Chapter 5

The Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[The end of a...] -part 2-

10 years ago...

Erin's POV

"No!"

Giggles echoing inside the small classroom. The giggle was too loud that the sobs coming out from the boy was almost unheard. He cried while everyone except me was laughing. He stared at the white tiles which have been painted red due to the spill of ketchup coming out from his lunchbox. His untouched lunch was ruined.

He looked up to the girl standing right in front of me, the girl named Rianna. She smirked and kicked the lunchbox away from her. "Eat that! Dishes like this are way more fit to your image." 

"Ew! Don't kick it towards me! That's disgusting!" said Adeline and kicked it towards Amanda. 

"And you decided to give it to me? Thanks, but no thanks." said Amanda while she kicked the lunchbox. The little boy became teary again and started to weep on the floor. I know how hurtful it was to be in that situation but I just watched him suffer.

It was the lunchbox that his mother made for him with pride. She was very good at houseworks and that includes cooking. 

"Rianna, your mother will make a fuss if you had gastric attack again. Let's go to the cafeteria before everything is sold out." I said while patting on Rianna's back.

"Since my mum is scarier than me, I'll let you go today. Have a nice meal! Come on girls! Let's hunt for food!" Rianna said. She dashed off to the door. "The last one to arrive pays everything!" Shouted Rianna. Amanda and Adeline quickly catch up to her not wanting to pay for lunch.

When everyone left, I sat beside the crying boy. When I said everyone, I mean those three troublemakers. I took out 3 fancy candies from my pocket and took his hand in mine. He looked up at me with a questioning look.

I smiled and said, "I only have these candies with me. Take it! I don't need it. I apologize in place of those three. Talk to you later, um-"

"Just call me Jay."

It was the first time I heard his voice. I was elated by it! His voice was very small that I almost thought he was squeaking. I looked at his small face. His nose, cheeks and the area surrounding his eyes were all red and his eyes were still glassy. His dark eyes were as darks as his shiny black hair. 

In that moment, my chest tightened. My breath hitched. I shook my head in many ways when I realized I had been staring at him for too long. 

"Okay, from now on, I'll call you little Jay. I 'll be going."  

Little Jay, a guy who had a name that was hard for me to remember. He was a newly transferred child. My friends had been bullying him for around 3 months since the day he moved into our school. He was the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter