Think of him and you will be with him.

Somewhere In My Sleep [ON HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sudden itchiness is unavoidable. I tried scratching my skin but I don’t know why my hands are not moving. I can now feel my skin crawling because of the itchiness and I’m pretty sure my skin is red by now, I tried moving my head to see my body but my gaze from my bedroom’s ceiling is locked.

Am I dreaming? Was this another weird dream? Or am I being paralyzed in my sleep? I haven’t experienced paralysis in a long time ever since I started sleeping early, but is it being triggered because I came back to work earlier than my doctor advised me?

“Don’t worry child, just focus on what you want to do and you can do it.” A soft feminine voice spoke. I can hear it all around me, ringing inside my head.

My body suddenly became numb, the burn from the itchiness is now gone. But soon whimpers, cry, screams and evil laughter come. Some are calling out my name, asking me to save them from the misery they are living in.

“Help me!!!” I screamed out in between the different sounds in my head.

“Just focus on my voice, my child. Do not be afraid.” I heard the voice of the woman again. Of all the robust voices and noise in the background, hers was the only one who sounded sincere.

I closed my eyes and counted to twenty slowly. Only focused on the female voice who continued to sing a lullaby. My aunt was the one who taught me from a young age to count to twenty and focus on her voice whenever her husband comes home drunk and angry.

Even when he’s beating her up to a pulp, her voice still remained calm and collected for my sake. After my countdown, she would be crawling limply to where I was and hug me tight, crying while she held me in her weak arms. And I would fall asleep as she hums me a sad song with her unstable breathing.

“Seventeen… Eighteen… Nineteen… Twenty…” I said the last number softly and suddenly I felt myself get lifted high up. Flying freely as the cold but comfortable air hit me everywhere.

I opened my eyes and found myself floating around my bedroom. The horrid sounds for different entities are now gone except for her beautiful lullaby. I looked every now and I found her floating closely beside me. I cannot see her face as she has none, but I can tell she’s beautiful. She was glowing, lighting up my dark room.

I accidentally looked at my bed and I saw myself lying there. My chest pumping up and down with steady breathing. I looked peaceful and happy in my sleep. No sign of stress from what I always see in the mirror everywhere. My eyes widen with the sudden realization.

“Am—Am I dead?” I looked at the woman beside me; she held my hand and took me with her as we flew away from my apartment. I closed my eyes, prepared for the collision that never came.

“Child, open your eyes. You are free now.” I heard her voice again, ringing everywhere in my ears. I did as instructed and we are now high above into the night clouds, the city lights of Seoul under me was breathtakingly beautiful. I was never afraid of heights, so I ‘m not worried about that right now. And I’m dead after all, no need to be scared.

“Beautiful!” I said with a sigh full of admiration flew out my mouth.

“Not as beautiful as your soul, my child. This is nothing compared to what I see in you.” She floated gracefully around me and I follow her every move.

“Who are you?” I asked suddenly and she stopped her dancing in the air.

“I am your spirit guide into the Astral Plane. I’m here to teach you everything you need to know about this dimension we are both in.” She explains with her serene voice. She stopped for a few seconds before talking again.

“I was sent by the deity who gave you the ability to remove your Astral Body from your Physical B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter