Chapter 60: Everything Will Be Fine Sunny

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon entered the room to see Sunny burying her face into her hands. She quickly ran over to see what was going on. “Hey, what’s wrong?” Taeyeon asked gently as her best friend was still hiding behind her shivering hands.

“I… I can’t do this Taeyeon. I’m not like you…” Sunny shook her head. Taeyeon was confused for a second since she didn’t realize that Sunny had just connected with Mage 01 again. So she comforted the girl with a gentle rub against her back. She didn’t have to understand why she was so upset to give her some comfort. “Yah, Sunny what happened? Explain so I can help you?” Taeyeon asked.

“You can’t, no one can. This power is a complete mystery, no one can control it. Not even me.” Sunny whimpered. Taeyeon could finally see what was going on, she could tell that Sunny was fearing the inevitable changes to her powers. Dealing with powers could definitely be daunting, but like the true friend she was, Taeyeon would do anything to help Sunny over this obstacle. “Sunny, you of all people have nothing to be scared of when it comes to having powers. You’re the smartest, most just and understanding human being I know. I have no doubt you’d be able to use your powers for the better.” Taeyeon reasoned.

“You don’t understand Taeyeon. This power can’t be controlled, I’ve had it all my life and I’ve never been able to use it when I want. It just happens, and ever since we met and it evolved further… it’s been even worse avoiding the all the lies from people. Even I had to lie, when I found out about Tiffany being Black Witch, I knew telling you would only make matters worse, so I forced myself to do the one thing I despise. These powers are changing me Taeyeon, how much longer can I cope, before they fully develop and I abuse them to get anything in the world?” Sunny questioned.

“Hey, hey calm down there Sunny. Look, all your worries and fears are valid for a regular person, but you, no you have nothing to worry about. When you lied to me, you did it to protect us both, you set aside your own moral code to help your best friends. Now, on paper that may sound terrible, but as a matter of fact, you simply cared for the both of us and you did the hardest thing you could just to make sure we would have a chance to rekindle our relationship. As for you becoming a dictator using your powers, I hope you do. Your heart and soul is so loving, that a dictator like you ruling this Earth may finally give us peace. I understand why you're scared Sunny, but you’re stronger than you believe, hell, you’re stronger than me. Where would I be without you? Probably dead, or behind a bars because of my reckless actions. Without you Sunny, I wouldn’t be the hero people look up to today, if New York should be thanking anyone for heroes it’s you.” Taeyeon explained. Sunny obviously knew Taeyeon meant everything she had said and there was no doubt that she was still worried about her powers. But, with a friend like Taeyeon by her side, she had nothing to worry about. Taeyeon truly did have a way of reaching into someone’s soul and inspiring them to do the right thing. Taeyeon had thanked Sunny for appearing in her life, but it should have been Sunny to do this. If Taeyeon had never appeared before her, she may have never given Yuri a second chance about lying about her love, she would have never made more friends and more importantly, she would still be running away from any human contact. Not only did she have Taeyeon, but she had an entire group filled with people she could trust and of all the moments in her life, she had never been this happy.


Sunny took a deep breath and wiped the dried tears from her eyes. She may still be scared about strengthening her arsenal of telepathic weaponry, but she knew as long as she had her friends, she would get through this without turning to the dark side. “You never take no for an answer when it comes to powers do you Tae? Whenever you see power you always try to grow your strength. Maybe you’re the real dictator here.” Sunny laughed.

“Well, if that’s true I guess my advisor is keeping me in check.” Taeyeon winked.

 

Yoona and Tiffany finally arrived back at the apartment, fully prepared to report back their findings, only to have Sunny ruin their fun by saying exactly everything that they had seen. “Yah Unnie! Why you do this? We spent all day there and you already knew anyway.” Yoona fake cried.

“Yeah Sunny, Yoona’s poor feet are so tired now,” Tiffany added to the exaggeration.

“Well, you guys won’t have to worry about scouting them anymore. I… I’ve decided to embrace my telepathic abilities.” Of all the people she expected to clap and celebrate, she didn’t think Yuri would be so excited about it. Yuri literally ran over to her and jumped straight into Sunny’s arms. “Yah! Why are you so excited about this?” Sunny asked while being squished into the couch by Yuri’s force.

“Because if you get better at mind reading, you’ll be able to picture all my lewd thoughts perfectly.” Yuri thought.

“Wow Yul, you’re such a .” Sunny laughed.

“This is going to be so much fun, I’m going to send you so many telepathic messages!!” Yuri winked.
“Or you could just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter