fifteen; ♬♫

Downpour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

• ♬♫ •
CHAPTER FIFTEEN

 

Jihoon steps on a stool to reach up and pin the ends of a banner he couldn’t reach. Normally, he would ask Soonyoung to do all the work anyway — But this time he had two reasons why he couldn’t ask the older to things for him.

 

One, he was mad; Two, Jihoon is the one who does most of the work anyway.

 

Meanwhile, Soonyoung was busy blowing up the balloons with a pump, his arms getting tired for moving to quick. His breaths hitched as they quickened — He stopped to catch his breath. Jihoon know Soonyoung was lazy, but not this lazy.

 

The only downside to it was that none of them said a single word to each other, just making quick eye contact before one of them breaks the ’glancing contest’ (Says Soonyoung), making it a game for Soonyoung to keep staring at Jihoon until he looked away.

 

Although they rarely argue, Soonyoung still doesn’t know how to deal with Jihoon’s grumpy side. He would call the shorter cute, but that would only lead to an even more angrier Jihoon. And an angry Jihoon is a very bad sign.

 

However the bitter silence was getting to Soonyoung — He needed to talk to Jihoon. It was unimaginable for Soonyoung to see himself without Jihoon.

 

So as the shorter picks up a bag of balloons and tosses it to the older and turns around to hang up the next set of decorations, Soonyoung quietly whimpers and cups his cheeks with his hands.

 

“Jihoon- Hey… Are you still angry at me?” The older sticks his bottom lip out as Jihoon’s attention is caught by him.

 

In a softly faint voice, Jihoon mumbles, “I dunno, it’s not like you ditched me for Seokmin to go for karaoke…”

 

Soonyoung gets up from the squeaky chair he was sat on. “God, are you still mad about that? It was literally a couple of days ago!”

 

“Then you should’ve told me that you were busy! I had to give those movie tickets to Seungcheol hyung and that Jeonghan guy.” The younger then scoffs, “Wasted my money on nothing…”

 

“Ji’, Seokmin’s my friend! We just went to a karaoke place and we went to his friend’s party! I love parties!”

 

“Well I don’t. But I can tell you went to a party — Because I heard from a birdie that your friend Seokmin told you to take the whole bottle of soju in one go. One ing go.”

 

“But-“

 

“You vomited in a bush the next day you came to my ing house!”

 

“But-“

 

“‘But’ me one more ing time again Kwon Soonyoung and I’ll shove your head up your .”

 

Soonyoung shut up. Being called Kwon Soonyoung means Jihoon is truly pissed.

 

“Seokmin is so inappropriate!”

 

“No he isn’t!” Soonyoung tries to reason with the younger, “He’s totally mature!”

 

“Are you going to look at me in the eye and say that, Kwon Soonyoung?”

 

Soonyoung tries to look at Jihoon in the eye, but ends up breaking a smile and laughs. Meanwhile, the younger doesn’t look satisfied and stops his foot on the floor, catching the older’s attention.

 

“He’s inappropriate Soonyoung!”

 

“Yeah, but listen-“

 

“Do your ‘bro’s have with you? No? What the , c’mon Soon’!” Jihoon yells in frustration and sarcasm. He walks around in circles with his hands pulling on his light hair.

 

Soonyoung gulps and stares blankly as he feels cheeks get warmer. The two of them haven’t even got to that stage yet but Jihoon says it so casually. Instead, Soonyoung finds it a bit cute seeing Jihoon like that when he hears the younger mumble something along the lines of ‘Whatever, I’m going back to work…’

 

When Jihoon goes back to work, the older continues to watch him with admiration and a sparkle in his eye. Once the shorter is stood up on the chair and is on his tiptoes to reach a high spot he knows he can’t reach (But doesn’t want to ask Soonyoung because he doesn’t want to look weak), Soonyoung walks over to him and wraps his arms around the shorter’s figure.

 

He smiles, and Jihoon’s eyes expand as he feel’s the older’s grip tighten on his legs and lower torso. The younger starts stumble on his words and his face turns a bright red.

 

“Wh- Soonyoung? Soonyoung! Let go, I can’t move!” And Jihoon continues to squirm a lot, causing the two to fall on each other.

 

Even though Soonyoung’s head hits the floor pretty badly, and Jihoon hits his foot on the stool, they look at each other and start laughing. Jihoon was laughing happily and Soonyoung looks at him with eyes full of admiration. That was a sign that Jihoon had forgiven him.

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

The taller reaches for the box on the highest shelf, handing it to Wonwoo for him to put outside the door. Both of them work in pure silence.

 

Actually, it wasn’t pure, but very awkward.

 

Nonetheless, they carry on working. Even without communicating, they remember each other’s habits — Like how Mingyu always forgets to do something, and in this case he forgets to open the box, so Wonwoo has to open it with scissors, and how Wonwoo ends up with untied shoelaces, so Mingyu has to click his fingers and pin to the older’s shoes to tie them before he falls.

 

They work quietly, but they also work efficiently. Perks of working together for a Summer fair, isn’t it?

 

Soon, while Wonwoo is waiting for Mingyu to give him the next box, he starts thinking of Junhui’s overreacting moment when they were assigned partners just two hours ago.

 

To summarise, Junhui was complaining of how he’s literally the same height as Wonwoo to do the job and that he and Wonwoo weren’t in a pair. The reason from the teacher is because Mingyu is taller and Junhui would have to it up or else he’ll work with Mingyu instead. And both Mingyu and Junhui don’t want that.

 

(Note, it also ends with Junhui yelling, “WELL ING OKAY-“ Once the teacher leaves and Soonyoung covers the male’s mouth before he’s kicked out)

 

Continuing to work in silence, they tend to look at each other from time to time, stealing small glances while the other isn’t looking. Sounds cheesy like a drama, but they couldn’t say anything to each other, they didn’t know where to start.

 

Then Wonwoo walks over to a shelf to get a box (Because Mingyu was taking a hell of a long time to get a damn piece of cardboard). Unluckily for him, the shelf was high and Wonwoo had to get on his tiptoes and strech until the tips of his fingers could reach the box.

 

He feels his foot start to stiffen and hurt the more he stretches, causing the older to lose his balance. Suddenly, he feels a warm hand gently placed on his back which keeps his balance and Wonwoo turns around to see no other than Kim Mingyu.

 

“Be careful.” Mingyu says — It’s weird to hear his voice again after a while, it seemed to get a bit raspier.

 

He gets the box instead, gracefully getting it because of his blessed height (Unlike Wonwoo, who got the tall part down but the graceful part). Once Mingyu walks past the older, he pats his head. It’s vice versa this time.

 

Wonwoo feels his cheeks heat up, but he goes back to carrying boxes. One by one, they exit the room in under an hour. The both of them never thought to finish so early, it was a bit shocking.

 

However, the downside was that they would just go back to staying out of each other’s way until the fair arrives. How depressing.

 

“Hey princess.” Mingyu says while he’s leaning on the shelves and Wonwoo is sat on the floor like always, Wonwoo hasn’t heard that nickname in ages. “Wanna ditch this place to get drinks?” A smirk forms on his face.

 

Although Wonwoo tries to resist smiling, it appears on his face and walks up to Mingyu and lightly whacks Mingyu on the arm. “You know that because we’re done doesn’t mean we’re allowed to leave school.”

 

“But it also didn’t say we could go back to class-“

 

“Mingyu.”

 

“C’mon, it’ll be boring ditching school alone — You’re so boring Wonu’ — Let’s go!”

 

“Mingyu-“

 

“It won’t be that bad!”

 

Wonwoo face palms himself, “So stupid Kim Mingyu…”

 

“Good, I was trying to be like you anyway.”

 

“Shut up.” Hisses the older, “But I’ll go anyway.”

 

Mingyu gasps and covers his surprised expression with his hands, “Woah, are you sure this is Jeon Wonwoo? Are you sure he ditches school?! How daring of you!”

 

“I’ll just blame you if we get busted — The teachers know I wouldn’t lie.” Wonwoo gives a smirk and Mingyu stops his over the top gasp.

 

“Well that’s just ing rude.”

 

“You’re welcome-“

 

“Oh — We should go… Now!”

 

Mingyu looks left to right out of the door and grabs Wonwoo’s wrist, running and dragging Wonwoo as the teachers aren’t looking in their direction, heading straight out of the door into the hallway.

 

“BUT ‘GYU

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter