Chapter 27: Hyoyeon's Goal

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*While Taeyeon went to visit Tiffany*

 

Sunny and Yuri were both relieved to have Taeyeon out of the room. Don’t get the wrong idea, they loved the girl, but they just weren’t quite ready to discuss Tiffany’s dark secrets and the pressure to conceal this information from Taeyeon was already building. It was great to have Taeyeon out again for just a little while so they could further plan how they were going to hide Tiffany’s secret. Although Taeyeon was going to meet Tiffany now, they weren’t concerned about the meeting that was about to occur. They already knew that Tiffany would push her away, just like she had pushed away everyone else in her life after Taeyeon's departure. Even though Sunny knew Tiffany missed Taeyeon uncontrollably, the darkness within her was going to deny her of any happiness. Taeyeon was a strong girl though, she wouldn’t give up on so Tiffany easily, so Sunny and Yuri really had nothing to be worried about right now, at least that’s what they thought. Yuri finally realized there was a complete stranger in their house and they didn’t know anything about her. All they knew about Hyoyeon was that she mentored Taeyeon for the past year and a half and somehow managed to teach her king conjuration.

 

Even though Taeyeon obviously trusted her, Yuri didn’t like the thought of a complete stranger was in their house. Yuri was definitely a confrontational type of person, in other words, she wouldn't cower from a fight if necessary, but she didn’t want to offend Hyoyeon with any hostile attitudes, so it was probably best that Sunny dealt with the situation. “Yah Sunny, come here.” Yuri called her beautiful girlfriend into the room.

“What?” Sunny asked.

“What are we going to do about…” Yuri slowly nudged her head towards Hyoyeon’s direction. Unfortunately for Yuri, Hyoyeon wasn’t oblivious to Sunny and Yuri’s “secret” conference.

“Can you like read her mind or something so we can know more about her?” Yuri continued to whisper.

“You guys do know I can hear you right? This house is pretty silent and I lived in a cave for quite a while so little sounds are obvious to me.” Hyoyeon explained.

“Sorry… I just… want to know a bit more about you and I didn't know how to approach it.” Yuri said awkwardly.

“Since Taeyeon trusts you Hyoyeon, I won’t read your mind and invade your privacy. Instead you should tell us about yourself so that we can trust you just as much as Tae. Be warned though, if you do lie, I’ll know.” Sunny warned.

“Ahh, so you’re the one Taeyeon always talked about, the friend with the mind reading powers. Sorry Yuri, she didn’t mention you much, but you she did mention you at least once.” Hyoyeon assured. Before Yuri could reply, Sunny had already began her next sentence. “Anyway, come on Hyoyeon, tell us about yourself.”

“Alright! I’m always excited to talk about myself. I used to do it a lot in the cave.”

“To a friend?” Yuri suggested.

“Mostly to myself, just in case anyone ever randomly found my cave I would have a story prepared to tell them about myself. One time though, a pack of wolves did find my cave and I ended up telling them my stories…” Hyoyeon was about to continue her ramble, but Sunny was getting impatient.

“You know what, I take back what I said, and I’m just going to read you mind.”

“Oh, sorry.” Hyoyeon apologized and cleared .

“Okay, here goes. My name is Hyoyeon Kim, professional runic and artefact collector!” Hyoyeon said while saluting to the other two girls.

“A what? What’s a runic?” Sunny asked.

“Well, it seems like you guys have only been exposed to only one form of magic, like conjuration. But there’s actually four different types all together: conjuration, runic conjuration, elemental manipulation and finally possessive enchanting.” Hyoyeon explained.

“Ahh I see, so what does a runic do?” Yuri asked.

“Instead of just explaining, how about I demonstrate it?” Hyoyeon offered. The other two were quite worried about how this was going to turn out, but decided to just go with the flow. Hyoyeon grabbed her three feet long staff and began to write various symbols across the floor. Each time she moved her staff a lime green light would leave a mark against the ground. Each individual character she drew glowed with a lime green tone and something about these characters was somewhat soothing. After a few minutes, a perfect circle with various symbols in between. “Done, now who wants to walk in?” Hyoyeon said excitedly.

“Umm, what happens when we do?” Yuri asked slowly.

“Do you have any soreness, bruises or wounds?” Hyoyeon asked.

“I have a have sore legs?” Yuri replied.

“Then this will be good for you, I promise.” Hyoyeon gestured Yuri to enter the rune. Yuri and Sunny both looked at each other with worried expressions. Yuri reluctantly entered the lime green rune, but to her surprise it wasn’t some sort of dangerous trick, it was actually the most soothing feeling she had ever felt in her entire life. It was as if both her legs had been massaged back to perfect health and the soreness had all but disappeared. “OH MY GOD! THIS FEELS SO GOOD!!” Yuri was now ly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter