Special Chapter: Bobby's Affection

The University Heartbreaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“So, what is this?” Suah asks between her sips of her drink. 

“A celebration for a job well done.”

She looks up and stares at Bobby sitting across from her in the busy diner. Sure, she has hung out with him before but, Hanbin and Jiwoo were always present. So, this situation is a new one. For the past 3-4 years that she has known him, the last two weeks have gotten her quite close to the young man. 

And, it was all due to him suggesting that they help Hanbin and Jiwoo out a little with their situation. In his words, he ‘trusts them but, it’ll take too long’.

“Are you paying?” she wonders aloud. 

Bobby gives it some thought and nods his head. “Yeah, why not.”

“Good.” She takes that as a signal and grabs a menu to order her late dinner. 

“Take it easy though,” he jokingly warns.

“Too bad I sent Sanghee and Donghyuk home with the key first, they could have joined in on this celebration,” she blankly states while she figures out what’s to her taste. 

Bobby doesn’t answer and instead, he also reaches for his own menu.  

“So, why am I paying?” he suddenly asks. 

To Suah, it doesn’t seem like he’s changing his mind by asking but rather, he appears curious about her answer. 

“I put in the most work.”

“Like, when?”

“I actually pushed Jiwoo to see Hanbin,” she responds. “To the point where if other people saw, they would have thought I were a bad friend.” 

She was too proactive but, she figured it should be done for their sake. She was so tired of overlooking the obvious. The obvious being that Hanbin and Jiwoo belonged together but, both were too stubborn for their own good. 

“I convinced Hanbin to come to the University,” he retorts.

“And, other than that?”

“I helped Jiwoo with her strange issue with the bodybuilder.”

“That had nothing to do with getting them back together,” Suah remarks with ease.

“It helped them spend time together, no?”

“That issue wasn’t resolved until the last two days of Hanbin’s break.”

Bobby blinks. He supposes she has a point.

While he’s preoccupied, Suah goes back to looking at her menu. “Instead of solving, you like to instigate.”

“Instigate?”

Suah nods. “You set up situations. Like, when you invited everyone out to the bars or when you insisted on having dinner at our place.” Her eyes shift up to meet his. “You like beating around the bush.”

Her observation prompts a quirk of his lips. “I have to have some fun too.”

At that moment, Suah realizes something. If a headache were a person, Bobby would be it. 

Bobby is calm, cool, and collected. He’s definitely intelligent and when he po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter