Chapter 73: Final Moments of Peace (Part 2)

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon had just called the Im sisters and explained the situation right after Sunny and Yuri had called. Of course, the two showed a lot of concern when they heard the term “end of the world” is coming soon, but once they saw how calm Taeyeon and Tiffany were about the situation, the two also calmed down slightly. They had faith in their leaders and if they wanted them to spend their few hours of peace with loved ones, that’s exactly what they were going to do. Yoona and Seohyun didn’t have any immediate family besides each other anyway, so the plan was to simply spend it together. They had a little over twenty-four hours to enjoy themselves before they would need to save the world for the second time, so what better way to spend it then at the mall.

 

It just so happened that their prom would be on the same night as the doomsday, but they were much more stressed about their dresses, makeup, and shoes than the imminent end of days on the horizon. They had managed to put a few dresses on hold at the dress store, but they had yet to make a final decision on which one they would purchase. Seohyun had three dresses in mind and all of which varied quite heavily on style and design. One of the dresses Seohyun was eyeing was a black laced dress, that that appeared to be very revealing, except it wasn’t actually revealing anything at all because it had a skin toned material inside. Another dress she was thinking of was a rose red dress with a sparkly sequins pattern going down from the chest to the skirt. This one was a lot less ‘revealing’ but nevertheless was beautiful. And finally, her last dress choice was a simple red velvet gown with one long gap starting from the mid-thigh section of the dress to showcase for her perfect legs. She had multiple options, but deciding on only one seemed impossible.

 

Yoona, on the other hand, had only one dress for her choice, but she also struggled to conclude whether her choice was too revealing or not. Her one option was a skin-tight white lace dress that displayed all of her phenomenal curves perfectly. Seohyun kept assuring her it was a fine choice, but Yoona felt somewhat shy about being so revealing about her figure. This dress honestly left little to the imagination when it came to her curvaceous body. She was definitely a confident girl when it came to certain things like sports, physical exercise and such to maintain her body, but when it came to how good she looks in a dress, she always had her insecurities. So much so that she rarely ever wears a skirt, she always found them so risky. What if a strong dust of wind were to appear suddenly? How would she protect herself? These concerns always drifted through Yoona’s mind. She put on the dress for the third time that day and faced Seohyun, whom was still eyeing all three of her options and had yet to try any of them on. “How is it? Is my too big??” Yoona asked.

“Ugh, it looks the same as the two other times you wore it, for heaven’s sake Yoong, pick that one.” Seohyun blurted out.

“But, really, doesn’t my just look huge in this dress??” Yoona questioned once more.

“Yah! It’s perfectly fine, if anything, people will be jealous because of how amazing you look in that dress. Honestly, it’s a perfect fit for you. White is so pure and angelic, but that also shows off your y, confident side. It’s honestly a win-win situation.” Seohyun laughed.

“If you’re trying to sell this, you’re not making a good argument here.” Yoona frowned.

“Come on Yoong, it’s a great dress. Honestly, you should get it, no one else can pull that off besides you. Your body is like, made for that dress.” Seohyun emphasized this time, to make sure Yoona learned how serious she was about the decision for picking that dress.

“What about you? Get the black laced one and we can be laced twinnies” Yoona smiled.

“I don’t know Yoong, Yonghwa is gonna wear a black suit, it would be a bit dark if we both wore black don’t you think?” Seohyun questioned while touching her chin to help her thought.

“Oh !!” Yoona shouted, causing everyone in the shop to turn towards her.
“Sorry.” She shyly bowed to everyone as an apology.
“What happened to you?” Seohyun questioned.

“Seung-gi, I didn’t ask him if he wanted to be my date. We’re allowed to bring people outside of school, right?” Yoona questioned to her sister.

“Um, I believe so, but bringing in someone older might get the teachers worried.” Seohyun explained.

“Oh, true… Maybe I shouldn’t ask.” Yoona frowned. Seohyun could see that Yoona honestly wanted to bring him along, so being the powerful student president that she was, she made an executive decision. “Nah, screw it Yoong, the teachers know us, and we wouldn’t do anything stupid. Ask him and bring him along. If he has the time, of course.” Seohyun said.

“Okay, I’ll give him a ring now.” Yoona smiled uncontrollably, just like a little girl who received a new toy. Yoona quickly jumped back into the changing room and gave Seung-gi a call, it had been quite a while since they had coffee together that one time Sunny had told her to leave the apartment and she was worried that her lack of communication since then might have pushed him away or sent signals that she wasn’t interested. This, of course, wasn’t true at all, she was extremely interested. He was charming, funny and supportive even though they didn’t know each other very well. Yoona could honestly tell that he was a great guy and didn’t want this opportunity to slip away. The phone continued to ring but she had yet to get an answer. Voicemail arrived, and a tiny frown was also appearing on Yoona’s face. “What did he say??” Seohyun asked through the velvet curtain that separated her from her sister. Yoona didn’t respond, instead, she tried calling one more time in hopes he merely missed the first call. In continued to ring just like the first call and also like the first call, he didn’t pick up the phone. Yoona’s frown from the previous disappointing call had now turned into a single tear of hopelessness. She lightly smacked her own head for not calling nor texting him since the last time they had met. “Pabo! Why are you so fast at everything except calling back to a guy, Yoong??” she scolded herself.

“Yoong? Is everything okay?” Seohyun asked slowly after hearing the sudden smack sound.

“Uh, yeah, yeah. Everything’s fine, I think he’s just busy right now, you know, doctors always busy. I’ll just give him a ring later on.” Yoona lied as she exited the changing room.

“Oh, okay. You’re still getting that dress, right? Umm, what happened to your forehead? It’s all red.” Seohyun questioned.

“Yeah, I think it does suit me the best. Oh, it’s just getting a bit hot in the dress…” Yoona lied once more.

“I agree, you’re getting really, really hot in that dress. Especially because of your fantastic behind.” Seohyun laughed.

“Yah! Stop being a !” Yoona returned the laugh.

 

It was now Seohyun’s turn to try on her dresses. While Yoona was in the dressing room presumably calling Seung-gi, Seohyun had been texting Yonghwa and informed him that she was trying out dresses for their prom. He was honestly surprised by this fact since Seohyun was always prepared for everything in advance and rarely every left preparation to the last minute. Nevertheless, being that kind of boyfriend, that he was, he would do anything he could do to help Seohyun out with the prom preparations. Besides, he had already finished his shopping, so coordinating with Seohyun would be a lot easier since he could show her what the suit looks like. Yonghwa decided to go with a very simple and classic combo of black suit and white dress shirt, but even though this was a basic combo, he still looked classy as . He found his way to the store and saw Yoona patiently waiting for her sister to come out from the dressing room. He made his way over to her to greet her, but he could tell she had a lot on her mind since she didn’t even notice he was right in front of her. “Yoona? Hello?” he asked once again, this time slowly waving his had in front of her face to grab her attention. Yoona suddenly felt his presence and looked up and almost yelled in surprise. “Yong…” She gasped before Yonghwa managed to cup his hands in front of to keep her quiet. He let go of her and put his index finger upon his own lips to signal he wanted to surprise Seohyun with his arrival. Yoona nodded to signal she understood the situation, but that didn’t stop Seohyun from questioning the sudden outburst Yoona had earlier. “Yoong? What did you say?” Seohyun asked.

“Oh, nothing. Was just playing a game on my phone, you know how seriously I take those games sometimes.” Yoona laughed awkwardly.

“Yeah, I know. Try not to break your phone this time, Sunny won’t be buying you a new one if you smash it just like last time.” Seohyun reminded. Yoona’s attention had now returned to Yonghwa and she gestured for him to lean in closer, so they could keep their conversation as quiet as possible. “What are you doing here?” Yoona questioned.

“Seohyun told me you guys were still prom shopping, so I thought I’d come and give a guy’s perspective on anything, it always helps to have another perspective on things.” Yonghwa laughed.

“Oh wow, thanks so much. Seohyun has been looking at the same three dresses for over two hours now, while I just decided on which one I wanted. Waiting for her to make the final decision is aging me, look, a wrinkle is beginning to form.” Yoona joked.

“No worries, she’s probably trying to pick the perfect dress, so we fit well together. You know Seo, always wants perfection.”

“You’re definitely not wrong there. There’s this beautiful black dress, but she doesn’t want it simply because you’re wearing black too. She’s too much sometimes.” Yoona smiled while glancing over at the dressing room. Her sister was indeed a perfectionist, which at times wasn’t a particularly good trait. “I don’t mean to intrude, but you seemed quite distracted when I came in. is everything okay?” Yonghwa asked.

“Me? Distracted? No, no, I was just… umm, thinking.” Yoona lied once again. Yonghwa could tell something was up with Yoona, but obviously, it wasn’t his place to pry. However, that wouldn’t stop him from informing Seohyun who would have a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter