Chapter 59: Day at the Museum

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona rece more this time with Tiffany to Central Park to scout for Elder Cosmic and Mage 01. Taeyeon really wanted to come, but Sunny opted for her to stay at the apartment just in case another connection were to occur. So Yoona and Tiffany were currently scoping out the bench that Elder Cosmic and Mage 01 had sat upon a few days ago. Tiffany and Yoona had been sitting there for a few hours and nothing had happened yet, so Tiffany thought this was the best time to ask Yoona what was going on with Seohyun. “Yoona, how come Seo’s not with you? You guys are still fighting even now??” Tiffany asked surprisingly.

“Yeah, but somethings wrong. The Seohyun at home isn’t my sister, at least she’s not thinking like herse.” Yoona explained.

“What do you mean by that?” Tiffany asked curiously.

“Seo had always been a bookworm and loved to do school work. There’s no doubt about that, but when it came to helping people, she would do anything she could to assist. She knows what it’s like to be defenseless in this world. We both do, that’s why she agreed to help and become a hero before, but now she’s spouting some nonsense about it not meaning anything in the next few years. She said we need to think about our future and not about saving the entire world.” Yoona explained further.

“Oh my, that… that doesn’t sound like Seohyun at all. I mean we don’t know each other too well, but when we had first met she seemed always ready to help. Plus, you guys are top of your classes’ right? Of all people to be worried, I wouldn’t expect her to be.” Tiffany reasoned.

“Yeah there’s definitely something up with Seo and I’m going to find out what it is, but first we have company.” Yoona gestured over to the bench where Elder Cosmic and Mage 01 had just met. However, they didn’t stay there for long and began to enter the museum. “I knew it! There must be something in there that they need. Come on Unnie, we need to follow them in.” Yoona gestured.

Yoona and Tiffany slowly trailed the duo, making sure that they didn’t attract any unwanted attention. Lucky for them, they had dressed to the occasion with casual dark jackets, black caps, and black aviator shades. They were truly in the incognito mode. Yoona tried her best to listen in on their conversations and the good thing was, Elder Cosmic and Mage 01 didn’t even try to keep their evil plans a secret as they casually talked about the destruction of the world. “Elder, what are we doing here? What does this museum hold that is so important?” Mage 01 wondered.

“Mage 01 a few years ago one of King’s storage houses was raided by federal agents. Mainly for the drugs, but obviously when they had entered they had also found priceless, magical artifacts within his property. Because of the human’s naivety, they handed over the relics to the museums. If only they knew what power lied within their grasps, they would have already abused it for sure.” Elder Cosmic explained.

“So there’s an artifact here? That’s all I got from your explanation Elder.” Mage 01 said bluntly.

“Not just any artifact Mage 01, but a mystical lamp…”

“Genies? Are we summoning genies?” Mage 01 questioned.

“Yes and no Mage 01. You see, genies and divinities are one in the same, two sides of the same coin. They pretend to give ultimate power to the wisher, but truly they hold all the control. They will twist your words and turn your dreams into nightmares unless the proper ritual is done. Ahh, there it is.” Elder cosmic pointed at a mystical lamp displayed within the museum, however, this wasn’t just any mystical lamp. It was around the size of a four-door sedan, this lamp was absolutely massive. If something was indeed within that lamp, it wouldn’t be too surprising to see someone just pop out right now. “That, Mage 01, is the key to our future generation. Where everyone has become a mage and will serve me as the ultimate magician of our time!!” She yelled. Of course, people stared at her as if she had gone absolutely insane, but Yoona and Tiffany knew otherwise. She wasn’t insane, we as absolutely mad and if her plan goes well, they would have to say goodbye to the world they know and love. “So what do we do Elder? Just give it a little rub?” Mage 01 idiotically suggested.

“No you fool, this isn’t some sort of pathetic cartoon where summing a genie is as easy as rubbing the lamp. No, we must first gather some servants. The lamp requires a large ingestion of magical essence, in other words, we must focus spells into the funnel until the divinity has attained enough magic power to be awoken. Giving the fact that your powers aren’t technically magic, I cannot rely on you for this part of the ritual.” Elder Cosmic said bluntly. Mage 01 clenched his fist as Elder Cosmic had informed him of his lacking ability to assist in summoning the divinity. Mage 01 hated whenever anyone brought up the fact that he didn’t truly have magic abilities, it was his most shameful trait. That’s why his powers had always been shrouded in mystery within the cult, if anyone had known how his powers genuinely worked, he would no longer be feared but instead the punch line of all humor. However, this was the first time Yoona and Tiffany had ever heard of this fact and it was quite intriguing for them to hear. “Yoona, did she just say…” Tiffany drifted off.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter