Chapter 7: The Power of Bribery

The University Heartbreaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I can just toss it out? Me?

He can freaking toss it out. It’s his clothes. 

I scoffed as I made it back inside the bedroom. The two are already fast asleep and thankfully, I have a chance to fume by myself without having them question me on my own valid feelings. 

Looking towards the wall that separated the two rooms, I can hear the sound of my bedroom’s door closing some seconds after. 

How ungrateful. I even offered my warm bed. 

Well, no matter. I can be mad all I want but there is one thing I refuse to lose– my sleep. So, off to bed I go. 

***

When we awaken the next morning, I find Donghyuk the one to score the bed all to himself… the other three were gone. Can’t say I’m not happy about that. Even if it was just a night, they still overstayed. 

“What time is it?”

“9 AM,” Suah responds to Sanghee’s question.

“How early did they wake up to leave?”

“Who cares,” I’m the one to answer this time as the two turn around and head into the kitchen. Walking into my bedroom, I gently slap Donghyuk’s thigh and the boy jerks forward into a sitting position. 

“What, what, wha–,”

“I have to clean, Donghyuk.”

Rubbing his hand through the mess of his hair, he looks around. “Oh, alright.” With a loud yawn, he moves to his feet. “They’re gone?”

“They’re gone,” I mutter while ripping the sheets off my bed. 

Ugh. Every flutter of the sheet sends Hanbin’s scent up my nose. Does he douse himself with the cologne? I can’t stand this. Something off to the side distracts me from my very important task and already, I could feel my blood boiling. 

Sitting neatly on top of my drawers is a stack of clothes. 

Hanbin’s stack of clothes, to be specific. 

“Why the hell didn’t he take that?”

“Take what?” Donghyuk voices his confusion.

“That.” I motion at the neatly folded pile of stupid Hanbin-scent-filled shirts and pants. 

Still groggy, he was merely lost while staring back at me. “…Did I do something to make you pissed off, Jiwoo?”

Closing my eyes, I breathe out. “I think I need a moment.”

“Take as long as you need,” he responds and quickly dashes out of the room to avoid the fire.  

***

With clean sheets that now smell like me, I take some time to fix my bed before the start of my day. My phone signals a new text and I drop everything to look at it. 

It’s from my club president and the content already has me anxious. Finishing the last of my cleaning, I get ready and leave– telling the three that I will be back soon. 

Well, unless Skull Pounder gets to me first.

At this point, I’m starting to wonder if I should just let him do what he wants. Just beat me up so I can move on. 

***

Okay.

So, it’s either him or me that’s crazy. 

Am I crazy to not want to come back or is he crazy for asking me to come back?

“Prez, you told me to lay low for a while,” I remind him of his words a mere two days ago. There’s no way he could have forgotten something so important so easily… besides, has he recovered from that traumatizing confrontation with Skull Pounder? Because I haven’t.

“The newspaper club is suffering again.”

“No, it hasn’t. It has just been two days.”

“Do you still have the letters?”

“Yes, but that is not the point.”

“Work from home and e-mail us the responses.”

“That way, I can piss off more people so they can come after me?” Am I really the crazy one here?

“Just…,” he tries his best to think of his next words. “Be a little more careful.”

I end up staring at him and he starts to think that maybe he isn’t doing a good job convincing me– how right he is.

“Please, Jiwoo–,”

I groan. “Don’t you dare beg me.”

“Jiwoo, you have to start again. Please, please, please–,”

“Stop.” I put an end to his imploring. “If I agree to do this, I’m not going to be responsible for whatever that comes next.”

Instead of comforting or reassuring me, he grins in happiness upon getting his way. 

Is this job worth it? 

Getting up to leave the office, there is the one question that continues to repeat in my mind. Stepping out into the hall, a familiar face appears in my line of vision. Jaewon pushes himself off the wall across and spreads his a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter