thirteen; ♬♩♩♩

Downpour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

•♬♩♩♩•
CHAPTER THIRTEEN

 

The quiet sound of the television and low plucking of the bass was the only thing to be heard. Mingyu sat down — Well, slouched — On his bed, not giving a care in the world of what was on the television despite it being . His phone was next to him, and next to that was a large pile of unfinished homework scattered everywhere.

 

From time to time, he glances at his phone. It’s been a while now and Mingyu has nothing interesting to do other than hang out with his friends (Soonyoung and Jihoon, obviously) and be the third wheel when they hang out.

 

Even worse, he becomes a second wheel when he’s just hanging out with one of them (With Minghao included).

 

Being curious, he picks up the television remote and turns the screen off — The dramatic yelling from the screen was annoying the tall male and was a bit too… Dramatic — Then he put his bass to the side of his bed as he sits up in a more comfortable position.

 

He holds his phone in one hand as the other ruffles his messy hair. Going onto his messages, he looks at all of his contacts before pressing the one on the bottom of the list: A contact he hasn’t messaged in a long while.

 

princess

mingyu: i miss you

[this message is not delivered. try again?]

 

Mingyu frowns, remembering that day clearly. But he can’t keep thinking about the past. ‘Maybe…’ He thinks, ‘Maybe he unblocked me…’ Therefore, he taps his fingers on the screen quickly and his hand hovers over the ‘send’ button.

 

It was supposed to be so easy… But why does it seem so difficult for him now?

 

princess

mingyu: hey

seen

 

“Yes!” Mingyu exclaims happily, accidentally hitting his head on the bed frame after being too happy at seeing the ’seen’ pop up quickly. His mother even asked why Mingyu was being so loud and happy, but the male cleared his throat and replied with, “It’s n-nothing!”

 

Then he looks back at his phone, seeing the three dots pop up, and his eyes widen at the sight. A sigh of relief escapes his lips.

 

princess

mingyu: hey

princess: oya

mingyu: whatcha doing?

princess: shopping…

princess: what else do you think?

princess: sorry… my connection is really bad right now

mingyu: mmm it’s ok

mingyu: are you doing ok? it’s been a while since we talked face to face

princess: i’m okay…

mingyu: i’m not okay | [deleted]

 

narcissist

wonwoo: i’m okay…

wonwoo: but… i don’t want to see you right now

[this message is not delivered. try again?]

seen

 

princess

princess: i’m okay…

mingyu: i really want to see you | [deleted]

mingyu: that’s good

princess: hey i have to go now

princess: i’m meeting up with Jun later so yeah

princess: and the wifi here is awful…

mingyu: oh

mingyu: ok

mingyu: see ya

seen

 

Mingyu put down his phone and covered his eyes with his hands, sighing as he tilted his head backwards. That did not go as he expected.

 

The conversation felt dry and empty, like there was no colour to the conversation — Or in other words, there was no more colour in them and between them.

 

“Ah… Seriously…”

 

Then two days after that, Mingyu receives another message. At first, he expected it was from Wonwoo, but instead, it was a different number he never saw before.

 

022-0464-3XXX

022-0464-3XXX: hey you okay? 

mingyu: who’s this…???

022-0464-3XXX: jihoon

mingyu: right

mingyu: yeah i’m alright

022-0464-3XXX: liar

022-0464-3XXX: you aren’t. you haven’t been yourself lately.

022-0464-3XXX: soonyoung even says you act like something’s up…

mingyu: i’m fine, got it?

mingyu: just leave me alone for a while

mingyu: if you hang out with soonyoung so much then you should know that i wanna be left alone.

 

[you have changed '022-0464-3XXX' to ‘short one’]

 

long man

long man: if you hang out with soonyoung so much then you should know that i wanna be left alone. 

jihoon: i… | [deleted]

jihoon: mingyu… i really want to help you know… | [deleted]

jihoon: okay

jihoon: bye

 

The tall male then slips his phone back into his pocket, groaning as he places his head on the table, banging it a couple of times. Suddenly, a voice says “Hey Mingyu is everything okay?” There they go with that stupid question again, Mingyu clenches his fist under the table in an attempt to not become hot-headed so easily.

 

“Minghao,” He says, his head still banging repetitively on the table, “I don’t even ing know anymore… Everything is so confusing.”

 

“It isn’t confusing.” The younger says while sipping the bubble tea in between his teeth. “It’s just complicated.” Mingyu sits in silence as Minghao waits for a reply, but knowing Mingyu, that isn’t going to happen. “I would joke around to get you to talk, but I'm concerned now.”

 

Although Minghao’s face turns stern, Mingyu continues to treat him with silence. “……”

 

“Wonwoo is acting like this too…” Comments the younger while Mingyu tries not to react to the mention of Wonwoo, “He blocked me for some reason. Mingyu what happened?”

 

“Nothing happened!” On his last straw, Mingyu banged his fist on the table, making it shake a bit. Minghao gave no reaction to the taller.

 

“Fine, be like that. I’ll just ask him in my own time…”

 

“Go ahead. Can we just stop talking about it now?”

 

“If you say so.”

 

“Thank you… God…”

 

“Whatever.”

 

Although Mingyu succeeded with getting off the topic of Wonwoo, Minghao acted really ‘y’ towards Mingyu for the rest of the day, which made the taller a bit mad too — He didn’t need another Junhui in his life already, one was already enough.

 

However, that anger was gradually let out too, which resulted in a big scene at the park. Let’s just say, Mingyu didn’t know how to deal with Minghaol along with keeping his mouth shut, and the both of them ended up with matching scars on their cheeks.

 

—♩—♪—♫—♬ —

 

History class is just the same: Get told some important notes by the teacher, recieve a textbook and some worksheets taken from the internet and work in partners like always. Lucky for Mingyu, he had Soonyoung sat next to him in his class.

 

What Mingyu didn’t know was Soonyoung was trying his best to make the younger happy or at least crack a small smile and nothing was working at all.

 

Instead, Soonyoung continued to talk about Jihoon to lift up Mingyu’s mood — But suddenly realised Jihoon only makes Soonyoung life up his mood.

 

“Soonyoung shut up.”

 

Mingyu coughs and puts his hand on his head as he continues to write.

 

His eyes look up to Soonyoung, who is also writing, but his face had changed into something Mingyu can class as ‘not good’ and went silent too.

 

“Oh Soonyoung please don’t take that literally-“ His voice changes and before he could continue, he shuts his mouth and looks away from the older quickly.

 

Soonyoung glances at Mingyu with widened eyes. And even though Mingyu doesn’t look back at him and continues to do the assigned task, Soonyoung’s mind starts wondering the more he looks at his best friend.

 

‘Mingyu… You haven’t been okay for the past few weeks… Man you’ve changed but I don’t know whether to like it or not… Why did you change? What exactly h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter