Jewel

Somewhere In My Sleep [ON HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After your ‘almost heart attack’ from the alarm, you sat up in bed trying to recollect your brain. Was all of it just a very, very vivid dream? Was Kyungsoo a dream? How about Sehun, Suho, and Chanyeol? The ugly creature of a half man and half goat, was it a dream too? Did it all really happen or was it just another fantasy scenario your brain created?

You admit that you’re a very talented and clever writer, you imagine things out of the box, but that was way too out of the box. Your mind right now can’t even comprehend all of that. Your body was rejuvenated from the sleep, but your brain felt like soup inside your head.

You know a headache will soon follow, so you stood up and went straight to the medicine cabinet in your bathroom.

You reached for your trusty bottle of Aspirin and pop four pills in your mouth. You turn your faucet on and drank the water straight from it and swallowed hard. You felt the four tablets of Aspirin as it draws down in your throat, it left a tiny sting but it went away almost immediately.

“I—I need to go back to bed, just one more hour.” You convinced yourself and your body just followed what your brain told you. Even after the pills, your head feels like it’s gonna start a coup.

“I feel like …” You said out loud to yourself and plopped back on your bed.

---

“I know it feels weird at first, but you will get used to it and will enjoy it very soon, I promise.” The magical voice of the woman is back. I can’t open my eyes, even in the dream world; my head feels heavy so I didn’t dare move or talk.

“For now, rest my child. I will ask Jewel to help me guard your body when you travel to the astral world.” She murmurs to me.

‘Jewel?’

“Please, adopt yourself a cat soon. You will need at least one…” Her voice started to disappear again.

‘A what? A CAT?!’

---

You jerk up again, suddenly feeling roused. The sun was shining brightly already. ‘Did you forget to close the blinds last night?’ you thought. But you were positive that you never opened your window blinds anyway.

“That’s weird…” You whisper to yourself.

“Oh, you’re awake.” You screamed your lungs out when you heard it. You jumped out of bed with your eyes closed and did a fake martial arts stance, ready to fight whoever it was in your apartment.

“WHO ARE YOU!?” You screech, still not opening your eyes.

“Relax, it’s me Ahyoung!!!” Ahyoung retaliates with another screech. You opened your eyes and sure enough, Ahyoung is standing on your open door frame, holding a tray full of food.

“Wha—what are you doing here this early?” You looked at your bedside table and the clock reads 8:30 AM. You slept in; it was more than one hour of a nap.

“I took a break from work today. I tried calling you a hundred times to ask you out, but you’re not answering your phone. So I just went here uninvited. And then I saw you sleeping there, I tried waking you up and when I t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter