two;♩♩

Downpour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

•♩♩•
CHAPTER TWO

 

 

Just like that, three dusks and three dawns passed — Or if you're not poetic like our dear Kim Mingyu, two days passed.

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

"Do you think... I should get fifty-fifty bread... Or wholemeal bread?" Wonwoo asks, looking down at the two choices in his hand. Stood next to him, was a Jihoon with his resting face and his arms crossed, clearly looking at Jeon Wonwoo who's clearly ignoring him.

 

"Wonwoo." Jihoon spoke, "Literally two minutes ago, you were complaining about Mingyu and at least spoke as if you were writing an essay-"

 

The older sighs and looks down at Jihoon with sullen eyes, putting the fifty-fifty bread back on the shelf and the wholemeal bread in the shopping cart. "But am I wrong?" He says with a calm, but worrying tone. "Why did the teacher put me with Mingyu when he knows we don't get along?"

 

Then the duo continue walking down the isle to the dairy products. Jihoon comments, "Didn't you mention something about a duet while ranting?"

 

For a moment, Wonwoo stopped to think, and then nodded. "Yeah I did... I'm surprised you listened." And Jihoon shrugged, although Wonwoo didn't sound as bothered, Jihoon knew that Wonwoo was very unsatisfied and uncomfortable with this. He could just tell.

 

"I'm your friend, what do you expect? Of course I'll listen to your ongoing rants about Mingyu." Jihoon smiled a tiny bit, breaking his resting face, "You talk about Mingyu as if he was an ex."

 

Suddenly, Jihoon broke into a mess of giggles while Wonwoo's jaw literally dropped and he let go of the cart. He would fight back, but with nothing but Mingyu on his mind (In the negative way; Obviously), he couldn't think straight. And it was annoying him to his gut. Instead, the older kept on walking in silence while Jihoon was following next to him, running out of breath and stomach hurting like hell. That's when Wonwoo recalled his conversation after school in the teacher's office after being partnered with the narcissist.

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

"Sir, you have to understand..." Wonwoo, who was standing in front of his homeroom teacher, commented. "I don't get along with Mingyu well... Can't you switch partners? It'll better if I was with Jihoon and Mingyu was with Soon-"

 

Putting his papers down, the homeroom teacher swivelled from his chair and looked up at Wonwoo, "Wonwoo, I made this project for you to work with people you don't work with on an everyday basis... You and Jihoon have been friends for years, correct?" Wonwoo nodded, "It's time to be more open Wonwoo, I know what you're like."

 

The stood up male sighed, scratching his head. "I can't even talk to Mingyu...! He always leaves the room when I come in; We always get into arguments; For God's sake he'll just do everything opposite that I say!" He then slammed his hand on the table, suddenly realising how he's acting and that all of the other teachers were watching him. Ergo, he took a deep breath and said, "All I'm trying to say is... I have no idea what to do for the summer fair if Mingyu is paired with me..."

 

And soon, the teacher started smiling, "That's partially the reason why I wanted you two together. I want you to perform a duet together."

 

In Wonwoo's head, he's screaming 'No' in the loudest possible voice he can — But only comes out with a stuttering 'Sure' — Life sure is a pain in the , isn't it?

 

"Great! I'm looking forward to your performance."

 

"Y... Yeah..."

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

"Yah, Jeon Wonwoo!" Wonwoo clicked back to reality once Jihoon clicked his fingers at the older's face. "Are you okay? You blanked out while I was busy laughing..."

 

Replying to his question, Wonwoo nods and carries on walking down the isles with Jihoon, covering his mouth with his hand as he yawns.

 

"Aren't you partnered with Kwon Soonyoung?"

 

And the shorter replies with a straight up "Yes." With a firm nod.

 

"He's Mingyu's friend, isn't he..." Wonwoo's eyes shift down to the shopping cart, thinking deeply. He knows how Jihoon is: How the younger seemed to be content with everything, despite doing the things he even hated. 'Passive-agressive', more like. He looked again at Jihoon. "If you're uncomfortable with him... I'll convince the teacher to swap partners even though I've tried once-"

 

Jihoon oddly starts giggling again, and Wonwoo thinks it's some sort of fever he's getting. "It's okay Wonwoo... I know you care, but I think I can handle it. Trust me." And Jihoon carried on walking with that same smile stuck on his face, "C'mon, let's go get your sister's sundaes!"

 

"Well... That was a bit strange."

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

Left and right, up and down, the whole room was filled with nothing but pure banging of the drum deafening the human ear.

 

", , !" Mingyu, all sweaty and out of breath, screamed on the top of his lungs and threw his drumsticks to the other side

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter