eighteen; ♬ ♫♩♩♩

Downpour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

• ♬ ♫♩♩♩•
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

 

Wonwoo and Mingyu walk back to the assembly hall, which isn’t as crowded and busy as it was before. More people were exciting out of the room and the both of them felt that they could breathe again without being showered with compliments or have so many people around them.

 

On the other side of the room, they manage to see their stupid friends and Wonwoo’s sister accompanied by Wonwoo’s number one fan (His fan being Mingyu's mother, of course).

 

Mingyu feels his hand get lighter, and he looks down to see Wonwoo removing his hand from Mingyu’s, causing the younger to frown. He understands that if they’re seen together doing that, people will start to assume things, which are true, but hard to deal in the future.

 

“Let’s go there.” Mingyu points to where everyone else is while the older nods, starting to make their way to the other side of the room. As they’re walking, Mingyu quickly grabs Wonwoo’s hand into his. Wonwoo looks up with a puzzled look on his face. The taller then leans into the older’s ear and says, “You might get lost.”

 

Wonwoo’s lips curl at the comment, and when Mingyu pulls back, his curled lips turn into a smirk and his eyebrows raise up. “Smooth.” He replies, holding up their intertwined hands.

 

“Of course.” A wink shows up on Mingyu’s face.

 

“Yah! They’re over there!” Junhui yells, pointing at the duo walking nearer to them. Instantly, all of them start running to Wonwoo and Mingyu, jumping on them as they come in for a group hug. All of them laugh and try to move around so that everyone gets into the hug.

 

“OW, OW, OW MINGHAO YOU’RE NOT SUPPOSED TO TOUCH ME THERE-“

 

“YOU’RE THE ONE WHO HIT YOURSELF IN THE IDIOT.”

 

“WHERE’S JIHOON?! HE’S SO SHORT I CAN’T SEE HIM- FOUND HIM…”

 

“C’MON, THAT KICK WASN’T THAT HARD JUN — YOU’RE SO WEAK. PLUS YOU DESERVED IT! YOU CALLED ME SHORT.”

 

“THERE ISN’T A LIE IN THAT JIHOON.”

 

“ARE YOU ASKING FOR ANOTHER KICK?!”

 

“WONWOO! AISH, I CAN’T BREATHE!”

 

“SOONYOUNG!” Wonwoo exclaims, but his eyes suddenly widen. “GUYS I THINK WE’RE GOING TO FALL ON THE FLOOR-“

 

Thud — They all fell, causing a louder laugh from all of them.

 

“YAH MINGHAO YOU PIECE OF  YOU ACTUALLY HIT ME THERE THIS TIME.”

 

“You’re welcome!” Minghao smiles cheekily.

 

They all get up, rubbing their heads from the fall and trying to collect their breaths again —Mingyu and Junhui on the other hand, were trying to recover from the pain of being kicked and hit in the places were you’d probably expect it to be.

 

The older fixes his clothes and suddenly a pair of arms wrap around him. Surprised, he looks down and his eyes widen at Jeon Jiwoo. “Wonwoo! You did so well with Mingyu!” She says, with tears starting to form on her face.

 

Hesitantly, Wonwoo panics. He’s never seen his sister cry so much in happiness and he doesn’t know where to start. Quickly, he pulls down his sweater and uses that to wipe her tears and runny nose. “J...Jiwoo, don’t cry!” But saying that doesn’t help — She continues to cry.

 

“Ah, Mingyu!” Mingyu’s mother calls out, running towards her son and getting on her tiptoes to hug him.

 

“Mom?” The taller says in shock, “I thought you were working tonight-“

 

“I told them I was sick, but I just wanted to see you play tonight.” His mother winks, putting a finger up to her lips and giggles.

 

“You didn’t have to do that!”

 

“Uh, yes I did!” She punches her son on the arm, “You’re my son, right?! Of course I would want to see you shine on that stage.”

 

Mingyu’s cheeks start to feel warm. His mother then cups his face and caresses his cheeks, smiling brightly.

 

“My son did so well tonight! And he was so cool and handsome tonight too!” She then remembers something from earlier. “And you looked like you were crying earlier on! Gosh, why did you cry?” She pouts.

 

A small laugh escapes Mingyu’s lips and he plays with his mother’s hair, “It’s nothing, don’t worry.” He chuckles, before looking over to Wonwoo who was also looking at him, mouthing and pointing to his mother then to a crying Jiwoo. “And… I think Wonwoo needs help over there.” He points and laughs.

 

Mingyu’s Mother turns around and sees Jiwoo crying and runs to her, trying to comfort or cheer her up a bit. Wonwoo awkwardly walks away despite being the main criminal of making Jiwoo cry. Step by step, he gets closer to Mingyu and looks down at his sweater which was now wet with tears.

 

“Hey,” Lightly, Mingyu hits Wonwoo on the arm, “Why did you make Jiwoo cry? You’re so horrible.”

 

Offended, Wonwoo’s jaw drops. “What?! Stop being so mean, I didn’t make her cry!”

 

“Sure, keep telling yourself that.”

 

“Argh, you little-“

 

“Hey, let’s go eat somewhere tonight!” Soonyoung interrupts, hanging his arms around the duo’s shoulders.

 

The other three walk over and agree with him, patiently waiting for Mingyu’s and Wonwoo’s response.

 

“I mean,” Jihoon says, “This is a night to remember after all, right?” He smiles.

 

Wonwoo and Mingyu look over to each other for a few seconds, speaking with their eyes, and then look back, mirroring the smile Jihoon has on their face.

 

“Let’s go!” They say in unison.

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

All six of them (Jiwoo and Mingyu’s Mother didn’t go, since it was getting late for Jiwoo and she offered to look after her while all of them were out) Arrived at a regular K-BBQ place. And as you would see in a regular K-BBQ place, is very loud and crowded with people.

 

Luckily, they got to their table after thirty minutes of patient waiting — Although Jihoon was going to complain about how long they were waiting, but Minghao calmed him down — And sat down. 

 

They were all thankful that the spot where they were sat was actually nice — Right beside the window and underneath a bright light to take ‘Instagram-Worthy’ pictures, which was surprisingly far away from the loud part of the place, making it 20% easier to hear what they were saying to each other.

 

Soonyoung, being the main suggester of going to a K-BBQ place, took action and ordered for everyone. He knew everyone’s taste and styles of eating. It was surprising because Soonyoung is the most distracted out of all six of them. Nevertheless, Soonyoung continued to order and the five of them we’re quietly talking to each other.

 

I lied, they were yelling as loud as the loud part of the K-BBQ place were.

 

Mingyu, who was sat next to Soonyoung, heard him order a bottle of soju and the waiter happily walked off, laving the six of them to patiently wait. “Soon’,” Mingyu nudged Soonyoung’s arm, catching the older’s attention, “Did you just order a bottle of soju?”

 

“Yeah!”

 

“How?”

 

Soonyoung then pulled out a card from his pocket, “SeungCheol Hyung’s ID, I stole it during practice and I still have it.”

 

“Oh cool- Wait you stole his ID-“

 

“Shh!” Soonyoung hushes him. “The commandments said ‘Thou shall not steal’, but it never said ‘Thou shall not swap’.” A smirk paints his face. “So, I got the ID and exchanged it with a business card! I don’t think he noticed yet.”

 

“You are so stupid…” Mingyu lets out a short huff, putting a hand to his head. He then looks to his right, where Junhui was sat at, with Minghao sat in front of him — They were busy talking about something, but Mingyu didn’t know what since it was in Chinese rather than Korean. His eyes glance to Wonwoo, who was sat in front of Soonyoung and quietly talking to Jihoon.

 

Soonyoung’s eyes shifted to the taller and noticed he was looking at Wonwoo. Again, he smiles and he looks away, standing up from his seat and tapping Wonwoo on the shoulder. He looked up, causing the whole table to look as well.

 

“Wonwoo, can we switch? I need to talk to Jihoon about something.” He says with a look that you can’t trust. Wonwoo leans back in confusion, but he slowly bobs his head up and down, indicating a ‘Yes’.

 

Not long after, Wonwoo gets up and swaps place with Soonyoung, with Wonwoo now sat next to Mingyu and Soonyoung sat next to Jihoon. Minghao leans forward and turns his head to Soonyoung, which he mouths ‘Nice one’ To the older, but Mingyu and Wonwoo don’t notice.

 

“Move up a bit, I’m going to fall if you’re going to hoard all of the space.”

 

“That’s why I’m hoarding the space.” Mingyu sarcastically comment, but receives a flick on the head by Wonwoo, who doesn’t look satisfied.

 

Mingyu moves up on his seat, allowing Wonwoo to get more space. But it isn’t enough. The poor older looks like he’s still going to fall from where he’s sat. Once the older tried to get more comfortable, Mingyu shakes his head.

 

“Stop. You still look like you’re going to fall. Get up.” He demands and Wonwoo follows his order. Mingyu does the same, and Wonwoo automatically moves to the side for Mingyu to walk from his seat. Now the both of them are stood up awkwardly and Junhui can’t help to ask ‘What the are you two actually doing?’

 

“He has a point,” Wonwoo comments, crossing his arms as he looks over to Mingyu, “What are you doing-“

 

Mingyu raises his finger to the space next to Junhui. “Sit there.” Bluntly, he says and Wonwoo cautiously walks there, only following Mingyu’s words because he’s confused. The taller then takes a seat beside him, being the one who’s now going to be the one who falls.

 

Soon, the older’s eyes widen and he looks to Mingyu. With a flustered voice and face he says, “‘Gyu! You didn’t have to do that…”

 

Mingyu shrugs it off like it was nothing. “It’s better than you falling.”

 

‘But I already fell for you.’ Wonwoo thinks, scrunching his nose, but not saying it out loud.

 

“You weren’t like this to me Kim Mingyu I’m offended as your best friend.” Soonyoung glares and tilts his head the other way, trying to act dramatic. Jihoon hits Soonyoung on the head and Wonwoo tries to hold in his laughter while Mingyu forms a smile on his face but shrugs as his best friend’s comment.

 

“Aww, such a gentleman Mingyu!” Minghao points out and laughs, banging his hand on the table a couple of times.

 

A light tint red shows on Mingyu’s face, but he suddenly remembers something and stands up instantly, pointing back at Minghao. “YAH AND YOU NEVER TOLD ME YOU WERE GOING OUT WITH THIS BASTARD-“ Mingyu moves his pointed fing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter