Chapter 26: UR... Why I'm in the Heartbreak Hotel (S2)

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even though it had been a year and a half since Taeyeon had been in New York, she remembered everything clearly. The busy streets, the overwhelming smells of hot dogs and coffee stands and most important her favourite McDonald’s. Taeyeon didn’t dare enter inside, she knew it would just lead to disappointment. Tiffany was no longer there, they would now need to meet at a different place, and that place was a dark, little diner in downtown New York. Taeyeon began to move away from their past meeting location, but just before she fully left the sight of that McDonald’s she turned around one last time to breathe it in. “I’m coming Fany, please wait for me just a little longer…” She sighed.

 

As she continued to travel further through downtown New York, it was evident this place was slightly more sinister than the uptown area. Taeyeon could sense all types of dangers around here, from crazy drug dealers to dangerous muggers, this place wasn’t fit to house a beautiful individual like Tiffany, Taeyeon thought. She was glad that Yuri and Sunny both kept a secret eye over Tiffany, because who knows what could happen to her here without anyone’s notice on these dangerous streets. Taeyeon continued to walk through the street when she heard an irritating group of men cat-calling her from across the street. “Hey, there y! Where you headed?” the group of men laughed together like a pack of hyenas hungry for meat, but Taeyeon didn’t dare stop here. She wasn’t scared of them at all, she just didn’t want to deal with their pathetic attitude towards the opposite . Taeyeon covered her face with her scarf so that just in case she needed to take her soul stone out to teach them a lesson, her face wouldn’t be recognised.

 

Because Taeyeon ignored the wild pack of thirsty men, they became pissed. “You think you’re too good for us eh!?” Immediately the group of brutish men rushed her and had her completely surrounded her on the dimly lit road. Only one street lamp was currently working on the road. “We’re talking to you ! So show some ing respect and answer us!” Shouted the leader of their pathetic guild of phony masculinity. Taeyeon was about to reply back, when out of nowhere, a dark haired female, clad in black leather jumped in between her and the savage group of men. “How about you shut your filthy ing mouth and leave this lady alone?” Said the black haired woman.

“Fine, we’ll just have some of your sweet then.” All five men lunged themselves at the black haired girl, but what happened next, not even Taeyeon saw coming. Familiar black streams of light burst from the female’s pocket and formed three black grizzly bears around the girl. The bears easily demolished the men, but their beatings were so brutal that the men were severely injured and bleeding profusely. “No need to thank me doll, I’m here all week.” The black haired girl said smoothly, just before she dashed off into the night.
“What the ? A Wyvern stone? Hey, are you guys okay?” Taeyeon tried to talk to the men worried that they were possibly killed by the brutal actions of the black, leather clad girl. All Taeyeon received were painful groans, although she wanted to teach these s a lesson, this punishment was far too extreme. She called and then waited for the police and the ambulance to treat the men, but to also make sure they were thrown behind bars for threatening and harassing Taeyeon.

 

The paramedics and the police force finally arrived to see the five men scattered on the floor and all were seriously bleeding out. “Um ma’am what the hell happened here? Looks like a bloody bear mauled these dudes.” The police man scoffed.

“Well, you wouldn’t be wrong, officer, one of those magic people showed up and she protected me and all, but she also viciously assaulted all the men.” The police officer could only shake his head at hearing her explanation.

“So the Black Witch was here eh? Ma’am for your own safety we want to you to your home. With that crazy vigilante out there, it’s not safe for you to be out here at night.”

“I understand your concern officer, but if she was going to hurt me she would have. Besides I’m only a few blocks away from a diner, if you’re really concerned officer I would appreciate the lift?” Taeyeon asked innocently.

“Of course ma’am.” Taeyeon hopped into the police car and they made their way over to the diner, but something was itchy at Taeyeon’s mind. Who was this Black Witch? Where did she come from? And what was her true goal? “Um, sir…”

“Just call me Siwon.”

“Ah, Siwon, do you know anything more about this Black Witch? Like apart from the fact she’s a vigilante?” Taeyeon asked curiously.

“Well, she hates cameras, that’s for sure. She’s almost become an urban legend around here, but everyone in downtown knows she’s real for sure. It’s just the people in the uptown who thinks we’re all just a bunch of crackheads and nut jobs hallucinating the whole thing. Also, She only ever hangs around at the downtown area, she only operates passed dusk and until dawn and although she’s quite violent to everyone, she’s particularly violent to offenders, ual harassers and murderers.” Siwon explained.

“What’s your opinion?” Taeyeon asked.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, do you really think she’s a threat?” Taeyeon asked slowly.

“Hm, clearly she is. As an upholder of the law, I have to say that.” Siwon laughed.

“But… I dunno. Sometimes I agree that these bastards, especially some of the child offenders she’s caught, deserve her ruthlessness, but then again that's not for me to decide. I'm neither the judge nor the jury, I'm merely the law enforcer. There’s a fine line between vigilantism and heroism, and I think she’s just tipping over to the wrong side.” Taeyeon could only nod at this statement because she knew exactly what he meant. There were many moments where she tried to reason with herself that killing King was the right thing to do for the name of justice, but in the end, no one on earth should be allowed to decide the fate of a life. Taeyeon can only hope to bring justice through the proper legal system, otherwise, what makes her any different to any other criminal. “You know what, I remember about a year ago, there was a real hero of New York. She was completely covered in orange clothes, was a terrible look, but she really started to give some hope for the city. It’s a real shame she left, I became a police officer just to help her out, but she’s been missing ever since last year.” Taeyeon couldn’t help but smile at Siwon, she was glad that the city didn’t quite forget her yet.

 

“Well, here’s the diner ma’am.”

“Call me Taeyeon.”

“Ahh, Taeyeon, watch out for yourself okay? If you feel worried in this area, trust your instinct and ring the police station again. Better safe than sorry. Well, see you around Taeyeon.” Taeyeon bid her farewell and left her right outside the diner.

“Omo, what am I going to say?? Why haven’t I even thought about this???” Taeyeon was beginning to worry about the events that were about to take place. Was Tiffany going to come running back into her arms, or will she simply push her away for being a terrible girlfriend? “I’m sorry I’ve been away for so long Fany-yah… but… I had to keep you safe… but now I’m ready.” Taeyeon said to herself. She waltzed through the door prepared to capture her loved one once more, but as soon as she laid eyes on Tiffany, she froze once more. Taeyeon quickly covered her face once more to prevent being seen by the eye smiling princess. She was currently serving a customer and giving them her signature eye smile. Taeyeon clenched her fist, she was completely jealous of that customer. She had missed that eye smile so much since her departure. Taeyeon found a nice seat at a booth on the other side of the diner, trying her best to hide from Tiffany until she was ready to speak to her. “Aish, what am I going to say? I have so many things to say… where would I begin?” Taeyeon suddenly felt the mood of the diner go quiet, as the music had been ceased. “Thank you for that performance Dasom. Who’s next up for the mic?” Hani said loudly.

“Come on Hani, get Tiffany on the mic, we love her voice!” Said one of the male customers.

“Ahh, she said she doesn’t feel like it tonight, right Tiff?” Hani asked from across the room.

“Yeah not tonight, I’m a little tired.”

“So who else is going to treat us with their voice tonight? Otherwise, I’m gonna have to take the mic.” The crowd jokingly booed instantly. The community in the room seemed very warm, although they all reside in the dangerous part of town, they all seemed to laugh together. Taeyeon slowly rose her hand, with her scarf still covering her face. “I’ll do it!” Taeyeon shouted with a muffled voice.

“Ahh thank you so much, just tell the band what you want to play and they’ll get started,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter