Dionysus, the Greek God?

Somewhere In My Sleep [ON HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“My child, you have been rewarded.” You heard that same familiar voice again. You tried speaking but wasn’t able to. You opened your mouth and nothing came out.

“Use it to your heart’s desire. But be careful out there, child. There are beings that can alter your mind.” It spoke again with its mighty and God-like voice. It sounded so soothing in your ears as you listened. You tried speaking again but nothing came out as expected.

“No need for spoken words child as I can read your mind. Tell me everything you want and know that I can hear your thoughts.” He spoke again. You know the voice was a He, and He sounded kind and understanding.

‘Who are you?’ You thought out loud.

“I am Dionysus, child.” He answered you. Dionysus, the Greek God?

‘Why me?’ Was your second question.

“Because I know how it feels to lose a mother.” He responded immediately and your heart sank when you heard his words. You don’t exactly remember anything about your mother, but you know you lost her when you were very young. Your aunt always tells you stories about her, but not about how you lost her.

‘Can you please show yourself to me?’ It was a request as you wanted to see the face of the God who graced you with a gift. And you don’t even know what that gift was yet.

“I apologize, my child. I cannot accept your request.” His voice was getting more and more distant from you. Your opened eyes may not see anything but your ears are better than usual.

---

You jolted up when you hear your alarm. You looked at your bed side table and slapped the digital clock’s alarm dead. You pushed your blanket off your body and felt the coldness of your room. Last night, you cranked your air conditioning system to a low temperature that your body can take. You’re getting tired of waking up grimy from your weird dreams.

You touched your sheets and sure enough, it was dry. It worked, you didn’t sweat out. You grabbed your phone now and adjusted your air conditioning to room temperature and grabbed your towel for a quick body cleanse so you can finally fully awake and start your work.

---

You heard your phone blast out your ringtone, disturbing you from the computer screen. You’ve been reading about th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter