Chapter 9: Bad Moods and Drunk Talks

The University Heartbreaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dear G-Rain,

There’s this guy with pink hair– well, that’s beside the point… what I’m actually writing to you about is that: I think he likes me but, I’m not totally certain. He has never actually admitted so and it’s just a feeling. But. I do like him and because I’m unsure about his feelings, I don’t know what to do.

Sincerely,
Play Hard, Study Harder


To: Play Hard, Study Harder, 

Love is for the weak. Don’t do it. 

Sincerely, 
G-Rain

 

I lean back and away from my desk to stretch out my arms.  

I have gotten so much work done before my internship that I’m surprised at myself– but, I guess the more you put your mind to it, the more likely you can get it done. Or maybe the more you wanted to avoid certain thoughts, you would do anything to distract yourself. Yeah, seems about right. 

A click of a tongue causes me to snap my head over to the doorway.

Both Sanghee and Suah stand leaning against the door frame, judging me with their similar stances. Can I just say that it is so much harder now that they can tag team and harass me? At the same time?

“What?” I ask. 

“Is this your way of coping?”

“Coping?” What is Sanghee supposed to mean by asking that?

“Hanbin followed you out and then he returned soon after,” Suah comments.

“Something must have happened,” Sanghee soon adds. 

I sigh and smack my lips together. “Something happened but I don’t know how to explain it.”

Sanghee runs from the door and throws herself on my bed to offer me her undivided attention. Calmly, Suah joins and takes a seat on the edge of my bed to face me. They were awaiting in anticipation.

“There’s no story to tell.” And, that should kill it. 

My best friend loudly groans. “You just said something happened.”

“Yeah, but I’m going to handle it myself. You two have done enough meddling.”

***

Yet, the meddling continues.

So, do people actually hear me? Because no one is actually listening. 

After coming back from my internship, all I wanted to do was sink into my comforters and turn on some cheesy drama I can complain about for the rest of the night. It was supposed to be a stress-free night. But, seeing how the path leading into the living room is covered in countless sneakers and sandals, all I wanted to do was leave again.

Bobby looking at me from the comfort of the couch only makes the feeling stronger. 

Without a word, I turn around with full intent to just do as I want. Which is to leave. 

“You’re home– wait, where are you going?” Sanghee sprints out to the living room as I am in the midst of escaping. But, my plans are foiled before I could even think about them. 

“I’m meeting up with Jaewon.” That was one face that wasn’t present when I did a quick scan of the room. 

“He’s here,” Sanghee reveals.

On cue, Jaewon walks out from the kitchen. “But, we can go somewhere else,” he teases with a smile. 

“Since you’re here, you might as well stay,” Hanbin says. 

I look away from Jaewon and see Hanbin leaning forward on the couch so that I could see him sitting on the other side of Bobby. 

“Yeah, what Hanbin said,” Bobby adds. “Mino and the others are on their way here now.”

Maybe I’m feeling ‘excitement’ wrong. Without another choice, I slip off my shoes and walk towards my bedroom. “I’ll be out in a minute.”

Throwing my backpack on the ground, I silently have a mental breakdown.

“We’re going to go pick Mino and his group up!”

The voice breaks through the barrier of my bedroom door and I turn around to stare at it. That doesn’t make any sense. The next moment, following a knock on the door, explains everything. My door creaks open and it’s Hanbin standing there.

“I thought you guys left,” I break the silence. That would have given me at least some time alone to deal with this extremely stressful situation. 

“They did.”

“So… it’s just you here?”

Instead of responding, he steps inside and closes the door behind him. I step backwards, further into my room.

“Can we talk?” he asks. 

Am I left with much of a choice here? Those fools planned this perfectly (well, by their standards). I sit back onto the foot of my bed and look up at him since I have to hear him out. 

“I think I might have hurt your feelings last night,” Hanbin begins. 

“Nope.” 

“Jiwoo.”

What did he want me to say? That what he said stung my heart? That what he did made me remember how close we were before? That it brought back memories?

Hell no.

I won’t ever admit that out loud. 

“It didn’t bother me,” I add. Watching him, I could see his expression taking a turn. His jaw visibly clenches.

Classic frustrated Hanbin. 

“Why are you annoyed?” I ask.

He glances back up to meet my eyes. “Because I can’t understand why you’re acting like this.”

“Then, how do you want me to act?” 

He sighs. He didn’t actually know either.

“I don’t know why I came back,” Hanbin suddenly reveals. “I don’t know why I’m sticking around here and running into you–,”

“You’re just confusing yourself.” 

“Maybe I am b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter