Chapter 1: Meet the Hero

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon had been sitting on the firm car seat for what seemed like hours now. Not even her favorite song, “Cover Up” by a very famous Korean artist, could save her from the continuous pins and needles that would hurt her little . “Ghost! How much longer til New York City? I don’t think my can take more of this ty car seat!” Taeyeon whined.

“Aye watch your mouth little lady. We’re almost there, just hold out a little longer would ya?” Ghost replied while laughing at Taeyeon’s sassy remark. That laugh soon faded though when he turned to see her serious pout appear. “Hey, what’s wrong Tae? The seats not that big of a deal right…”

“I don’t see why we had to move,” Taeyeon said, cutting ghost off.

“Tae you know as well as I do why we have to keep moving around, I have to keep you safe. It’s what your parents wanted.”

“Did they also ask you to never give me childhood? We move every three weeks! I don’t even have time to make any friends or see all the cool sites. It’s like they’re trying to hide me from the rest of the world. Were they ashamed of me? Is that why they just gave me away to you, so someone would actually give a about me?” Ghost looks through the rear view mirror as tears escape through the Tae’s big, brown eyes. “Eventually Tae you’ll understand why all of this is happening. For now though just try to enjoy yourself okay? Trust me when you learn the reason, you’d prefer this life.” Those words went straight out of Tae’s other ear. She was tired of hearing the same old excuse from Ghost, “Eventually you’ll Understand,” she mimicked silently. She always wondered why they always had to move, but Ghost would never answer her questions. So she decided once they had reached New York, that she would get to the bottom of everything he was hiding from her.

 

They finally arrived in New York, Taeyeon’s eyes widened at the side of the concrete jungle, filled with frantic pedestrians and lights so bright they outshined the stars in the night sky. “I’m definitely not moving from here.” She whispered, she had always been a city girl, the small town life was just too calm for her liking. After passing through the spectacular array of lights, their car had stopped on a dimly lit street, in front of a rundown apartment building. “You really know how to pick a good place, don’t you Ghost?” she said with sarcasm evident in her tone.

“Well, think about it this way. We won’t be her for long.” He retorted as he walked passed her carrying mountainous stacks of boxes.

 

After unloading all their stuff into the apartment, Taeyeon had picked her room, well actually she pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter