Chapter 36: TaeNy Reunited and it Feels So Good

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SURPRISE haha :D This is a surprise double update as a thank you for 10 upvotes and continuous support :) i hope you all enjoy the chapter even though it's quite short and don't be shy! leave some comments haha would love to talk to more of you readers out there <3

 

When Taeyeon arrived back from delivering the powerless elementalist at the police station, she was met with Sunny, Yuri and Hyoyeon staring at her she walked through the door. She was confused as to why the group was smiling so happily when she returned. “Guys, I wasn’t even gone that long, why are you all so happy to see me again?” Taeyeon laughed. The group remained silent and the odd silence was slowly beginning to creep Taeyeon out.

“Uhh, you guys okay? Where’s Black Witch by the way? Did she leave by herself?” Taeyeon asked.

“I’m here.” What Taeyeon didn’t realize because everyone’s creepy smiles distracted her, was that Tiffany was behind the door frame the entire time, just waiting for Taeyeon to return. As she announced her presence, she ran towards Taeyeon’s back and hugged her longingly. Taeyeon didn’t turn around after receiving the warm and comfy back hug. There was no need for her to turn around, she knew the back of the hands that wrapped around her waist as if they were her own, and she knew the feeling of that plump chest against her back as if it were a year and a half ago. There were no questions needed, for sure the person right now who was hugging her tightly, was none other than her adorable eye smiling princess, Tiffany Hwang. “Yah! Don’t lie to me, you’re not the Black Witch, you’re my Fany!!” Taeyeon finally turned around and did not hesitate to plant a deep kiss on Tiffany’s soft, red lips. “Yah get a room, you guys!!” Yuri laughed.

“Don’t… tempt… us…” Taeyeon said between kisses, as she desperately tried to regain her breath. Tiffany temporarily pulled away to explain how she honestly and truly was the Black Witch and the fact that neither of them acknowledged the other's secret identity was incredibly surprising, according to Sunny. “Yah! Not everyone can be a mind reader like you Sunny! I would have never known Tiffany had magical powers, just like she didn’t know about mine.” Taeyeon reasoned.

“Come on Tae, didn’t you ever notice the resemblance, even once? Or are you that oblivious?” Sunny retorted.

“Don’t blame Tae, Sunny, Black Witch was definitely not my usual personality. I understand why Taeyeon wouldn’t be able to recognize me from Black Witch, even I fell as if we were two completely different people at times. It’s a lot more surprising I couldn’t tell it was Taeyeon, given the fact her will to help others was the exact same, as well as her return to the city just so happened to coincide with Vermilion’s. I should have realized sooner.” Tiffany said embarrassingly.

“How about we focus on the important thing and that is Tiffany is back for good, and the darkness that Black Witch stored within her has left as well,” Yuri said.

“Wait, what? What does she mean by that?” Taeyeon wondered, looking to Tiffany for the answer.

“Well, the soul stone was mostly feeding on my dark memories, particularly of my grandmother. I allowed it to tap into that memory, which unveiled my magical potential, but in order to be freed of the darkness, I had to refuse the soul stone of that memory. So now, it won’t allow a connection, I have no artifact to be able to conjure with.” After hearing that, Taeyeon immediately looked over to Hyoyeon, who was subtly signaling not to say a word. Obviously, being the observant person that she was, Sunny easily caught on to the subtle gestures. “Don’t worry Fany-yah, we’ll find you another artifact. For the meantime, do you want to stay here with us? I don’t feel comfortable with you returning to down town without your powers.” Taeyeon explained.

“Sure I’ll stay here, Hani texted me and said that the diner is closed for renovation for the next couple of weeks. So if it’s not a burden…”

“Don’t you even think about saying you’re a burden Tiff, you’re welcome her as long as you want,” Yuri said.

“Yul, how about you show Tiffany around and to a room? It’s getting late so she probably needs time to set up for bed.” Sunny suggested. Yuri nodded and took Tiffany away to have a quick tour of the penthouse apartment. Once the best friends had left the living room, the last three seemed to have a lot to discuss. The move over to the secret lair and began discussing the current situation. “So you guys want to fill me in on that look you gave each other? Or am I going to have read your minds?” Sunny laughed.

“Hyoyeon has a stone… a perfect stone for Fany, but she shook her head against the idea?” Taeyeon questioned.

“It’s not that I’m against the idea, but the soul told me not to inform her about the stone just yet,” Hyoyeon explained.

“How come?” Taeyeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter