Chapter 11: TaeNy and SunRi's Double Date

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Because of the fortunate turn of events where SunRi fixed their relationship and TaeNy had started theirs, the date that was set for the Friday had been pushed forward to Tuesday. Both couples were extremely excited to hang out altogether, especially Yuri who had missed Sunny immensely during their time apart. Things were looking up for the couples, but Taeyeon still had many other problems to deal with.

 

That night she once again chose to stay the night at Sunny’s, not because she was still annoyed at Shinju, but to discuss how she could continue her heroics. Of course this time, Tiffany herself had granted her allowance to spend the night at Sunny’s and this time there would not be any unwanted jealousy as a consequence. Yuri still felt weird about another girl spending the night at Sunny’s place, but since she could trust Tiff, she would also have to start trusting Taeyeon.

 

Sunny and Taeyeon made it home quickly after school so they could discuss Taeyeon’s problem as quickly as possible. Don’t get the wrong idea though, they wanted to keep the discussion short so that they could spend the rest of the night preparing for their double date for tomorrow. And yes, they’re going to skip school, but remember Taeyeon and Sunny are both highly intelligent girls so tutoring the other two for what they missed would pose no issue. Now let’s get back to Tae and Sunny’s discussion.

 

“Tae I think your biggest problem, ironically, is your height. It’s far too noticeable and makes people easily distinguish it’s you. You’re not even average height…”

“Yah you aren’t either, you’re actually shorter than me.” Tae stuck her tongue out as she bestie.

“Although you may be right Taeyeon, I’m not the one trying to lead a double life. It’s your identity on the line here Tae.”

“Yeah I know Sunny and believe me I wish I could grow just a few inches but growth just doesn’t work like that.”

“I mean there are obviously ways to artificially make you a bit taller Tae, but the real question is, how do we achieve that without also compromising your maneuverability?”

“You’d be surprised Sunny, I can actually dance really well in a pair of heels.” Taeyeon winked.

“Even if that’s true heels still aren’t an option and insoles simply aren’t enough to increase you to a decent height. You could have boots with insoles?” Sunny suggested.

“But then how am I gonna easily put them on? Do I have to always carry a duffel bag with a full outfit in? And if I start out by wearing boots and insoles, it’ll defeat the purpose cause then people will see me in that height?” The solution to Tae’s problem seemed to slip further and further away until Sunny remembered an important detail that they completely missed out.

“Tae, can you only summon a bow and arrow?”

“According to Shinju I can summon any object I can think of into reality, but some objects are harder to summon than others and as a result, most conjurors just focus on one category.”

“What do you mean by ‘one category’?” Sunny questioned.

“Well, it’s like, I can summon bows and arrows and that’s become my niche so it’s the easiest thing for me to conjure. If I try to conjure other things I won’t be able to keep it up for as long as the bow.”

“That seems like a self-imposed obstacle Tae.”

“What do you mean?” This time Taeyeon was the curious one.

“Shinju said you can summon anything you can think of into reality so regardless of what object it is, you should be able to summon it just as easy as a bow. The biggest obstacle you have to tackle is mental exhaustion, but once you’ve overcome that, the possibilities for you will be endless. You could even summon your own outfit, so custom fit to your body ratio that even if you conjured ten-inch heels you would be able to run smoothly.”

 

This idea was definitely a possibility and Taeyeon’s excitement was growing by the second. Although she didn’t enjoy the orange colour very much, she knew when she conjured it would always be the same colour so she would have to get used to it. “Sunny how do I overcome the mental exhaustion though? I mean just the thought of summoning something that has more moving parts than a bow string is getting me worried.”

“Think about it this way Taeyeon. Your body is doing multiple things right now without you even thinking about them and those subconscious actions are what’s keeping you alive. So if you train yourself to conjure things like a subconscious action you’ll use less energy to do the action.”

“You still haven’t answered the how Sunny.” Taeyeon was starting to become a bit impatient. She wanted to think about her date with Tiff tomorrow, so she needed this to be over.

“Conjure multiple things right now, as many things as you can and just maintain them for as long as possible. I’ll put it in your terms Tae, you play a lot of games right?”

“Yeah sure do.”

“Well imagine this is like a game. A completely new game so you’re still getting used to the controls, but after you’ve learned and remembered the controls of the game, you don’t even have to think about where the buttons are and what they do. You just do it because it becomes…”

“SUBCONSCIOUS!” Tae finished off Sunny’s sentence so they could finally be done with the discussion.

 

Taeyeon conjured multiple items so that she would put as much strain on her mind as possible. Only after she’s been able to manage the strain and overcome it was she allowed to deactivate her conjurations. She was covered as if she was about to go on a snowboarding trip, completely decked out with orange winter gear. Sunny couldn’t help but laugh at the uncomfortable look. “You better not wear that to our date tomorrow Tae.” She teased.

“Sunny-yah this is already getting tiring, can I stop please?” Taeyeon pouted trying to persuade her best friend.

“No, you better keep that up for as long as possible until you forget you’re even doing it. Or else!” Sunny threatened her.

“Or else what? What are you gonna do Soonkyu?” Taeyeon wanted to test Sunny’s bluff, unfortunately for her it wasn’t a bluff at all.

“Yah only Yul can call me that! And or else I’ll tell Yul and Tiff that you were being a at my place. They’ll both give you hell for it.” Just the thought of that was unbearable for Taeyeon, so she thought its probably best to simply endure the conjurations for as long as she could.

 

After about a two hours or so, Sunny had finally picked an outfit for the date. However, since Taeyeon had to go with Sunny’s clothes because she didn’t expect the date to be the following day, she was having a lot of trouble deciding from Sunny’s wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter