Chapter 67: Ascending to the Next Level

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Although Mage 01 had managed to manipulate Irene into swearing her life away, he was still in Elder Cosmic’s crosshairs to be the sacrificial lamb. He needed Taeyeon, but how would he lure her in? Especially now with a telepath on their side. Hiding his true plan may be difficult if she decides to show up every single time they battle. Another problem was, Elder Cosmic had yet to even realize that Taeyeon was indeed her heir and Mage 01 would have to allow her to discover that fact on her own. Since he had found this information from King, it would reveal that Mage 01’s loyal isn’t as strong as she’d believe it to be and may even kill him for his momentary betrayal. Elder Cosmic Suddenly burst through door wondering where Irene had disappeared to. “What is she doing here? She should be practicing her magic and so we can begin the ritual as soon as possible.” Elder Cosmic questioned. Mage 01 looked over at Irene’s black face and a brilliant idea rushed into his devious head. He no longer needed Taeyeon to be sacrificed, if his plan was to take the wish for himself, he should focus on getting Irene to be the lamb for their ritual.

“My apologies Elder, I saw how advanced her magic use was in comparison to the others and decided that she didn’t need to train.” Mage 01 began to explain.

“And what gives you the authority to say whether she’s strong enough or not? You know nothing about measuring the strength of a true mage.” Elder Cosmic laughed.

“Something intrigued me. Look at her Elder, her facial features, doesn’t she look familiar?” Mage 01 questioned. Elder Cosmic gave a long look at Irene’s facial structure and did seem to nod her head every now and then. “Yes, something definitely seems quite familiar about her face. But what’s your point?” Elder Cosmic asked.
“Elder, she… she’s your heir. Daughter of your great, great, great, great, great…” Mage 01 rambled.

“I get it! However, she can’t possibly be my heir, Kim never had a child and if he did, King would have dealt with them.

“King lies Elder. He only managed to kill Kim, the rest of his family that he had formed in his disappearance from the cult, escaped. She truly is your heir. Like you always say Elder, There is something truly special about New York and magical beings are always drawn together here.” Mage 01 lied. Mage 01 had seen the similarities between Irene and Taeyeon through the visuals that King had shown in his memories. They weren’t identical, but given the fact, Elder Cosmic doesn’t even know she has an heir, she wouldn’t doubt a thing. “Apart from her physical appearance, how do you know so confidently that she is indeed my heir?” Elder questioned.

“Do you really need to ask that Elder? Or have you forgotten my ability as a mind reader? I’ve seen it, all of it within her head. Her early memories of her father and then her later memories without one. There is not a doubt in my mind that she is your heir Elder. She can be the sacrifice now and together we will rule this new era of magicians!!” Mage 01 yelled. Elder Cosmic seemed hesitant to agree, but she slowly nodded her head and left the room to Mage 01. She walked down the hall wondering what she should do. “My lineage lives on? Do I dare kill my last living relative? She is so blank and innocent, she can be rebuilt into my image and be what her father failed to be. So the question is, do I choose to rule with her by my side, or mage 01?” Elder questioned.

 

*Meanwhile at Sunri’s apartment*

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany were still completely on the couch as they woke up the next day. They were so thankful for the fact that the covers they hid behind had remained in the exact place it had been prior to them sleeping. “Yah! Fany-ah, we need to get our clothes.” Taeyeon said in a panic.

“, I don’t even know where I threw mine. I tossed them before you even came in, where the did they go?” Tiffany wondered.

“Don’t worry, I’ll get my clothes on, rush over to our room and get you some spare clothes so you can walk around and find your other clothes. See you in a bit.” Taeyeon gave Tiffany a quick peck on the cheek before rushing off the couch with unbelievable speed. Tiffany would have just agreed that this situation demanded their highest speeds, but something about Taeyeon was faster than usual. Taeyeon returned with a white t-shirt, a set of lingerie and a blue pair of jeans for Tiffany, but for some reason, she was completely topless still and only just beginning to put a bra on. “TaeTae why’d you only get me clothes when you clearly need them too?” Tiffany laughed.

“I forgot, my mind doesn’t work well in the mornings.” She scratched her head in confusion.

“Can you help me with my bra I can’t seem to latch it properly?” Taeyeon asked Tiffany.

“Sure thing. Turn aro… WHAT THE !????” Tiffany screamed. With that wailing noise, Sunny and Hyoyeon emerged from their slumber and as if the timing was just completely against Taeyeon right now, Yuri had also returned from her kickboxing match and entered right through the front door. Half Taeyeon was now standing awkwardly trying her best to hold her bra up to her chest while she gave Tiffany a death stare for failing to latch her bra. “What the hell is wrong with you Fany??” Taeyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter