Chapter 49: Battle Begins Part 2

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Reaper was tired of King’s games, he couldn’t hold it in any longer. If King wasn’t going to fight the upcoming threat that they had agreed to, Reaper would have to look for new hope. “DAMMIT KING! I’m tired of your games!! Hyoyeon, a woman by the name Elder Cosmic is coming. Here to New York City and I was foolish to believe that King would be my hope to stop her, but you and your friends… maybe my last hope.”

“Elder… Cosmic… as in…” Hyoyeon stuttered.

“The eldest of our generation, the supreme magician of our time. Yes, she approaches.” King finally admits with no string attached to his words.

“But… w… why? Why now? And what the hell does this have to do with Taeyeon’s father?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Well seems like Reaper has let the cat out of the bag and soon it’ll be too late anyway so I might as well explain. Have a seat, mate, this might take a while. As we all know I knew her father a long time before I decided to take his life…”

“Keep talking like that about my friend and a bullet will go through your stupid bald head!” Hyoyeon yelled as she lifted the gun back up.

“As I was saying, mate, I knew him and he was meant to be part of the Emerald Dragon cult because of his unbelievable talent, but unlike the rest of us, his views about relations between user and soul artifacts were completely different. So he ran away from the cult, but what intrigued me the most was, everyone who had ever been invited into the cult had always shared the same views. Never once was a pansy like him invited to join the cult based on magic skill alone…”

“I’m seriously warning you, King!”

“But that was it! He didn’t get invited In purely based on his skill, not even close. He had a special recommendation, from someone so powerful, anyone who decided to go against her will would certainly face a terrible demise. I’ll give you three guesses on who that would be.” King laughed sarcastically.

“Are you saying that Elder Cosmic herself nominated Taeyeon’s father to be her champion? Even if I were to believe you and your crazy story, why would she pick him?”  Hyoyeon questioned.

“I wondered that too for a while until I overheard a conversation between her and one of the masters who had been teaching at the time…”

 

*Flashback to 20 years ago*

“How’s his progress?” Elder Cosmic questioned.

“Well, Elder, the boy has many talents, particularly at using a variety of artifacts which we don’t condone here, but because we’re under your orders we’re letting him run freely…”

“And? What of it? Has he mastered anything yet??” She asked with a growing temper.

“Well, madam, he’s… run away…” King was eavesdropping on this entire conversation, the next he heard was a loud crash of a desk being destroyed or at least that’s what he assumed had just happened since he couldn’t actually see what was going on.

“RAN AWAY??? You let my only heir run!?!! I cannot allow my legacy to leave me. FIND HIM!!! If you fail, you head will be served to my on a silver platter, do you understand???” Elder Cosmic roared with fury.
“Of course… Elder.”

 

*Back to King’s hideout building*

“… So that’s it, he was her heir. But now…”

“Taeyeon is… is that why she’s coming? To retrieve Taeyeon to join her at her rightful spot?” Hyoyeon asked nervously.

“Well, if it were that simple mate do you really think I would be concerned? No, it’s not that simple, she may be coming here for Taeyeon, or she could be coming here to kill Reaper for betraying her and seeking me out to defeat her or the final possibility, she could be arriving her to strip the title of Northern Mage Supreme from me because of recent acts of treason against her. It could be one of those or a combination and the point is one of those odds puts my life at risk, so with that, my interest in defeating her went from zero to hundred percent. Obviously, I know I can’t defeat her without an army and that’s why I asked Reaper to create those blood relics for my army. Taeyeon is the last piece of the puzzle, when I take her stone, victory may finally be in the cards for me against the Elder.” It had all made sense now, King had been preparing for Elder Cosmic this entire time and not just Taeyeon. Hyoyeon still had a few questions let to seek answers out for though and hopefully either Reaper or King would be able to answer them properly. “Exactly how powerful is she?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Of all the people in the room, you should know the most about her power I presume,” King smirked.

“Me? Why me? I didn’t even know she was relatives to one of my best friends let alone what goddam artifact she uses.” Hyoyeon retorted.

“Artefacts. Plural mate and not just any artifacts either she has two pieces of the king staff. You know all about the king staff, don’t you? The runics ultimate weapon? Three individual wands that can be combined together to make a staff. Not to mention each wand contains a king soul like the dragon, phoenix and the unicorn.”

“Two??” Hyoyeon asked in shock.

“Yeah mate, you heard right, two. Not to mention she’s obviously mastered the king rune technique, unlike you because you're a mere peasant in comparison, she instantly summons runes without having to write each individual symbol and to make matters even worse than that, her runes can float and be pushed across the air whenever she pleases. Usual runics aren’t a worry to me at all because of how long it takes them to create their runes, but I’m not going to lie, your powers are unbelievably strong. You can create runes that heal and strengthen yourselves while also creating runes that hinder the opponent. Runes are a strong form of magic, but incredibly tedious to perform. However, with her ability to summon them instantaneously, she’s in the position to successfully use runes offensively. I can’t win against that without the other stone mate. So if you’ll excuse me I’m going to head back to my plan…” but before King could return to the window to peek over at Taeyeon and her friends, Hyoyeon finally released that bullet straight for King that she swore she would do. King easily deflected it with a green shield, but that was Hyoyeon’s plan all along. “Uh oh, is your location compromised now King? My bad.” Hyoyeon smiled.

 

Without a single delay from the moment King had activated his emerald green shield, Taeyeon came blasting through the window smashing King with her vibrant orange wings across the entire room. Tiffany slowly followed Taeyeon knowing that she had found King, but the two other members of the room were now the focus. “Hyoyeon? What are you doing here??” Taeyeon asked.

“I know the type of person you are Tae, the type of morals you have. You won’t make the final judgmeonfor King’s life, so I’m here to make that choice for you.” Hyoyeon admitted.

“What?? No way in hell am I going to let you kill someone, regardless if its King or anyone for that matter.” Taeyeon then moved on to the last figure who had been in the room and the anger with in Taeyeon had flashed along with the brightness of her wings. She had to force herself to level her fury before finally conversing with the “stranger”. “So, I’m guessing you’re Reaper?” Taeyeon asked bluntly.

“And if I am?” He asked. Taeyeon lunged forward to him and pinned him down securely against the ground.

“Whatever the hell you’re doing to those people right now, you need to stop it!! Innocent people are going to die!! Stop the enchantment!” Taeyeon demanded.

“Your threats are mea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter