Chapter 68: She's Indestructible, But Not Invincible

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon stood perfectly still, waiting for her friends to make the first move. There was no doubt that if they wanted to beat her, the only chance they had would be to go at their strongest from the very beginning. Yoona immediately started to sprint around the bunker, trying her best to reach her top speed and maybe push past her own boundaries. While she did so, she also traned some of the rubble caused by Taeyeon’s tremors to steel, so Seohyun would have something to fight with. Seohyun may have been out of the team practice sessions for a while, but it didn’t stop her from learning a few new tricks as well. She had learned how to levitate herself by focusing on her clothes and from there she could fly all across the bunker with ease. Tiffany had already summoned her noble steed, Cherry by her side, and tried her best to figure out the best point of action to deal with Taeyeon and her newfound strength. “Do you think a barrage of attacks would work? Using brute force to take down Tae?” Tiffany questioned Cherry.

“Hmm, from what I can tell, those arms are near indestructible, a barrage of attacks would only serve as a distraction,” Cherry answered.

“That’s a good start then. Yoona! Seohyun! Throw everything you got at Taeyeon and wait for my signal. You ready Cherry?” Tiffany asked.

“Always.” Cherry positioned herself right in front of Taeyeon and released her intensely pink unicorn beam from her horn. This beam made direct impact with Taeyeon’s arms, but just like Cherry had said, they were damn near indestructible. Even a direct hit from Tiffany’s king conjure attack couldn’t leave a mark. At the same time, Yoona believed she found a blind spot on Taeyeon and released a focused blast of blue lightning directly into her back. However, Taeyeon’s wings had a mind of their own thanks to the phoenix soul and they protected her back from all of the lightning damage. With Taeyeon’s back and front occupied, Seohyun knew this was the best time for an aerial attack. She lifted all the tonnes of steel from the ground and them as hard as she could towards Taeyeon. Without even moving a finger, Taeyeon was able to conjure a shield above herself to prepare for the barrage of metal coming her way, however, this wasn’t the plan at all. “Yoona, NOW!” Tiffany screamed and in an instant, the solid metal had melted and completely engulfed Taeyeon. Yoona then quickly cooled the air surrounding Taeyeon by slowing down the rate of movement of the particles and Taeyeon had become a solid metal sculpture. “Did… did that really work?” Yoona questioned. Tiffany wasn’t convinced, it was possible that they caught Taeyeon off guard with such a random strategy, but for her to go down this easily wasn’t possible. She was right. The metal around Taeyeon’s wings began to melt even faster than when Yoona had changed its state of matter and once the wings were released, they exerted a fiery heatwave around the entire bunker. This heatwave was much more intense than Taeyeon had ever created beforehand and Yoona could tell the other two weren’t prepared for it. She zoomed around the room and collected both Tiffany and Seohyun and protected them by creating an extremely cool atmosphere to negate the heat. “Thanks, Yoong.” Seohyun smiled.

“No worries.” Yoona laughed.

“This is a lot of fun, Taeyeon’s so damn strong.” Yoona admired.

“Yeah, she really is. You know what else is strong?” Tiffany suggested. From that, they knew what the next strategy was and prepared accordingly. Yoona created gigantic diamond fists for Seohyun to control once more and these fists had for protruding spikes on each knuckle. If Taeyeon could destroy steel with ease, their only hope was to go straight for the strongest piece of matter they knew of. Seohyun sent the giant diamond hurtling towards Taeyeon and without any hesitation, Taeyeon merely held her hand out as if she was a traffic conductor. “Really?” Tiffany wondered. Could she really stop a giant diamond with her dragon scaled arms? The answer was obviously yes. The diamond slammed into Taeyeon’s hand and instead of Taeyeon struggling to oppose the diamond, the diamond fist cracked into a million pieces. “What the hell?? Was King this strong?” Tiffany questioned.

“Indeed, King’s power was this strong Sakura, but in the hands of Taeyeon, a mage who has embraced the help of her souls, the strength of the arms have exponentially grown,” Cherry explained.

 

“This feels amazing. You two are so powerful.” Taeyeon said to her two souls.

“Thanks for the praise Taeyeon, but it is you who should be praised. We’re just the power source, but a power source is useless without a vessel to charge. You are the true marvel here.” The two souls send in perfect sync.

“Aww, thanks. How about we just settle with, we all make a great team?” Taeyeon smiled.

“Damn straight we do.” The two souls agreed. Taeyeon returned to the battle and realized she was seeing double, no, quadruples of everything. “What’s going on?” Taeyeon wondered.

“It seems they’ve encapsulated you in the diamond fragments you created,” Phoenix explained.

“I can’t make enough heat to melt this, well, I could but I don’t want to destroy the entire building,” Taeyeon explained.

“No need to melt it down this time. I’ll help you out.” Dragon offered.

“Sure, what’s the plan?”

“You can feel your hands, the diamond isn’t a perfect mold like the molten steel was. That’s enough space to clench, and these fists can crush diamonds with no effort.” Dragon explained.

“Ah, alright. Let’s do this.” Taeyeon clenched her fist as hard as she could and just like Dr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter