Chapter 46: The Real Test

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Tiffany was informed they would be racing their horses to win ownership of Cherry Blossom, she was expecting a simple lap race, but she was completely wrong. Sakura placed her hand atop of Tiffany’s head and asked her to close her eyes and once she had reopened them, the room, well at this point you couldn’t even call it a room anymore. The surrounding walls were gone, replaced with boundless horizons and natural landscapes that displayed the harshest environments. On side of the area Tiffany could see a dark, ominous and dense forest, on another she could see a barren, searing hot desert and near there was a rugged mountain range. Wherever they were, it wasn’t a place on Earth, the climates made no sense at all, not to mention the geology, but that wasn’t important right now. It was clear that Tiffany was going to have a difficult race on their hands because Sakura wouldn’t take them to a place of varying ecosystems if she didn’t already plan to include every singly area as a part of their race. Sakura conjured a map that would track both Tiffany’s movement and her own while they traverse the various areas. The map was almost like a satellite navigation system you’d find in a car, except pink and it could float mid-air as the racer's horses galloped forth. “This map will guide you through the race, but in case you somehow lose focus on keeping the map conjured, pink beacons will be your targets, don’t miss any of these checkpoints. If you do, you’ll be forced to restart from your last checkpoint when you have passed a certain distance away.” Sakura explained.
“Aww, Sakura, you don’t have to be so nice to me. This is a competition after all.” Tiffany smiled.

“You think I’m being nice? The map isn’t just a kind gesture, it’s an essential. If you lose your focus and drop this map and can’t get it back, you have to follow the beacons and with places like that dense forest over there, it’ll be really difficult to see where these beacons are. I’m not going easy on you, don't be mistaken.” Sakura replied.

“You think that scares me? This is all in my head, I can't take actual damage here.” Tiffany retorted.

"Maybe not, but this isn't a dream either, this is the fine point between a dream and reality. In the Soul Realm you may not die, but you sure can feel pain." Sakura argued.

 

The made their way over to the starting area, the beach. From there, they would need to travel through a desert, forest, mountain range, jungle, savannah and finally back to the beach. It wasn’t going to be easy by any means by Tiffany believed in her horse, she knew as long as they persisted they wouldn’t fail any parts of this race. She was going to win this and capture ownership of that gorgeous unicorn, not only did she want it for its pristine beauty, she also knew that with the battle coming soon in New York, having her most powerful form of magic to back up Taeyeon would help exponentially with her support efforts. “I have to warn you Tiff, I’m not going to let you win. As a matter of fact, my entire purpose for existing in this realm is to make sure you don’t progress through this track and force you to concede.” Sakura warned one last time.

“Whatever, let’s get this show on the road.” Tiffany simply ignored Sakura and readied herself on her horse. She was too determined to care about Sakura's last warning, she just wanted to get out there and win this race. Sakura conjured a y race initiator to countdown the start of the race, unsurprisingly, the pink silhouette of the women was obviously copied from Taeyeon’s real body. Tiffany just loved the way her bodied curved in to her stomach and back out from her waist and don’t even let Tiffany start talking about those abs… “Ready?” the Taeyeon clone asked Sakura.

“Ready.” She responded.

“Ready?” Pink Taeyeon asked Tiffany.

“Anything for you.” Tiffany blew a kiss toward the Taeyeon clone and it appeared that the clone had blushed from the sweet gesture.

“Okay, 3, 2, 1… GO!!!!” Pink Taeyeon screamed in excitement.

Off they go, Tiffany was racing at full speed and had got an early distance against Sakura, but that’s only what she thought happened. Next thing she knew, a pink throwing start had narrowly missed her and her horse as she continued through the scattered beacons. She turned around for a brief second to witness Sakura once again conjure a throwing star and target her once more. “What the hell? Is she really trying to kill me???” Tiffany wondered. Sakura and Tiffany had now entered the first area of the race, the desert and Sakura’s attempts to take Tiffany out of the race permanently hadn’t ceased. If anything, they had increased slightly. Tiffany could tell that her horse was having major difficulty against this sand, while Cherry Blossom was simply sprinting across the desert mounds as if it were nothing. At this point, Sakura was pulling away and it meant that Tiffany wasn’t getting targeted anymore, but if she let the gap continue to extend, Sakura’s victory would be guaranteed. “Okay boy, I’ll help you out.” Tiffany conjured a flat, pink pathway for her horse to follow to make it easier to traverse and so she was beginning to catch up to Sakura once again. If Tiffany was going to be completely honest, the desert wasn’t that challenging at all. The only real challenge there was the uneven ground, but the upcoming section of the race wasn’t going to be the same story. The forest was dense with countless obstructions and if Tiffany wasn’t careful she might actually get lost in the forest. Tiffany’s main focus now as on the map, the map was going to be her only guide as the beacons of light couldn’t pierce through the dense foliage in front of her. Tiffany was so focused in navigating through the forest that she didn’t even notice that Sakura was now behind her shooting pink arrows from afar. Tiffany’s horse actually did get hit by one of these arrows and caused it to veer right into a tree. “Come on boy, you got this. Just keep moving, I’ll protect you no matter what.” Tiffany conjured a pink arrow to cover her horse’s back as it continued to move throughout the course.

 

There were countless times whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter