Chapter 17: The Dangerous One Makes a Comeback

The University Heartbreaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Being the only one up with so much on my mind, I was quick to open the front door before the knocking could wake up the three sleepyheads on the couch. Upon being greeted by his face, I couldn’t explain the relief that washed over me. 

“Hey.” 

He smiles. “I’m glad you’re still up.” His words fall into whispers as soon as I place my finger up to my lips before motioning at Sanghee, Suah, and Donghyuk over my shoulder. 

I silently wave at him to come in and watch him slip off his shoes in the gentlest way (strange when it comes to Hanbin) before we both head inside my bedroom. 

“What were you up to?” he asks as he takes a seat on my bed. 

“Just watching TV.” Strangely, I am consumed with giddiness. It may just have to do with Hanbin merely turning up at my door. “How did it go?” I ask. 

He shrugs. “Fine, I guess.”

My smile merely widens. He must think I’m insane. 

He sighs. “How unfair. You weren’t worried at all.”

Walking forward, I fall into his arms and he tips backwards into the softness of the mattress with a grunt. I snuggle deeper into his chest as he pulls the comforter over the both of us. 

“I was worried,” I answer. 

“Aw, Jiwoo, come on,” Hanbin playfully answers once given the chance to have the upper hand. “Why would you be worried?”

“She’s so pretty.”

“I didn’t notice.”

“Well, you see her brother.”

“I will never admit Jaewon is more good looking than me,” he replies before asking, “You don’t think that’s the case, do you?”

“Hanbin, I’ve never liked Jaewon ever in the three years I’ve known him.”

“That’s not my question.”

I chuckled. “His looks only awed me a few times.”

“Jiwoo–,”

“I don’t even notice how popular he is because of his looks anymore.”

Not satisfied with my words, Hanbin reaches down and gently takes hold of my chin, pinching the sides of my lips together. A fake smile appears on his lips. “You’re avoiding my question.”

I brush his hand aside and give into laughter. “You’re the handsomest in the whole wide world, Hanbin.”

It seems I offered the right answer because a smile widens on his lips. “You’re finally letting yourself go,” he suddenly says.

Angling my head on his chest, I look up at him. “What do you mean?”

His smile fades but, not because of unhappiness. “I just feel that in the past, you held back a lot. So, thank you for expressing yourself a lot these past few days.”

Surprisingly, it came naturally. Once I got the ball rolling, it was so easy. But, I’m not sure if I’m setting myself up for disaster by having him get used to this. 

“Oh! I almost forgot,” Hanbin flinches slightly. “Can I get an autograph?”

Autograph? My eyebrows furrow at the request. “Mine?”

“Well, more specifically, G-Rain’s.”

***

“Jiwoo!” 

I snapped awake, sitting up so quickly that my vision darkens for a moment before Suah comes into view. She was staring at me from the doorway. What’s with the expression? 

“You didn’t set an alarm?” she asks. “You’re going to be late for your first class–,”

A groan from below steals my attention. Looking down beside me, I find Hanbin. I guess we just fell asleep last night. 

“Morning, Hanbin,” Suah greets him. 

He also forces himself up as he rubs his eyes. “Morning– I cannot believe we knocked out like that.”

I jump out of bed when the situation settles in. “Hanbin, quickly. We got to get to class.”

“Jiwoo, you still got those clothes here?” he asks, sleep still clings to his voice. 

“The ones you told me to toss out?”

“Those ones.”

“They’re in my closet.” Well, isn’t he glad my petty self didn’t do as he asked last time?

I’m sure it was comical for Suah as she watched us rush around the room. She’s completely judging me. Normally, I wouldn’t be reacting this way. I mean, I could show up a little late or even miss the class but, not when there’s an exam. 

“Jiwoo, are you prepared?”

“I think so.”

“I haven’t seen you study.”

“We aren’t together all day or anything.” I had time in between to learn the material.

“Are you sure?”

I stop in my steps to look up at him. “Hanbin, you’re more anxious than I am.” I grasp his hand and give it a little squeeze. “I’ll see you later. Go to the gym or something,” I say before running off. 

***

And, he did just that. 

Armed with his headphones and water bottle, Hanbin visited the campus gym– of course, with Bobby’s ID. Surprisingl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter