Chapter 75: It's Prom

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon and Tiffany were making their way back from Switzerland, but while TaeNy were rushing back to make it to the prom, Seohyun and Yoona had already fully prepared their outfits. If they were going to be honest, they spent most of the time doing their hair and makeup. Actually, putting the dresses on was the easiest part since they already knew the fit was perfect. Seohyun had advised that they prepare in advance since she was needed at the venue to oversee some of the set up. Other members of the student council were already there themselves and seemed to be having a problem with the music system. Seohyun couldn’t stop shaking at the thought that there wouldn’t be music for their prom, that would be disastrous. However, that wasn’t the only thing circulating within her brilliant mind, she knew what was ahead of them tonight. She knew what Taeyeon, Tiffany, Yoona and she would have to do this very night. To say she was scared was an understatement, she could barely even sleep the night before because of the terror that awaited her the following night. Only a day before Taeyeon had asked that she relax and spend time with the people she loved, but that day was over, relaxation was done, and the toughest magician of their time was about to transform their current world if they were to fail. That realization truly rattled her mind, what if they were to wake up tomorrow and be in a different world? What if… they were to fail tonight? During the time they faced off against Reaper and King’s army, they didn’t know what they were fighting for. The plot behind King’s plan was kept a secret to most of them until the very end, but now she knew what was at stake. The whole world truly rested on her shoulders. She couldn’t even protect herself against Mage 01 a few months ago, so how was she supposed to defend the world?

 

Yoona entered their living room after packing their other “outfits” that they would be using later that night. When she came across Seohyun sitting quietly in the living room, she noticed her sister nervously tapping against the coffee table. Besides that, her back was hunched, her fingers tapped violently and her right leg wouldn’t refrain from shaking. “Seo? What’s wrong? The sound system will be fine, if you really need help, I can speed read something about it on the internet and immediately know how to fix it.” Yoona said as she gestured a thumbs up.
“Yeah, thanks Yoong. Shouldn’t be that serious though.” Seohyun gave an empty smile towards Yoona’s direction.
“Aish, are you worried about your lace dress? It looks good Seo, no one’s going to say you look or whatever…”

“No, that’s not it Yoong.”

“Then what’s up? You’re not worried about tonight, are you?” Yoona wondered genuinely.

“The real question is, how are you not worried?” Seohyun questioned back.

“A fool wouldn’t be worried, but my faith in Taeyeon unnie and Tiffany unnie far surpasses my fear.” Yoona smiled and embraced her shivering sister.

“Seo, we’ll get through this. We’re going to save this world.” Yoona patted her back gently.

“And if we don’t? what if… what if we’re not strong enough?”

“Then we’ll be there to pick up the broken pieces. If we fail to save the world, you bet your we’re going to be there to fix it.” Yoona stated triumphantly. Seohyun couldn’t understand how Yoona had so much confidence about the upcoming events. But wherever that confidence had come from, it helped subside Seohyun’s fears for now. After all, if Yoona was going to risk it all for the battle ahead, then Seohyun would be right by her side. She may be afraid of the strength of her foes, but if it’s her sister’s life at risk, which is quite often due to Yoona’s reckless nature, she would do anything to save her. Their doorbell finally rang and Yonghwa and Seung-gi had arrived. As they both strut through the door way, both of the ladies noticed how slick they looked in their black suits, but seeing as Yoona had rarely seen Seung-gi out of his doctor’s scrubs, she was especially breathless. “Seohyun, you look fantastic!” Yonghwa stated.

“Aye, you saw me yesterday. I look the same.” Seohyun said modestly.

“Not with the fancy hair and makeup though, you really look gorgeous tonight.” Yonghwa reaffirmed. Yonghwa and Seohyun couldn’t help but notice the silence between the other couple. At least the silence wasn’t awkwardness, the two were only silent because they were blown away by the sight before them. Seung-gi couldn’t believe his eyes at this moment, Yoona looked magnificent in her white lace dress. The dress was truly a perfect for her figure and Seung-gi tried her best not to let his eyes wondered to her flawless hips. Yoona, on the other hand, was also speechless about the entire meeting, she knew Seung-gi was a handsome guy, there wasn’t a doubt about that. But to finally see him in something aside from blue doctor’s apparel was a blessing. His shoulders were well cut, his jawline was sharp and Yoona could only imagine what lied beneath that buttoned shirt. Most likely perfect abs… “You guys want a room?” Seohyun said jokingly. Yonghwa and Seohyun both shared a laugh while the speechless pair became the crimson pair with their deep red expressions. “Yoona.” Seung-gi slowly said.

“Yeah?” Yoona asked shyly. Seung-gi slowly revealed a plastic box that he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter