Chapter One

Chances

 

It was the only dreadful day in my childhood. My parents were sending me to study abroad in America. I had to leave all my friends and family to live with my Grandma. The most dreadful part was leaving my best friends, Dong Yong Bae and Lee Seung Hyun.

    I walked to the normal hangout after calling them. Since my parents made me dress up really girly they looked really surprised. All I could do was keep my tears from falling and not even say hello.They could tell something was up. I decided to give them their nicknames and then tell them.

    “Yong Bae, whenever we talk I’m going to call you Taeyang. Seung Hyun, I’m going to call you Seungri,” I said quickly. My voice was shaking so much I could barely say the next words.

    “Guys, my parents are sending me to America to study abroad. I don’t know when I’ll be back, but don’t forget your nicknames. Okay?” After I finished I burst into tears and all they could do was hug me.

    After what felt like an hour, my parents came to get me. I got in the car and looked back at them. Their faces were wet, but it wasn’t raining.

    I was 9 years old at that time. That was 8 years ago and now I’m back and ready to catch up with my best friends. I’m different now though. I’m more girly, but I also have a lot of muscle and really good at sports. I also look different. I have a perfect figure and I’m really tall. I also dyed my hair an auburn color. During the last year of my studies, Bigbang came out in K-Pop. I quickly recognised Taeyang and Seungri. They used the nicknames I gave them so it was a lot easier than just seeing them. We hadn’t talked for a couple months and now I know why. They were busy training for their debut!

    Anyways, I’m back in Korea and about to head to my hotel room. Little did I know my brother was already waiting at the Airport entrance.

    “Kai! It’s so good to see you again! How are Mom and Dad?” I said as I hugged him.
    “They’re fine… I have somewhere I want to take you real quick, so let’s drop your bag off at the hotel and head there,” Kai said with a mischievous smile.

    “Okay,” I replied, clearly confused.

    We went to the hotel room and dropped my bag off in my room. I was still wearing my outfit from the airport, a short black dress with black flats and gold clutch. Kai took one of my scarfs and blindfolded me and lead me to a car. After a few minutes Kai lead me into some kind of building. I heard an elevator open and Kai took off my blindfold and we stepped into the elevator.

    “You know the new band, Bigbang?” Kai asked.

    “Yeah. Taeyang and Seungri are in it,” I replied.

    Kai smiled and said, “Well, while you were in America, I became a choreographer and signed with YG Entertainment. The band I’m in charge of is no other than Bigbang! They don’t know I’m your brother, so when they see you please tell them,” He said. We walked into the room and they were all talking with their backs to the door.

    “Taeyangie! Seungie!” I said, excitedly.

    They turned around and I hugged them. They just looked confused.

    “Who are you?” Taeyang asked.

    “Wow, can’t even remember your best friend who gave you those nicknames,” I frowned.

    “Jae-noona?” Seungri said, unsure.

    “The one and only,” I smiled and they hugged me.

    “ How did you know we were here, noona?” Taeyang asked.

    “ Your choreographer is also my brother.” I turned to Kai and smiled. I looked back at Taeyang and Seungri, they just looked really confused. I just laughed. The other three members of Bigbang came up and cleared their throats.

Taeyang and Seungri straightened up and introduced me to them, “Hyungs, this is Jae-noona. She is a couple days older than GD- Hyung.”

    “So, that means she is a little older than me , but still younger than T.O.P.- Hyung,” G- Dragon said. I nodded. Then they continued to introduce themselves.

    “I’m T.O.P.,” said the one with bright blue hair.

    “I’m Daesung,” said the big-nosed blonde.

    “I-I’m G-Dragon. You can just call me GD and I’m also the leader.” G-Dragon stuttered.

    The members just stood there with their mouths open. GD cleared his throat and walked over to the couch in the practice room. I heard Kai trying not to laugh in the background, while everyone else was looking at GD and smiling.

    “Kai, do you have something I can change into so I’m not stuck in these clothes?” I asked, trying to change the subject.

    “Yeah, follow me,” He said, still trying not to laugh.

    I followed Kai to the dressing room and he found me a pair of yoga pants and a tank top. I pushed him out of the dressing room and took off my clothes and put the other ones on. I found a hair tie in my purse and I put my hair up and took off my makeup. The tank top showed my muscles so it was kind of weird going out there.

    After looking at myself in the mirror, I headed out to see them all sitting on the couch teasing GD. They all looked up, and their mouths dropped open again.

    “Stop staring would ya. It’s kind of awkward,” I said, feeling really awkward.

    “Sorry,” They said in unison.

    “It’s just that we have never seen a girl with that much muscle,” T.O.P. said, amazed.

    “Oh,” I said embarrassed.

“Don’t be embarrassed. It’s cool,” GD comforted.

I couldn’t help but smile and blush. GD smiled too. The rest of the members and Kai tried holding in their laughter. I ended up hitting Kai and GD ended up hitting the two members closest to him, while I gave them a glare. GD and I started laughing because they all shut up immediately.

“Okay, we better get to practicing if we want to get done on time,” Kai said turning serious.

They all got up and started practicing. After two hours of practicing Kai sent all of them ,except GD, to get dressed. Kai then went to get dressed himself.

“Kai told me that the company is having a dance and you are the only one who doesn’t know  how to slow dance. He said he wants me to teach you because he somehow found out about me secretly studying dance in America also,” I said.

“Okay,” He replied with a blush.

I the music and said, “ You need to put your hands on the waist of your partner, while your partner puts hers on your neck. If she is the same height as you, you should be fine but if she is taller than you it will be a little harder to dance.”

“Okay,” he replied and I then started to teach him.

“My dance teacher always told me to envision the place that you will be dancing at. An easy way is to close your eyes and imagine what you think the place will look like,” He closed his eyes and so did I. Next thing I knew G-Dragon was kissing me!! I didn’t stop him and I felt him smile and deepen the kiss. We didn’t hear the dressing room door open. All the members were watching us and we didn’t even know it.

After a few minutes, T.O.P. cleared his throat and GD looked over at him and his eyes widened. We immediately stopped kissing and jumped away from each other. The members just laughed and GD wiped his mouth and sent them a glare while he went into the dressing room. I sent Taeyang to get my clothes from the dressing room.

Kai drove me to the hotel and said he would pick me up to help with dance practice tomorrow.

A half hour later I heard a knock at the door and went to open and found G-Dragon outside.

“I’m sorry about earlier,” he said shyly.

“It’s okay. Come on in before someone in the hotel sees you and freaks out,” I gestured for him to come in.

“Okay,” he chuckled.

“I have to get ready still so just wait here,” I said. I went into the bathroom and started the shower. After a few minutes I forgot that GD was here and started singing in the shower.

 

Meanwhile with GD….

 

I the T.V. and a few minutes into Running Man, I heard Jae start to sing ‘Come Back Home’ by 2NE1. She was actually good. She sounded a lot like Dara, actually she sounded a little better. I quickly called my manager up.

“Hey Aaron. Listen to this,” I held my phone up to the door of the bathroom and let him listen to her for a few minutes.

“Who is that?” he asked,” Well who ever it is bring her to the dorm. I want to see her and talk to her,”

“Okay. Bye, Hyung,” I said quickly because I heard Jae coming out.

“Noona, come with me. My manager wants to meet you,” I said smiling.

“Okay…” she replied confused. I laughed because she looked so confused.

We got in the car and drove to the dorm to meet my manager. After a few minutes we were at the dorm and I told Jae to stay outside just in case the other members were “walking around”. I quickly went inside and got my manager. After a few seconds, my manager came out.

“GD, go ahead and go back inside and wash up. We have a busy schedule tomorrow,” my manager told me.

“Okay, Hyung,” I said and headed back inside.

 

My P.O.V.

 

So GD made me come to his dorm. I’M SO CONFUSED! Anyway, as soon as we got there he told me to stay outside. Not 1 minute later, G- Dragon came out with his manager!

“GD, go ahead and go back inside and wash up. We have a busy schedule tomorrow,” The manager said.

“Okay, Hyung,” GD said and headed inside.

“Hello, I’m Bigbang’s manager, Aaron, I heard you singing over the phone earlier and I wanted to give you my card. I want you to audition tomorrow for the leader spot of a new girl group that’s debuting next year,” He said while handing me a card.

“Okay,” I said very embarrassed.

“Let me take you home real quick,” he opened the door and said,” I’ll be right back guys,”

I could hear numerous yeses and okays. I wanted to laugh, but I held it in. We eventually headed outside to Aaron’s car.

 

5 minutes later…..

 

When I got to the Hotel I couldn’t hold in my excitement. I JUST GOT OFFERED AN AUDITION FOR YG!!

After a while of freaking out and calling my family, I finally the T.V. It was already on my favorite show, Running Man!

 

The Next Day….

 

I woke up early that morning to prepare for the audition at YG. I decided on wearing jeans and a nice T-Shirt and I also packed another bag of clothes to change into for helping Bigbang practice. When I went outside the hotel I saw a car sitting there with someone standing on the side holding a card with my name on it. As I looked closer, it was G-Dragon and Kai! I smiled and walked towards them.

“Hey,” I said walking closer.

“Congratulations on getting an audition for YG!” they said in unison.

“Thanks,” I responded with a blush.

We headed off to YG.

    I told GD and Kai not to tell the others just in case I didn’t make it. I also told Kai if I did make it I would call him and let him know.

    When we got to YG, we went our separate ways. I headed to an empty recording studio and Kai and GD went to practice.

    After getting lost a million times, I finally found the studio. I calmed myself down for a few minutes and went into the studio. When I went in I found Aaron, a woman, and a very sharply dressed man. Aaron came over to me and brought me to them.

    “Rena, Baekho, this is Jae. I told her to come in today because I overheard her singing on the phone,” Aaron told the two people quickly.

    “Go ahead and go into the recording studio,” Rena said politely.

    “O-Okay,” I stuttered.

    Inside the studio I couldn’t see or hear them talking so I was a little happy.

    Suddenly a voice broadcasted over the speakers,” Jae go ahead and walk over to the microphone and tell me what song you can sing confidently, but first let me tell you how the audition will work. First, we will test your singing. Next, we will test your ability to dance. Finally, we will see if you have any special talents,”

    “Okay,” I said confidently.

    “What song are you most confident in singing?” Rena asked.

    “Um……Probably ‘Come Back Home’ by 2NE1,” I said quietly. When the music started I closed my eyes and started singing at the right time, hit all the right pitches, and did the rap perfectly. When the song ended all I could do was put my head down in embarrassment.

“Come on out, so we can test your dancing,” Baekho ordered.

I walked out and they were discussing something and nodding. When they noticed me they stopped and Rena said, “We are going to go to an empty practice room to test your dancing skills. Do you know any dances?”

“Yeah. I know BigBang’s ‘La La La’,” I smiled.

“Okay, then lets go,” Baekho said. We made our way to the practice room. It was right across the hall from BigBang’s practice room.

When the song started I did all the moves perfectly because I learned this dance in America and performed it as a test in front of my school.

 

Kai’s P.O.V.

I could hear ‘La La La’ playing in the room right across from us, so I decided to go see what it was.

“Hey! Someone is playing your song across the hall. Lets go check it out,” I said to everyone.

“Okay,” they all said, relieved that they were getting a break from dancing.

We headed over to the room and quietly went in. As we came through the door I saw Baekho and Rena. My two bosses. As we headed farther into the room we all saw Jae dancing and auditioning.

MY OLDER SISTER WAS DANCING MY CHOREOGRAPHY! I was very happy. I looked at everyone else and they had a surprised look on their face because she was auditioning. GD just had a smirk and a look of admiration on his face.

When Jae saw me she frowned. After a couple of minutes the music stopped and Rena, Baekho, and Aaron looked back at us because we started clapping.

“ Jae, after a short discussion we have decided to let you be apart of the YG family. Welcome!” Rena smiled.

 

My P.O.V.

 

“Jae after a short discussion we have decided to let you be apart of the YG family. Welcome!” Rena smiled.

BigBang rushed over to me and hugged me. I could barely hold my tears in. Rena, Baekho, and Aaron left the room and Aaron let BigBang out of practice for the rest of the day to celebrate. T.O.P., Seungri, Taeyang, and Daesung all left the room to go figure out where to go.

“Congrats, Noona!” GD said as he hugged me.

“Thanks, GD,” I smiled.

“Noona. it looks like you have training to do tomorrow,” GD smirked.

“Yep. I have to be here at 6:00 am to start,” I groaned, “You wouldn’t want to help would you?”

GD smirked,” Noona, only if you go to the YG Dance with me,”

“That’s only for people from YG though,” I said confused.

GD looked at me with a ‘you’re such a blonde’ look on his face.

“Oh yeah,” I said, stupidly.

“Let’s go catch up with the others, Noona,” GD said.

“Okay, but one more thing,” I said.

“What?” GD asked, confused.

“Stop calling me Noona. Please?” I begged.

“Okay, Noo-.......Okay, Jae,” he smiled.


    1 Year Later…

Today’s the day I debut! Gigi, Gia, and I form the group G3. Gigi’s real name is Kim Ha Hoon and Gia’s is Park Chae. Well anyways, we are all debuting today on Inkigayo and the funny thing is BigBang has a stage before our debut stage. Also GD is MC-ing for Inkigayo.

None of them know that I debut today all they know is that a new girl group is debuting after their stage. Gigi, Gia, and I are heading into the studio to get ready. Right as we got in the studio I see BigBang practicing on the stage. We quickly went to the head office to greet the two main hosts, Hwang Kwang-hee and Lee Yu-bi.

“Gi! Gigi! Gia! Annyeonghaseyo, we are G3!” We greeted them with the greeting Gia made up.

“Welcome!” Kwang-hee said.

Lee Yu-bi wasn’t there so we only saw Kwang-hee oppa.

“Gi? Your real name is Jae right?” Kwang-hee asked.

“Yes, oppa,” I smiled.

“So, you’re the one G-Dragon has been talking about,” he smiled at me.

I smiled nervously at him.

“Well. Good luck today,” Kwang-hee smiled at all of us.

“Thank you!” we said as we made our way out the door.

We headed down the hall to our prep room. After half an hour of prep we headed to the backstage because our performance was next.

BigBang came down from the stage and saw me.

“Jae? You’re the girl group debuting next?” Seungri looked at me.

I smiled at them.

“Good luck!” Daesung told all of us.

“Thanks,” I smiled.

We headed up to the stage and the song went perfectly. My rap and high notes were spot on and so were my dance moves. Our group debuted well.

“Good job!” T.O.P. said as we came off the stage.

“Thanks, T.O.P.,” I said.

“Come to our prep room. Ji Yong wants to see you,” T.O.P. said.

“Okay,” I looked at Gigi and Gia who nodded.

As soon as we got there GD swept me up in a hug.

“Congrats on your debut!” he smirked.

“Thanks, GD,” I laughed.

“We want you to greet us and introduce yourselves as you will do at your concerts,” Taeyang smirked.

“Guys,” I pouted.

“Na-uh,” Seungri smiled.

“Fine,” I said and looked at the girls.

“Gi! Gigi! Gia! Annyeonghaseyo, we are G3!” we said all together.

“Annyeonghaseyo! I’m Gi. I’m the leader and I’m in charge of dance, vocals, and rap,” I smiled.

“Annyeonghaseyo! I’m Gigi. I’m in charge of vocals,” Gigi smiled.

“Annyeonghaseyo! I’m Gia! I’m the maknae and I’m in charge of vocals and being cute,” Gia smiled and did aegyo.

The guys all clapped.

GD came over to me and hugged me again.

“So, how did you come up with the name Gi?” GD smirked.

“I had a little inspiration,” I smiled.

“I like how that sounds. Gi and GD,” He kissed me.

“Me too,” I smirked and accepted the kiss.

Everyone looked at us and smiled.

“So did you guys just get together? Or have you been together all this time?” Daesung asked.

“We have been together since I joined the company,” I smiled.

“We just didn’t want to tell anyone and we snuck dates here and there,” GD said.

“Hyung! You should've told us!” Seungri whined.

“Yeah, Gi!” Gigi smacked the back of my head.

“Sorry, eonni,” I said rubbing the back of my head.

“She’s older than you?” T.O.P. asked.

“Yeah. She’s your age, oppa,” I smiled.

“Ya!” Gigi slapped my head again.

“I know you like him,” I whispered to her.

“I-I,” Gigi couldn’t deny it.

“Eonni, let me help. Please?” I said giving her aegyo.

“Okay, but only because you did aegyo,” Gigi smiled.

“Yay!” I said.

“What?” GD asked me.

“I get to help T.O.P. and Gigi get together!” I whispered in his ear.

He looked at T.O.P. and then at Gigi and smiled.

“Shall we get to work?” GD smirked.