Chapter 9

The Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Untold and Unheard]
Part 3 - System Error
Third person's P.O.V

 

"System Error!"

 

"System Error!"

 

"System Error!"


"! What's wrong with this device!" shouted the police officer. He shook the gadget several times before putting it down.

"Tapes aren't working. Cameras aren't working. The link even got virus. We never had such troubles handling this kind of cases."

A loud sound was heard as the door was slammed by the Commissioner. The police officer grunted as he looked at his Superior and also supporter.

"I told you many times that, this case is closed! Don't waste my time and your time! It's already solved and the family wants nothing but to grieve in peace! Respect them!" The commissioner shouted on the top of his lungs. He was not amused by his underling's act.

"Then ignoring such a dangerous serial killer and let him or her wander through the streets with their sick thoughts? We don't need this to repeat and you know how much trouble and shame we might get from this." Being stubborn was something the police officer knows best.

"You're going nowhere with this. Trust me. This murderer is on another level that none could reach. Let's just do other things that are more important than this."

"You're saying this is not important?"

"I believe you have no say in this. Everything I say is an absolute. Leave this room after you cleaned up and shut everything down." The commissioner sighed heavily before leaving the room.

 

°Back to the moment when Erin went home after that party°

"A genius scientist had left this world in a tragedy."

 

"Our condolences to the deceased and their family."

 

"A tragedy seemed to be out of place were reported solved but not a single explaination or statement was released by any source."

 

"Some source thought it was all planned."

 

"New creation from our most-known scientist became an uproar."

 

Erin was getting a headache after analyzing each one of the articles. Was it the glare from the gadget's illumination? Or was it just her? Reading gossip articles used to be fun for her but not this one. Not when everything was related to her.

 

Her heartbeat fasten as she swiped the screen to read the four last articles. They say, save the best for the last.

 

"An Android that could change the world."

 

She gulped her saliva several time as she started reading the text. She had an inkling where this is leading her. She didn't want to accept it but she needed to know the truth.

 

"The project failed countless of times, but Mr. Kim said, 'there's no such thing as giving up in my dictionary'"

 

"The Android is finally ready!"

 

"Mr. Kim resigned? Rumours regard this issue had been-"

 

"Erin K-4G4N3 was ready for release but, Mr. Kim stopped it from happening."

 

"Mr. Kim finally resigned. Some big company owners are going mad."

 

"Adoption application."

 

The application was approved. There was even a picture of a certificate of adoption. The so-called professor Kim adopted a girl in the same year he started the project.

 

"Rin Kagane. Left in front of the door with only a note of her given name."

 

"Erin K-4G4N3 was hidden by the professor."

 

After reading every single article, Erin closed the gallery and put her smartphone aside. She slipped her had into her sling bag that she brought to the party.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter