to shut up (Even though he knows it’ll make things worse) and proceeds to say the f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter