Chapter 34: The Second Manufacturing Plant

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona called up Taecyeon to arrange a plan that would attract Vermilion’s attention. Obviously, Taecyeon wasn’t given much detail about the plan in its entirety, but because it was for Yoona, he would whole heartedly agree to meet up with her. Seohyun was still on edge about this so called “plan” that Yoona has, mostly because she refused to disclose any sort of information that actually regarded the plan. Whenever Seohyun would ask her sister about it, all she would say was “Wait until we meet up with Taec,” or “Don’t worry I got this all sorted out I promise.” Given the fact that Seohyun knew exactly how Yoona thinks and reacts, she knew this plan was definitely going to be dangerous and would probably get them into huge trouble if they were to be caught by the wrong person. However, Seohyun also knew that when it came to her safety, Yoona would always prioritize Seo’s well-being, so that somewhat put her mind at ease for the mean time.

The Im sisters both waited for Taecyeon at Central Park, sitting on a bench fully clothed in trench coats and aviator glasses. The outfits were meant to disguise the duo and keep everything that was about to happen low key, but their suspicious outfits really weren’t doing them any favors. “Yoong, I don’t think these costumes are really helping us be incognito. Maybe at least one of us should take off the sunglasses and coat, preferably me.” Seohyun suggested.

“Hmm, maybe you’re right Seo, but don’t get too comfortable with that coat off, cause you’ll be wearing it again soon. On the other hand, where the hell is Taec? This is so urgent…” Yoona sighed impatiently. Taecyeon could now be seen dashing straight towards the two girls. He was completely out of breath by the time he caught up to them and was now grasping his chest from the lack of air. “Yah! What took you so damn long Taec! I told you this was important.” Yoona scolded.

“Sorry, I didn’t know if it was you guys on the bench so I kept looking around. I only knew it was you when Seo took off her coat.”

“Were you really that easily fooled???” Seohyun shockingly gasped.

“Told you the disguise worked Seohyun.” Yoona stuck her tongue out towards her younger sister.

“Anyway, let’s go over the plan, you brought the drugs with you right Taec?”

“Want to say that any louder Yoona? Geez.” Taec replied while handing over the bag of sparkly emerald green pills.

“So here’s the plan, Seo you’re going to pretend to be a dealer in the down town area. Taec will pretend to buy some from you and hopefully, that will attract Vermilion’s eye. She circles around that distract quite often during day and night, we just need to hope she’s patrolling today. Then she’ll attempt to stop you guys, but then I’ll come out of hiding and you, Seo, will take off your disguise and explain that we were trying to get her to notice. After that, we tell her the dangers at our school and we need her to join us in repelling the drugs out of the school halls and that’s the plan.” Yoona finished with a big smile.

“Sounds brilliant,” Taecyeon agreed to the plan, but Seohyun, on the other hand, was rather hesitant.

“This sounds really dangerous Yoongie, what if someone else actually tries to buy the drugs off me? I can’t just say yes otherwise that’ll make me a criminal and if I say no, who knows how sanely the people of down town can act. You sure this is safe?”

“Positive Seo, I’ll be nearby. You know I’ll always have your back, no need to worry.” Yoona said with a thumbs up.

 

The trio made their way to down town New York and the sun was beginning to set below the horizon. Soon it would get dark and down town, New York would feel even more dangerous than usual. Seohyun had a lot of faith in her sister’s ability to protect her, but she still had to keep in mind the mere fact that people within this district would most likely have a knife. at the very least. Hopefully Vermilion could arrive quickly, not just to help them prevent the drugs spreading further throughout the school, but to give Seohyun some piece of mind. Seohyun stood awkwardly in a dark alleyway, pretending to be a typical drug dealer on the down town streets. She looked around nervously to make sure no unwanted company was beginning to approach her. Yoona, Seohyun, and Taec were currently connected together via conference call on their phone, but even so, Seohyun nerves continued to escalate. “Yoong I’m scared, can you make Taec come sooner please,” Seohyun begged.

“Not yet, he has to walk out of this building to make it seem authentic,” Yoona said calmly.

“Yah! Does Vermilion care about authenticity? Just hurry up and get him here so at least I’m not alone.”

“I’m on my way, Seo,” Taecyeon assured. Taecyeon made his way over to the frightened Seohyun as casually as he could. He was used to how deals would occur, so he knew the best way to act a real scenario would be to act as calm as possible. He finally reached the shaking girl and slowly leaned in towards her ear. “You got the M&Ms?” Taecyeon whispered.

“The what? Oh… right…” Seohyun took her trembling hand and shoved it deep into her inner coat pocket to retrieve the baggie filled pills. She handed it straight over to Taec without even asking him for many.

“Yah! Seo, you’re supposed to make sure Taec has money before you just flash the drugs out like that.” Yoona whined.

“Sorry… I’m just really nervous.” And at that second Vermilion appeared before them, but she wasn’t alone. Black Witch had also made her appearance in front of the high schoolers. “You should be nervous selling drugs around these streets, otherwise I haven’t been doing my job very well.” Vermilion teased. Seoyhun breathed a sigh of relief seeing the familiar orange clad heroine and immediately stripped away her long coat and aviator glasses. Yoona jumped down from the top of the adjacent building and parkoured along the fire escape. Her movements were so fluent she made it down as if she simply fallen straight from the top to bottom. “Vermilion, this isn’t what it looks like. We just needed to get your attention!” Yoona shouted.

“Don’t worry kid, she knows, why do you think she hasn’t even drawn her bow yet?” Black Witch mocked.

“What is it you need from me Yoona?” Vermilion asked sincerely. This caused Yoona to blush uncontrollably and everyone, including Taecyeon, noticed her sudden change of expression. “We… we…” Yoona stuttered.

“We need your help clearing out the drug trails in our school. One of our close friends has already been hospitalized because of these drugs, you have to help us prevent any more from being severely injured.” Seohyun covered up for Yoona.

“I would be glad to help you, girls and guys, honestly, but unfortunately we’re also in a bit of a panic situation in regards to the drug trade. We need to prioritize eliminating current manufacturing plants before we attempt to eliminat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter