Who are you?

Somewhere In My Sleep [ON HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was planned. It was carefully planned. But the universe doesn’t seem to cooperate. All the plans were desolated by a single gunshot. Screams and piercing cry soon enter your ears followed by two or three more gunshots, you weren’t sure what was happening. All of it was blurry, just tiny pieces of recollection were left in your brain. You weren’t sure if you’re dreaming or if this was a real memory.

You looked to your right and you see a dying child. She was weirdly similar to you, red liquid pooling around the pathetic angel. You looked in front of you and 2 adults lying helplessly, equally bloodied but conscious.

One of them, a woman, arms stretch in front of her. She seems to call out to you but you weren’t sure. The other, a man is slowly crawling, while cradling his injury to the dying Angel beside you.

You looked back to the child but she was gone. She was replaced by… grass? You look everywhere now and you’re in the middle of a field of Iris. Beautiful and vivid purples, your favorite flower. You touched one and the softness of it tickled your fingertips.

“I know what you’ve been through, child.” A voice suddenly spoke. You look up at the flower you were focusing on but there was no one. You were alone, the weather was nice. The birds were singing, but no one was there.

“And I will give you a gift that only you can control…” The voice trailed off again. You look everywhere around you, to find the voice. You walk around, not sure where you were going. This field of Iris doesn’t seem to stop. It feels like you’ve been walking for days, it just doesn’t stop.

“W-who are you?” You finally found your voice. The question you let out was small and unsure.

“I am—“ The voice started but was cut off when you suddenly hear your… alarm?

You jolted up alive. Your digital clock’s alarm was making all sorts of noise that’s giving you a headache. You groaned when you realized it's morning. Last night you set up the alarm at 5:30 AM. You looked at your bedside and the time read 5:31 AM.

You slapped your alarm clock shut and push your blanket lazily off of your body. You usually wake up at 7 AM but you needed an early rise because you were expecting a lot of freelance work today. Ahyoung, the only friend you have, set you up with a big company and they proposed 3 big projects for you to do this week.

The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter