“Ephemeral” [adjective]: lasting for a short period of time

A Detailed Explorer’s Guide into the Unknown

 

 

 

 

IT HAS COME TO MY ATENTION THAT THE PREVIOUS CHAPER HAD STILL BEEN IN DRAFT MODE I AM SO SORRY I DIDN'T REALIZE THIS IT WAS UPDATED OVER 2 WEEKS AGO PLEASE GO BACK TO READ IT

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoongi stretches, slowly waking from a deep and wonderful sleep. Warmth envelopes him; there’s sunlight on his skin. The air has a wonderful freshness to it- like the windows were opened right after rain- the air clean and faintly fragrant, somehow strangely familiar. The blankets are the right weight, his pillow soft and at the perfect height, and-

‘Yoongi?’

It’s followed by a small quiet laugh, and a hand gently cupping his face, while another curves around his waist. A warm weight settles down on him, and Yoongi adjusts his legs to accommodate this very welcome intrusion. Then, there’s a light kiss pressed to his chin.

‘Open your eyes.’

Yoongi just wraps Jimin closer to himself, pulling him down with his legs. Jimin laughs, balancing himself properly before he’s hovering a little above him.

‘Yoongi,’ Jimin says quietly, smile evident in his tone, ‘Open your eyes?’

‘Sunshine,’ Yoongi smiles back, reaching up blindly to touch Jimin’s face.

He feels Jimin move a little, repositioning himself until he’s cradling Yoongi’s head in his arms and kissing his face softly. Yoongi lifts his hands to smooth down Jimin’s torso, feeling the warm expanse of skin under his palms. He digs just a little under the ribs, making Jimin chuckle breathlessly before coming to wrap around his lower back.

‘Open your eyes.’

Yoongi takes a moment before he slowly opens his eyes.

The light of the sun is warm and rosy, the colour on Jimin’s cheeks are soft and delicate. The sunlight seems to catch every single strand of hair and with each tiny movement, Jimin is surrounded by a delicate wispy halo of fractured light.

‘Hi pretty,’ Jimin smiles.

‘Me?’ Yoongi mumbles out, feeling slightly dazed.

Jimin nods, his halo of light sparkling.

‘You should see yourself.’ Yoongi trails his fingers up and down slowly. Jimin flushes with colour, eyes darting about in an embarrassed way.

‘I think I can see it,’ Jimin tells him, almost bashful.

Yoongi grins, his hands a bit more purposeful, feeling the need to touch Jimin even more. He stops low on his back, fingers softly feeling the prominent dips there.

Jimin squirms just a little, face still flushed, playing idly with Yoongi’s left ear.

‘You have the dimples of Venus,’ Yoongi tells him, unable to look away. Jimin is still funnily bashful, but this gets his attention as he stops squirming and asks, ‘What’s that?’

‘These,’ Yoongi presses down a little bit on the spots. ‘Dimples on your lower back. On Earth, we called them the Dimples of Venus.’

‘I…I don’t think we have a name for them like that,’ Jimin lowers himself, disentangling his arms to lay on Yoongi’s chest, hands cushioning his chin. ‘I think in anatomy, yes.’

‘Venus was the Roman goddess of love,’ Yoongi explains, ‘The Romans were a very ancient civilization- they worshipped a ton of gods. And Venus, supposedly had these. It’s like, a sign.’

‘Of what?’ Jimin laughs, legs kicking up a little, feet in the air.

‘Uh, iness?’ Yoongi frowns in thought.

Jimin laughs, his whole body shaking Yoongi’s.

‘That’s funny,’ Jimin grins, ‘That’s so funny!’

‘Yeah?’ Yoongi brings his arms higher to wrap around Jimin properly, turning them over to their sides.

Jimin nods, still beaming at him as if he’s just so incredibly funny- like he was making him happy.

‘Good,’ Yoongi manages to get out, feeling oddly accomplished.

He brings Yoongi’s hand under his cheek, nuzzling a little as he smiles at him. It makes Yoongi’s chest strain with the outburst of emotions filling him up.

‘You’re…you’re really pretty,’ Yoongi gets out.

Jimin laughs again, twisting his face into Yoongi’s palm.

‘I’m being honest!’ Yoongi feels a sense of mortification but also he really doesn’t have much of a filter on him. ‘You’re very pretty- beautiful. Radiant.’

Jimin looks at him like he’s silly, but Yoongi can feel the heat of the colour that blossoms across his face again.

And Yoongi is feeling too much.

Everything is perfect around them.

The sun is shining into the room, the windows open and there’s a gentle breeze. The wood of the furniture gleam warmly, the potted plants and cactus are vibrant- cared for and tended. The books in the shelves are worn from frequent reading, the frames capture precious memories- important memories. The long shawl flung over the couch to the side has covered snuggling bodies, with the lamps on the nightstands illuminating quiet and peaceful nights. The carpet by the edges of the bed are frayed a little from frequent trodding, and the wooden floors under the chair of the desk are scratched.

Everything is perfect.

‘This is…this is everything,’ Yoongi tells Jimin quietly.

‘What do you mean?’

‘This,’ Yoongi replies, ‘This is everything I could ever want.’

Jimin smiles at him- but it’s not the same beaming one. Rather it’s tinged with sadness.

‘I don’t want to go,’ Yoongi confesses.

The curtains sway slowly, a morning breeze stirring outside. Yoongi feels it on his skin seconds later, feels Jimin shiver a little. Yoongi pulls him closer, cocooning him in his arms before turning him completely over to his back.

‘I want to stay here,’ Yoongi says into his kiss, ‘Don’t leave, let’s just stay here.’

Jimin laughs, eyes crinkling as he says, ‘Yoongi we will have to wake up soon-.‘

‘I could convince you to stay,’ Yoongi whispers against his mouth. Jimin’s hands which where bracing himself against Yoongi’s chest slowly track downwards, tracing invisible lines down his chest to his hips.

‘I think- I think you could very easily convince me,’ Jimin replies breathlessly as Yoongi mirrors Jimin’s hands, trailing his fingertips down Jimin’s chest, abdomen, and to his thighs.

‘Then stay here with me,’ Yoongi whispers, leaving a kiss on lips before lowering his head down to his throat.

Jimin lets out a soft gasp

‘Stay with me.’ Yoongi whispers against his sternum, littering kisses down his chest to the soft expanse of his abdomen and lower down.

‘Just stay.’

And Jimin- well, Jimin can’t say no.

Because he doesn’t want to leave either.

He wants to stay here- in this perfect little space- made just for them, built by them, made by them.

He wants to live each moment of his life in this beautiful space where everything reminds him of Yoongi.

He wants this so much.

Also Yoongi is very convincing.

‘What’s that?’ Jimin asks much later, when the sun is no longer shining through their bedroom window but rather out in the hallway. The windows were now framing a tranquil blue sky, just darkening a little over the horizon, large tall clouds veined with liquid gold breaking up the blue.

Jimin can hear trees moving alongside a gentle breeze.

Yoongi’s hair is still damp from their bath, even though Jimin’s is thoroughly dried and combed through. Something Yoongi seemed to have a lot of fun doing, using a rather clunky looking device to direct hot air at Jimin’s hair. Jimin had sat at the edge of their bed, bare feet occasionally pressing over Yoongi’s as he stepped here and there, drying his hair.

Yoongi had taken to showing him some of Earth’s old technology. Jimin had been amused by the hair drying machine, and wanted to see others.

They’re at the kitchen, and Yoongi is showing something called a rice cooker.

‘It uses electricity to heat the water, that then boils the rice to cook?’ Jimin recites, looking into the unimpressive device.

Yoongi nods, grinning at him as though amused by his nonplussed expression. Jimin pokes his bare unmarked and unscarred ribs in retaliation, making Yoongi squeak. Yoongi hadn’t bothered wearing a shirt, and when Jimin had asked why, wondering if it was to , he had instead said ‘everything in perfect in here, I want you to see me being somewhat close to that- in at least this way.’

Yoongi takes him back to the bedroom and sits him at the desk, pulling out little drawers and small boxes stored up in the many cabinets of the desk.

‘We actually didn’t use these anymore,’ Yoongi tells him, lining up some thin and slender tubes before him. They looked like some form of writing apparatus- not too different from what Jimin used as a child. ‘For a very long time- but they came back as novelty items I guess- a throw back?’

Yoongi finds a bottle of ink and some lose paper before unscrewing one of the writing apparatus and dipping in the shiny tip.

‘This is how you would write your name in one of the languages on Earth,’ Yoongi tells him, sitting down to share the seat with him.

‘What does yours look like?’

Yoongi indulges him and write out his own name.

‘This is my name in my tongue,’ Jimin takes the device- oddly lighter than he expected, and carefully pulls the characters of his name. ‘And this is yours.’

‘I like it,’ Yoongi smiles at the still shining letters, wet from the ink. ‘That’s pretty.’

‘That pronounces the Yoo in your name,’ Jimin explains. ‘What is this called?’

‘It’s a fountain pen,’ Yoongi replies.

‘Seems like an odd thing to recreate as a novelty item,’ Jimin ruminates.

‘There’s actually a lot of funny stories behind fountain pens,’ Yoongi grins at him, twirling the device around his unscarred fingers. ‘For a while, Humans were obsessed with hiding “weapons” inside fountain pens. Like, I dunno, laser-pens, strong enough to cut through metal.’

Jimin laughs, looking down at the device.

‘Humans used to once use feathers as pens- this is a massive upgrade, a piece of history and culture,’ Yoongi holds the pen loftily. Jimin just laughs at Yoongi’s pedantic tone. He used this tone when he made up stories either to trick and confuse Sk’jin, or to tease Taeh’yung and Jungkook. He removes the pen from Yoongi’s hand and laces their fingers together instead, kissing Yoongi’s hand softly in the process.

They sit on that chair quietly after that; it’s not the most comfortable, but they’re both soaking in the normalcy- or at least, their attempt at normalcy. For a life they wish they could be living.

‘The sun’s going down,’ Jimin notes, the room dimming slightly and the skies outside the windows turning an inky blue. ‘You wanna go up and watch the stars?’

‘Yeah,’ Yoongi turns his head around to press his lips to Jimin’s temple. ‘Let’s go.’

Jimin stands up, stretching a little because that was a slightly awkward angle to sit in. But Yoongi doesn’t follow him just yet, tugging a little at their hands and making Jimin turn around.

Jimin just watches Yoongi as he switches on the small desk-lamp, wondering what the Human was up to.

‘Here,’ Yoongi takes his hand again, smiling to himself as though a little amused. He picks up the fountain pen again and angling Jimin’s hand, taps on his second last finger. Jimin holds it up a little higher than the others and watches with some confusion as he runs the tip of the pen around the circumference of his finger.

‘Are you giving me a…’ Jimin racks his mind for the correct word, ‘A tattoo?’

Yoongi finishes the slightly wobbly line and shakes his head, ‘It’ll wash off.’

‘What is it for?’ Jimin holds up his hand, wriggling his fingers to look at the black line, making an odd ring around his finger. He used to enjoy drawing markings across his skin when he was younger- something he did with his guards. A lot of cultures permanently stained their skin in this manner, but Jimin’s not sure what Yoongi’s purpose was in doing this.

‘Just a Human thing,’ Yoongi explains, looking far too pleased.

‘Should I do it too?’ Jimin smiles at him. Yoongi looked so pleased with himself; if this was a funny joke, he wanted to be part of it too. But somehow it makes Yoongi flush, scratching the back of his neck as he says, ‘Yeah, I guess if you want?’

Jimin dips the fountain pen back in the ink bottle and holds his hand out for Yoongi’s.

‘The same one?’

Yoongi nods, eyes twinkling.

Then, with a much steadier hand, Jimin draws the circle around Yoongi’s second finger as well. Yoongi takes his hand, with the marking, and kisses it lightly.

The smile on Yoongi’s face warms Jimin from the depths of his soul.

‘Is this some secret you want to tease me with?’ Jimin asks, nudging his shoulder against Yoongi’s as they walk out of the bedroom.

‘Maybe,’ Yoongi grins, quickly ducking into one of the smaller rooms for that soft yellow blanket.

‘I should tease you with one too,’ Jimin makes a mock face of concentration. ‘I’ll do it once I think of it.’

Yoongi takes his hand again and they trek up the stairs.

The front door remains firmly shut, much to Jimin’s quiet and hidden relief.

They sit on the wooden floors, the missing wall opening up to a vast and starry night. And unlike in the bath, Yoongi pulls Jimin down to sit in front of him, reversing their roles. Jimin leans back, reassured by the strength that supported him. Yoongi wraps the blanket over them, enveloping them in this moment.

‘I love this,’ Yoongi whispers.

‘Yeah?’

‘Hm,’ Yoongi pulls Jimin closer, resting his chin onto his shoulder. ‘This really is everything.’

Jimin turns his head a little to kiss Yoongi’s cheek, wrapping his arms over the Humans.

They sit their in silence, watching the stars overtake the sky, the last of the sunlight ebbing away completely. If Jimin listens closely, he can hear the stars singing, the dark expanses between their light hollow and echoing voices of a past that memory clung to.

Jimin also picks up another sound- a hum; of a ship, movement of Beings in their vicinity.

‘Yoongi-‘ Jimin says quietly, breaking the soothing tranquility around them and Jimin hates it.

‘I know,’ Yoongi says quietly, his arms tightening a little around him, ‘Can we stay until the moon comes up?’

Jimin smiles, watching the distant horizon past the gentle vast sea lightening up a little, the edges of the water turning silver.

‘Of course.’

They watch the slow climb of the moon, silver light glowing faintly.

‘It’s waning,’ Yoongi remarks as the moon is up in the sky, a reflection rippling the surface of the sea.

A sudden chill erupts down Jimin’s back.

‘It’s-…’ Jimin’s voice is stuck in his throat.

‘I like the shape of crescents the most,’ Yoongi continues, as though unaware of the weight of his words.

‘I wish it would always be just like this,’ Jimin whispers.

Jimin wakes up slowly. It’s much darker, the air more still and contained though just as cool. The distinct faint hum of the ship fills the air as well, instead of plants rustling in the early morning breeze. The space around him isn’t as dark as a starlit sky- no waning moon shining around him.

There’s a weight on him- comforting; a weight Jimin now knows intimately, thoroughly.

Yoongi’s arms are wrapped just a little above his hips, his face pressed against the softest pudge of his abdomen. Jimin smiles down at the Human, moving his arms to properly cradle his head gently, fingers combing through his soft hair.

The scars were back. And Jimin wants to press his lips to them again to tell Yoongi he didn’t care- that he didn’t mind; that Yoongi was already so so perfect. The scars were back, and so was the tiredness, the strange stretch in the force that held Yoongi together-

Jimin pauses. Jimin pushes himself up higher, smile slipping from his face as Yoongi doesn’t stir.

He couldn’t sense anything.

No strain- no echo trapped, there was nothing.

‘Yoongi?’

Yoongi shifts but it’s with a strange stiffness that Jimin recognizes, one that he has seen so many time-

‘Yoongi!?’

His hands are trembling as he shakes the supposedly slumbering Human- and that’s when Jimin realizes Yoongi’s skin isn’t warm. It’s warm where he’s sharing contact with him, but his back, his arms, his curled legs – they’re all cold.

‘Yoongi!’

Then, as though this was all quite normal, Yoongi stirs. The strange stiffness over his body melting away like vapor, he exhales normally, eyelids fluttering just a little before they open.

It only takes a long second for Yoongi to spring into action.

‘What’s wrong?’ Yoongi demands, crawling up towards Jimin as though to shield him with his body.

But Jimin can’t answer- his hands won’t stop trembling and his voice is stuck in his throat.

Yoongi seems to realize nothing is immediately wrong as he relaxes just a little bit, letting up his protective stance over Jimin just a bit.

‘Sunshine?’

It’s waning.’

‘You-‘ Jimin manages to get out, allowing Yoongi to pull away just a little, studying him with concern, touching his side where his bruises were still dark, as though wondering if he were in pain.

‘You didn’t wake up.’

Yoongi stops his quiet and quick check up of Jimin, hands pausing over hips. Yoongi doesn’t seem to know what to say.

‘Is it-…’ Jimin doesn’t move, doesn’t look away. ‘Is it difficult…to wake up?’

Yoongi looks away, hands slowly drawing away before he settles himself down next to Jimin again.

Then slowly, he nods.

‘Oh,’ Jimin exhales out shakily.

‘I won’t leave you,’ Yoongi says almost inaudibly. ‘I will follow, I will always follow.’

Yoongi finally looks at him.

‘Sunshine,’ Yoongi raises his hand and places it gently over Jimin’s chest, right above where his heart pulsed painfully. ‘I will always find you.’

Jimin knows what was beating in his chest.

Borrowed.

Given.

Jimin was going to be very careful- tender, and gentle.

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

Jungkook wakes up with Taeh’yung draped over him.

‘Hm?’

He’s a little confused as to how Taeh’yung was here with him. But from the looks of it, and with some sniffing, Taeh’yung’s been in here with him for a while.

Jungkook feels better. He’s still tired, his body feels weak; but the fogginess of his mind is gone, and his stomach is growling. So that was why he woke up.

He flinches a little at the thought of food. But he remembers that he’s able to get his food anytime he wanted.

Carefully, not wanting to wake Taeh’yung or the restless shadows around them, Jungkook sits up. Taeh’yung lets out a small whimper, as though pained, before curling in on himself on the bed. Jungkook is gripped with worry. Taeh’yung didn’t smell sick- just…just weakened. Like putting too much water into his favourite bone broth. Jungkook pulls the blanket over Taeh’yung carefully, tucking it under his feet the way Sk’jin liked to when he tucked Jungkook in. After a second, he decides to flip the pillow Taeh’yung was using, allowing the cooler side to cushion the Zhak’gri’s head. Jungkook loves pillows, and he’s sure Taeh’yung would appreciate them as well. So he gathers some of the extra ones from around the bed, and puts it around Taeh’yung’s unconscious form.

‘Jungkook?’

Or at least Jungkook thought he was unconscious.

But Taeh’yung’s voice isn’t exactly coming from the Zhak’gri. And on second thought, it didn’t sound exactly like Taeh’yung either.

Jungkook had been too occupied in making Taeh’yung as comfortable as he could to notice immediately. The shadows have moved from their restless spots, gathering around him like solid statues of strangely ominous shadows just a little past his peripheral vision.

Jungkook is not spooked by moving shadows and shapes- he’s seen and felt worse than the possibility of blurred shadows and movements. But he knows these shadows aren’t just ordinary shadows- that there’s more to them. So he just ignores them for now, instead busying himself with adjusting the sleeves of Taeh’yung’s borrowed shirt that had rolled up uncomfortably high. Taeh’yung didn’t have any bandages or medicine on him, so Jungkook’s not sure where his injuries are.

‘Kookie?’

The shadows snap away, the air lighter, and this time it really is Taeh’yung.

Jungkook doesn’t realize he was so strained where he was kneeling. He exhales slowly, looking over at Taeh’yung. He’s just barely awake, eyes glinting in the low light.

‘Are you sick?’ Jungkook asks.

Taeh’yung nods, looking upset.

‘Can I help? Are you hungry?’ Jungkook asks, crouching low on the bed.

Taeh’yung just smiles at him, ‘No Kookie, it’s okay. I’ll be better soon.’

‘Are you sure?’ Jungkook asks as Taeh’yung unearths one hand and reaches for Jungkook’s hand. He takes it in his immediately, ‘Should I call Hobi? Are you sure you don’t want food?’

Taeh’yung smiles again with a small nod, ‘I’ll be okay Kookie. Thank you for taking care of me.’

Jungkook’s not sure if he’s done anything to really help Taeh’yung but he nods, albeit hesitantly.

‘I can hear your stomach,’ Taeh’yung grins, ‘Go eat. I’ll come join you later, okay?’

Jungkook nods before asking, ‘Are you uh, comfortable? Do you need anything else?’

‘No Kookie, thank you,’ Taeh’yung mumbles, eyes sparkling with tears, immediately making Jungkook panic.

‘Are you hurting?’ Jungkook asks at once, ready to yell for help.

‘No,’ Taeh’yung says thickly, squirming a little, ‘I’m so happy that you finally do love me now.’

Jungkook narrows his eyes at Taeh’yung before he laughs.

‘I told you you would love me,’ Taeh’yung pouts, ‘You were so afraid of me.’

‘I was afraid of everyone,’ Jungkook confesses.

‘Except Jiminie,’ Taeh’yung says, sounding very much like a child. ‘But now you love me too, so it’s okay.’

Jungkook grins down at the Zhak’gri, slowly getting off the bed so as to not jostle him too much. Taeh’yung was fine.

‘I think I love Sk’jin, Jimin, Hobi, and Namjoon a bit more.’

Taeh’yung gasps in mock horror.

‘Wait- but more than Yoongi?’ Taeh’yung’s eyes gleam, teasing him.

Jungkook pretends to think before he nods, his face flushing with heat at being so obvious.

Taeh’yung cheers.

‘But-‘ Jungkook hastens to say, fiddling his his fingers, ‘I uh, love all of you. Equally. Want to protect, all of you. Like family.’

He has no idea when it happened, but Taeh’yung is sitting up, kneeling on the mattress before him. He nuzzles into the side of his face, smile wide and fond.

‘Precious Kookie,’ Taeh’yung beams at him, ‘I would destroy the universe for you.’

Jungkook doesn’t know if Taeh’yung is joking or not but he manages to put him back to bed, tucking him in again. Taeh’yung is knocked out again by the time Jungkook steps out of the room.

He vaguely remembers the hallway, remembers walking about in a medically induced stupor of sorts. It was similar to how it was when his hunger used to get the better of him, back in the caves in Ynqaba. But here, he felt safe- knew that he was protected and watched over.

Shuffling on the spot a little, Jungkook sniffs the air a little before deciding to go down left in the hallway. He doesn’t hear anything.

Hesitantly, Jungkook makes his way across the hallway. He pauses a few times, fiddling with one ear where he normally had a Comm Device. He quells the urge to call out for anyone- not quite trusting his voice to be steady. There’s a stillness in the air that makes him a little uncomfortable despite knowing he’s safe. He picks up on faint hints of Sk’jin, Hoseok, Namjoon, Yoongi, and Jimin from different doors. But he can tell that no one is inside any of the doorways. He stops at the platform between stairs that either go up or down, a lift before him. He hears faint movement coming from downstairs and so he follows it.

He recognizes this Lobby. He had been inside the Medical Bays opposite where he was standing. One of the couches has recently been vacated, Jungkook notes. The Kitchen area was recently also vacated, plates and other utensils stacked up near the sink. Jungkook’s rumbling stomach redirects him to towards the Kitchen and he looks around the pantry for something he can snack on for now until he can find the others. He finds a neatly stored tray of something that smells lovely. He’s not sure what meat it is, but Jungkook’s mouth is watering. He steps out of the pantry and comes face to face with an unfamiliar face, but a familiar scent.

This was one of the GI that had snuck into the Užkulisai back in Grisial.

Jungkook’s vision shifts, everything blurring but the GI standing in stark detail.

He looks completely well, no hostility in his form. But Jungkook hadn’t sensed hostility in the GI when he fought them before. And Jungkook doesn’t know what to think of it- what to think of them. He doesn’t know what to do- he was aware that they would be here, in this ship; it was the GI’s ship after all. But Jungkook’s skin prickles, his pulse rocketing.

He has half the mind to attack, to take down this strange and unknown threat before him. But at the same time-

‘Kookie?’

Jungkook starts- his vision clearing. He stops growling from his throat- he hadn’t even realized he was doing it.

A wonderfully familiar form appears from behind the GI, wearing soft purple clothes, pink hair sticking up on one side, skin dewy as though just washed. Sk’jin looks a little concerned but he’s smiling fondly.

‘Sk’jin?’

‘Hey,’ the Khol’isa smiles at him, stepping around the GI. ‘Were you trying to eat the flank I was marinating?’

Jungkook looks at the tray in his hands, the handles bent under his fingers.

Sk’jin just laughs, taking the tray from him and pulling him to his side. Jungkook relaxes, only just noticing the GI’s retreating figure. He quickly pulls the Khol’isa into a tight embrace.

‘Come on Kook, I’ll make us something to eat okay?’

Jungkook sits obediently to the side as Sk’jin goes about grabbing a few large trays and pans.

‘Do you need to change your bandages?’ Sk’jin asks looking at him, ‘Any discomfort?’

Jungkook shakes his head. He had peaked into his bandages and patches of tissue-plast on his sides and legs. They were healing nicely, scabbing over in a healthy way.

‘Let me look,’ Sk’jin puts down the trays and walks over to Jungkook. He gently pries the bandages, prods along the sensitive slightly inflamed skin gently.

‘You’re healing up,’ Sk’jin smiles at him, patting his knee to tell him he could lower it now.

‘You smell like you were in the sun,’ Jungkook remarks, sniffing a little.

‘I was taking up some UV,’ Sk’jin explains, now hefting a massive leg of meat from the storage cells in the pantry. He retrieves a massive saw-like knife before neatly hacking through the thick meat and bone. ‘I’ll have this thawed and slightly seared, let’s render the fat a little.’

Jungkook nods enthusiastically, mouth watering even more.

‘Kookie?’

Jungkook jumps a little when Jimin appears, followed shortly by Yoongi. Jimin runs towards him, bright smile on his face. Jungkook hops off his stool and quickly scuttles over to accept Jimin’s extending arms.

‘Feeling better?’ Jimin asks him, holding his face as though to check him for injury. Jungkook does the same.

Yoongi is smiling at him, reaching over to gently pat his shoulder before walking over to where Sk’jin was struggling with the massive leg of meat.

Jungkook vaguely remembers Yoongi’s worried face through a feverish haze. Remembers frantic and helpless eyes.

‘Is Taeh’yung with you?’

‘He was sleeping,’ Jungkook explains, ‘I think he’s okay?’

Jimin nods to that, ruffling his hair and saying, ‘I’ll go check on him then.’

Jungkook realizes that he has to bend a little at his back to allow Jimin to touch the top of his head now. When he shuffles back to his stool, Sk’jin has roped the Human into helping him.

‘We have more mouths to feed and I still only have 2 hands,’ Sk’jin is telling Yoongi who is grumbling under his breath. ‘Do you have something to say about this?’

‘Not at all,’ Yoongi mumbles, giving Jungkook a brief look of exasperation.

‘Here Kookie, you can snack on this for the meanwhile,’ Sk’jin hefts a similar tray from earlier to the table and Jungkook moves closer. ‘You haven’t eaten in a while, so go slowly, there’s still more okay?’

Jungkook nods, sitting down the same time 2 other GI sit down as well, making him flinch. Sk’jin jumps a foot in the air, cursing under his breath while Yoongi guffaws.

‘Is anyone allergic to anything?’ Sk’jin calls out, ‘Once I made my most amazing spectacular stew, and it had several leaves of zawntra in it, and a few of my friends caught the most terrible stomach flu.’

‘Your friends were most unfortunate,’ Yoongi quips.

‘You have no say in the matter Mr. Poisons-Everything-In-Front-Of-Him-Yoongi.’ Sk’jin sing-songs.

‘Which has saved us many times,’ Yoongi retorts without pause.

Sk’jin looks like he’s about to throw his ladle at Yoongi.

‘No helmets at the table!’ Sk’jin points his ladle at the GI instead.

The GI remove their helmets after a delayed 3 seconds. Jungkook catches Yoongi glancing over at the GI, his expression saddening. Did Yoongi recognize them? Or was he just sad because there were other GI here, similar to himself, similar to Jungkook.

Sk’jin and Yoongi argue the entire time they’re cooking, throwing half-formed insults and snide remarks here and there. But neither of them seem to mind, looking amused and smiling when the other isn’t looking. It’s kinda funny, Jungkook notes.

Jimin and Taeh’yung return- Taeh’yung looking refreshed but still weakened, and Jimin with half of his clothes wet.

‘Taeh’yung slipped in the shower, so I had to help him,’ Jimin answers both of Yoongi’s and Sk’jin’s questioning looks.

‘Oh! Babies!’ Taeh’yung gasps, looking at the GI, wincing as he hurries to them and hugs them. ‘Precious babies!’

Sk’jin looks a little scandalized but doesn’t question it, instead heaving over a massive pot towards the table with Yoongi’s help. The GI are…well, unaffected, by this display of affection being heaved upon them by Taeh’yung.

‘Hey! Y’all at the Bridge who didn’t lift a finger to help! Come eat!’ Sk’jin yells, causing Yoongi to flinch, screwing up his face at the Khol’isa.

Jungkook watches with wide eyes as the GI pile in, without Sk’jin noticing. He’s not sure if he should warn him, but before he can, Yoongi throws him a small wink, handing Sk’jin a few bowls. On instinct, or at least with the flow of the whole thing, Sk’jin takes the bowls and starts ladling in the stew. It’s only when he takes the 9th bowl from Yoongi that he looks up in confusion.

Yoongi saves his the bowl of stew in Sk’jin’s hand as the Khol’isa jumps so much he splashes Jungkook, Jimin and Taeh’yung with some stew.

‘You did call of them,’ Yoongi points out.

Sk’jin actually does smack Yoongi with the ladle as Taeh’yung and Jimin laugh, wiping stew off of their clothes. This is when Hoseok chooses to drop in.

‘Do…I want to know what happened…’

Sk’jin levels him a look and says with a smile that doesn’t reach his eyes, ‘Everything is perfectly fine.’

‘Hobi!’ Taeh’yung makes himself small, arms held out to the Ngfy’widan. Hoseok grins down at him, walking over to cuddle him where he sat.

‘Feeling better buggy?’ Taeh’yung makes his eyes somehow larger, sparkling brightly, nodding in reply.

Hoseok reaches over to ruffle Jungkook’s hair, sitting down as well.  

‘Namjoon?’ Yoongi inquires, handing out a bowl towards Hoseok and taking Jungkook’s in turn.

‘He’s coming down in a moment- I think as we’re all awake and I think, ready for a meeting, we can get some stuff sorted out; make sure we’re all on the same page.’ Hoseok replies.

‘Here Kook,’ Yoongi hands him back his much bigger bowl and Jungkook digs in enthusiastically. He didn’t necessarily like food that was too cooked, but Sk’jin had added some of the meat from before into the stew just for him, so Jungkook is very satisfied.

‘Ah, Kookie,’ Hoseok grins, ‘Makes me happy to see you eat so well.’

Jungkook looks down at his massive bowl, feeling a little flustered.

‘Here,’ Hoseok adds, holds out a Comm Device towards him, ‘Buggy, where’s yours? I gave you one earlier.’

Taeh’yung looks over his own bowl, smaller and with only the liquid of the stew in it, smiling apologetically at Hoseok.

‘We can track it later,’ Hoseok rolls his eyes.

‘It’s here,’ Namjoon calls as he steps out of the lift, 4 of the GI behind him. ‘Nineti found it upstairs.’

The GI in question walks over to Taeh’yung and hands him the Comm Device and accepts the bowl from Yoongi with only a 2 second delay.

Jungkook notices how Jimin watches after the GI, an openly melancholic expression on his face. He must have known the GI- at least, some version of him from the past. But as Namjoon sits down next to Jimin he gives him a small one-armed hug, making Jimin smile at him, his expression settling.

Namjoon sips on some blue-green drink that Sk’jin immediately denies making though no one asked as they eat their meal.

Hoseok is praising Sk’jin and Yoongi on the stew, while Namjoon is explaining something to both Jimin and Taeh’yung about an ingredient in the stew to their genuine interest. Yoongi keeps piling food into everyone’s plates, moving silently and quickly to the point where Hoseok stares at his bowl in confusion, unsure where the added food came in from.

Jungkook allows himself to fully encompass this moment- allows himself to breathe in everything, everyone. They were all together again- complete and whole.

Everyone seemed so much sure- either of themselves, or of something. Like they came to accept things- learned more, understood more- and with them, Jungkook feels stronger despite all of the bruises and wounds.

‘Kookie, you want some more?’ Sk’jin is already holding his hand out for Jungkook’s bowl.

‘Yes!’

 

 

*

 

 

Sk’jin is very much slipping into a food comma but well, meetings.

Jungkook is also not faring too well, slumping against Hoseok looking sleepily satisfied. Hoseok was right. Watching Jungkook eat so happily really was nice to see. Though the GI really did a number on the cooked food. But they were at least, unlike the other 6, willing to do the dishes.

‘This is most delicious,’ one of them had said to Sk’jin after he nearly screamed at her sudden appearance. ‘You are my favourite.’

Favourite what Sk’jin isn’t sure. But he’ll take it. Maybe he could use it to his advantage. Didn’t someone once say the way to a Being’s heart is through their stomach?

‘Sk’jin!’

Sk’jin blinks away his food-induced stupor, looking around to find that Namjoon is watching him with badly veiled impatience.

Clearing his throat and adjusting the waist of his trousers discreetly, Sk’jin asks, ‘Yes, sorry, what was that?’

‘We were discussing the anticore,’ Namjoon gestures to Hoseok. ‘Which I think, you’ll find very interesting.’

If he had any more energy, Sk’jin would have maybe rolled his eyes and maybe said something but he simply suppresses a burp, shifting his gaze towards Hoseok instead.

‘Our suspicions were confirmed,’ Hoseok states, ‘I was studying the anticore with the GI, and the one they used on Taeh’yung is most likely a Khol’isa anticore.’

This makes Sk’jin shiver where he sits.

‘Why is it effecting him so badly?’ Jimin asks worriedly, clearly holding Taeh’yung’s hand under the table.

‘The Khol’isa are old,’ Sk’jin states bluntly, ‘We’re one of the first species really- not as old as the Zhak’gri but-…but it makes sense that what would really destroy us, would wound Taeh’yung.’

‘Most anticore could take out a Human,’ Yoongi provides unhelpfully.

Everyone glares at him.

‘I-‘ Yoongi gulps nervously, ‘I meant- Humans are a young species, relatively speaking in terms of Standard and uh, well-‘

‘Yes, we get that,’ Namjoon grimaces at him, ‘Moving on- there is no Khol’isa anti-…anti-anticore here. And I don’t want anyone to experiment a dosage on Taeh’yung.’

‘Why are you looking at me?!’ Yoongi demands, looking affronted.

‘Listen, not all of us have a penchant for poisoning our team members,’ Sk’jin drawls out.

‘Hey-‘ Yoongi frowns but Hoseok cuts across saying, ‘No one is going to run hypothetical experiments – not even Taeh’yung himself.’

Taeh’yung looks sheepish.

‘See? Tell him!’ Yoongi jerks his thumb towards the Zhak’gri who doesn’t even pretend to look sheepish at this point.

‘We’re going off topic,’ Namjoon frowns, ‘Since Taeh’yung is now, unwell, so to speak, we need to make sure he recovers. And this has to be before we even think of going to Axudar.’ 

‘So, ultimately we are going then?’ Sk’jin asks.

‘We will eventually need to go to Axudar,’ Hoseok sighs out, ‘It’s only a matter of time- even after meeting with Jn’young, and hearing everything.’

‘I think that was what the Special Jury ultimately wanted also,’ Namjoon frowns, ‘It might be the reason why the Court even agreed to it.’

Yoongi grimaces at that. He most likely doesn’t want them going to Axudar.’

‘But I think we should go to Megibīya first,’ Hoseok begins, ‘Here, we can test to see if Jimin can get us through- maybe Prat’tna wasn’t able to because well- he’s from Megibīya isn’t he? He’s not some…uh, royalty.’

Jimin looks comically unimpressed. ‘If Prat’tna has said that the entry points into Menigišiti are closed or at least, completely damaged, then there is no way for us to enter at random. We were protected by a naturally occurring energy radiated by our sun Yino, and the natural resonance that guided our planets in orbit. We developed technology that allowed us to have several entry points. Megibīya was a natural entry-point, as well as Akramana, but Megibīya was further away. The only reason why it was a natural entry-point is because it was too far from the strength of our orbital resonance to fully conceal. Akramana was fully protected, but Megibīya was constantly exposed,’ Jimin explains, ‘There’s no way of entering Menigišiti through Megibīya.’

‘I think we stand to gain a lot by going to Megibīya,’ Hoseok says gently, ‘I know it will be difficult- for the two of your especially, but a lot happened there, that we could discover and understand with our new found understanding.’

‘I’m not saying we shouldn’t consider going to Megibīya,’ Jimin says earnestly, ‘I’m just saying that if the entry-points are closed, and the only way to access it is using the ships from Axudar, because someone clearly had the Akaraman engineers rewire and change the cells we used to stabilize the entry-points.’

‘But what about Megibīya itself?’ Yoongi asks, ‘Would it be safe to go? Won’t they expect us? Camil had said they reported Jimin’s presence. They said they would be ready to welcome him home. What if going to Megibīya is a trap. And they’re waiting for us there.’

‘So uh- I have an idea actually,’ Hoseok begins, looking a little shifty as he says so. Both Yoongi and Namjoon squint at him suspiciously. ‘I am not saying we should do this. There are a lot of variables in this that are unaccounted for, that cannot be accounted for, and all of that. What if we-‘

‘-allow ourselves to be captured?’ Sk’jin supplies.

‘What?’ Namjoon looks at both of them like they’ve gone mad.

‘Listen- I’m not saying this is the plan,’ Hoseok grimaces, waving his hand in a placating manner that doesn’t help.

‘The Beings of Menigišiti revolted against Jimin and his sister,’ Yoongi states crisply, ‘They surgically altered themselves so that they could “take control of their own fates” – and now they are doing precisely that, knowing full well it was a result of cruelly sacrificing them to an unknown power in order to fulfill their desires!’

‘I understand what you’re saying,’ Hoseok says as levelly as he can, not even batting an eyelash at Yoongi’s stone-cold glare. ‘But I hope you understand that we have advantages that they don’t have. Advantages that Axudar does not have.’

‘What do you mean?’ Namjoon demands though he looks like he’s interested.

‘Like you said Yoongi, the citizens of Menigišiti certainly revolted against Jimin and his sister,’ Hoseok nods at Jimin, ‘They even went out of their way to alter their appearances- but they are not like Jimin or his sister.’

‘Hoseok-‘ Yoongi begins brusquely but Jimin stops him with a hand over his arm.

‘Jimin was able to completely bring a stadium of Beings- numbered at over 200,000, as well as the surrounding Beings into a dazed stupor.’ Hoseok says quickly, ‘We have Taeh’yung, although unwell, who could very much indeed destroy a moon if he wanted to.’

Taeh’yung brightens up at that, looking pleased with himself.

‘And we have the GI with us. Invisible and powerful- perfect for infiltration-‘

‘-I know what our skills are,’ Yoongi scowls.

‘And we have us- we know so much.’ Hoseok waves a hand around the table. ‘Am I saying this will be easy? No- am I saying we will be able to slide right into Axudar and get down to bottom of all of this just like that? No. What I am saying is that we can increase the chances of our success if we use what we have to our best advantage.’

There’s a long pause of silence.

‘What is your idea?’ Namjoon asks.

‘We move from Megibīya,’ Hoseok starts at once. ‘Like Yoongi said, it’s very likely they will be expecting us in Megibīya. In fact I’m sure that Axudar has some sort of outpost there, keeping watch over the planet. And from what we know, pirates like to occasionally stop here right?’

Namjoon nods.

‘It’s also very likely the point of exchange Camil had talked about during his interrogation,’ Hoseok continues, ‘Places where they would bring more “followers”, arrange meetings, even deliver and bring in more eggs.’

Namjoon nods to that, frowning a little in thought.

‘We run a stake out,’ Hoseok explains, ‘I don’t know how long it will take- but we wait for Axudar to appear. They might already be situated there- but we sneak in-‘

‘-also we do have the invisibility-shield,’ Namjoon ruminates.

‘Exactly,’ Hoseok nods, ‘If all of their systems have been changed, their security; their scanning system would too. And Jimin, you said it was old right?’

Jimin nods.

‘It’s unlikely that we’ll be detected,’ Hoseok explains, ‘We get in, stay low, and after scanning the place, we get Jimin to well, uh, hypnotize them. The same way he did with the agents that came for Yoongi. We stay there, kinda like parasites I guess, we run a reconnaissance right in the location while being there. We get into Axudar, right into the location we need to get into and-‘

‘Wait- there’s no guarantee that we will be going directly into Kaitūtei,’ Namjoon holds up his hand, ‘I suggest we use bait- and no,’ he looks at Yoongi, ‘I’m not talking about Jimin, or yourself. Camil clearly reported all of us back to Axudar. And they’ve probably done their extensive research, no doubt through connections they most definitely have in the GLA.’

‘Then who do you suggest?’ Jimin asks.

‘Sk’jin.’

Sk’jin genuinely chokes mid-inhale, nearly hacking out his lung.

‘What?!’ Jungkook speaks out for the first time.

‘There’s something I haven’t told you guys before,’ Namjoon says evenly, ‘Something Prat’tna brought up.’

Jimin looks at him with uncharacteristic sharpness in his eyes.

‘Prat’tna was sure that someone in the team was reporting back to Axudar- or at the least, back to someone who is under the influence of the Yisheng’s doctrine,’ Namjoon explains.

‘You cannot be serious-‘ Yoongi frowns, looking indignant.

‘And I believe it is someone from the Special Jury.’

Sk’jin stops coughing though his throat is still burning. Now that was a new take.

‘You’re saying that one of the Special Jury members-‘

‘-yeap.’

‘-so any anonymity we could have is-‘

-yeah.’

Hoseok frowns, pausing before he says, ‘Well, if that’s the case, then yeah, Sk’jin.’

‘I beg your pardon-‘ Sk’jin splutters out.

‘Sk’jin was there- in that planet, taken,’ Jimin suddenly says, ‘He’s…he’s encountered so much, broken so many laws-‘

‘-it’s not that many-‘

‘-laws of nature and science,’ Jimin adds, ‘He has been there, and back again, intact-‘

‘-I wouldn’t say that-‘

‘-intact in many ways,’ Jimin corrects, ‘He also has good defense- he’s cunning, intelligent- but he’s also-‘

‘Unique,’ Namjoon finishes. ‘If any of us were to try and put ourselves into this situation, likeliness of being killed instantly is very high.’

‘But with Sk’jin- even if they know it’s bait, they will still want to check him,’ Hoseok finalizes.

‘This is all very flattering,’ Sk’jin frowns, ‘But I protest.’

‘In this idea,’ Namjoon says with emphasis, ‘If we use Sk’jin as bait, and we proceed to make ourselves unknown to the situation and sneak in- we have direct access straight into Kaitūtei. I’m sure the new Great Council would be very interested in knowing what he had to say- or well, you know, probing into his mind.’

‘So glad you’re all so considerate of me.’

‘Also let’s consider the fact that Jn’young was able to escape Kaitūtei,’ Hoseok adds, ’He’s a Khol’isa- he was able to overpower so many of them, learn what they knew and look into their minds, so to speak- I think they’d be very interested in having a Khol’isa with them, especially considering they had an anti-core designed specially for them.’

‘In this idea,’ Sk’jin emphasizes lightly, ‘What is the next step of action?’

‘We would infiltrate the area, using Jimin’s abilities,’ Hoseok says at once, ‘However if push does come to shove, Taeh’yung can step in.’

‘What if they try to kill Sk’jin,’ Jungkook asks angrily.

‘They won’t because the Beings who would be in charge of Sk’jin’s arrest would be under Jimin’s influence.’

‘You’re assuming Jimin can indefinitely and infinitely use his abilities,’ Yoongi frowns, ‘He has a limit- and we don’t know how long the journey to Axudar will take. He could be exhausted by the time we’re there-‘

‘Like I said,’ Hoseok says loudly, ‘It was just an idea.’

‘I have an idea too,’ Taeh’yung declares, slumped over the table, chin balancing his head in what couldn’t necessarily be a comfortable position.

‘Uh- go ahead buggy,’ Hoseok nods at the Zhak’gri a little hesitantly.

‘Why not bring the fight to us?’

‘What?’

Fight?’

‘Yeah,’ Taeh’yung nods, ‘Everyone’s clearly in Axudar- that’s their stronghold. They know this place. But what if we do everything in Hoseok’s idea until the part where Sk’jin gets kidnapped, and we grab a ship, because their ships are the only ones that can enter Menigišiti. We go in, check the damage or what’s happened in here because I think that’s also important. Besides I doubt all of Menigišiti really revolted against Jimin and his sister- I mean look at Axudar, look at Jaen right? Then over there, Jimin will return, like a king-‘

‘-not royal!’

‘-like a king returning,’ Taeh’yung beams, ‘Declaring his right to rule. He will then demand the usurpers to reveal themselves to him, to beg for his mercy, and have justice served onto them!’

There’s a deafening silence. And Sk’jin has definitely heard this before.

‘Have you been reading the Six Hands of Our Love Volume IV?’ Sk’jin grins at the Zhak’gri.

‘Yeah! It’s so good! The king did indeed finally return!’ Taeh’yung sits up right, looking excited. ‘I didn’t think they would be able to make it and-‘

‘Trash novels aside-‘

‘You take that back right now-‘

‘You’ve never even read it have you! Don’t judge a book by it’s cover!’

‘-that’s actually a good idea too,’ Hoseok admits, ‘But the main issue is that-‘

‘-is that Kaitūtei is a major issue,’ Jimin completes, ‘We need to understand what’s happening there- at this point, it’s not just about going back to Menigišiti, it’s become bigger than that. We need to know what’s happening within Axudar.’

‘We don’t have any reinforcements or help,’ Yoongi says at once, ‘Going in to simply hope for a possible chance isn’t a strategic plan it’s a death wish.’

‘Which is why they’re all still ideas,’ Namjoon says clearly. ‘We are just giving out ideas right now- what could be a good approach-‘

Sk’jin feels a hand reaching for his.

‘And no one is going to be bait if we can help it,’ Hoseok adds, looking at Jungkook. ‘These are just ideas we’re throwing around Kook, sometimes we need to-‘

‘-let the universe absorb our ideas, really manifest it so that it returns to us, fully formed,’ Taeh’yung waves his hands around.

‘We need to make plans and not all of them will be fully-formed at once,’ Namjoon concludes.

‘So…so we still don’t know what we’re going to do?’ Yoongi trails off.

‘Well right now we’re headed for Odgõti-32,’ Namjoon shifts in his seat a little to lean forward and tap on the NaviLet he had brought with him. ‘It’s about a day from here- well, I mean 16 hours I guess as our speed is different now.’

‘What’s here?’ Yoongi asks, squinting a little at the planet.

‘Nothing,’ Namjoon shrugs, ‘It’s harvest-planet, tourist spot though currently it’s out of season.’

Everyone looks at him like he’s crazy.

‘I don’t get it,’ Jimin says slowly.

‘Yeah, why aren’t we uh- I dunno, planning to get closer to Axudar? Or something?’ Hoseok keeps glancing at him as though wondering if what he heard was right and was expecting Sk’jin to confirm with him.

‘We’re all high-strung,’ Namjoon exhales. ‘And we need a break.’

He’s met with dead silence. Even Taeh’yung looks surprised.

‘A break?’ Jimin asks slowly.

‘Yeah,’ Namjoon looks 100% serious.

‘Uh, Namjoonie,’ Sk’jin clears his throat, ‘We appreciate this, uh, holiday, but y’know, we do have the Omhlophe after us.’

Namjoon nods like he knows.

‘Prat’tna told me that the Omhlophe suffered a major loss,’ Namjoon states, ‘It’s possible that this means that they’re unable to follow us much- or at least in large numbers.’

‘Isn’t that still a very high risk to take?’ Yoongi presses.

‘There was something Prat’tna said, but wouldn’t elaborate,’ Namjoon sighs. ‘Something more than what Jimin has explained to us before.’

Jimin looks taken aback.

‘You think Jimin’s keeping something from you? From us?’ Yoongi demands.

‘No it’s-‘ Namjoon sighs with exasperation. ‘I think there’s a lot that Jimin doesn’t know.’ He looks over at him, apologetic but adamant. ‘Things that were kept from him. Prat’tna explained to me how a lot was kept from him- and with the changes in their tech, how Prat’tna could not find any entry-point despite being from Menigišiti and being a member of the Great Council. Jimin’s explanation of water being a conduit for their technology makes sense- Prat’tna hid in Lowet by the water- near the shoreline and said they were not found. Think of that time when we were in Ts’ets’khli we were underwater, so close to the Omhlophe, but we hadn’t noticed, and they most certainly didn’t notice when Jimin was at the market.’

‘So you think coming to rest briefly on a 90% water planet would explain that? Tell me what is your reasoning for using all of us for whatever theory you’re trying to prove.’ Hoseok’s eyes dart up from where he’s studying the NaviLet projection.

Namjoon nods reluctantly.

‘That makes sense,’ Jimin says suddenly. ‘Water is a conduit yes, but one of the reasons why Menigišiti is the way it is, is because-‘ he pauses, thinking hard as though going through words, ‘-our sun, is a quasar- very ancient, very old-‘

‘Wait how are you even surviving if your sun is a quasar-‘ Hoseok looks bewildered.

‘But we are unique- different,’ Jimin explains, ‘The pressure our quasar sun exudes also generates massive quantities of water-‘

‘-uh.’

Even Yoongi looks surprised. But Taeh’yung suddenly perks up at this.

‘Wait- quasars are- they don’t generate water like that,’ Namjoon frowns, ‘Also, I think regardless of how hidden you are, I think we’d be able to pick up on the existence of a quasar in the area- and we would most definitely be able to see it. Even if it didn’t have the tails or heat rings.’

‘And you can’t, because of our orbital resonance with our quasar,’ Jimin says firmly.

‘Okay I am not doubting you,’ Namjoon says at once, ‘But you have to admit this is very strange- you can’t just live in a System that has a quasar for its sun! All laws of physics, everything we know for millenniums now, is against it.’

‘So are the existence of the GI but here we are,’ Yoongi mumbles.

‘Hey, listen, cloning has been a-‘

‘-let me rephrase, I, Min Yoongi, a Human who very much indeed did die many centuries ago, am here in front of you,’ Yoongi says clearly, ‘I think we are well past the stage of denying what seems to be impossible. Look at all of us gathered here.’

Namjoon sighs, nodding in acknowledgment.

‘That would mean Menigišiti has a very vast and high level of energy,’ Hoseok ruminates.

‘We do,’ Jimin nods, ‘We harvested the energy of our Sun to power our planets; from everything to our engines, machines, networks, medical facilities. We also powered our cells that held up our barrier around Menigišiti. The water it generated helped in acting as a conduit to spread across our System.’

‘So how does that have anything to do with the Omhlophe?’ Sk’jin asks.

‘Prat’tna said that in order for life to flourish, you need water.’

‘Well, I guess thanks for the basic lesson in science but,’ Hoseok frowns, ‘That doesn’t explain anything.’

‘I think it might,’ Yoongi offers unexpectedly. ‘The Omhlophe, if they are some strange version of the GI, well, technically we aren’t what most Beings would consider as living Beings. The Omhlophe could most definitely fall under that category.’

‘So you’re saying, that the Omhlophe are technically a weird living-dead species, unable to process the volume of water,’ Hoseok states slowly.

‘It’s a possibility if that’s what Prat’tna believed in,’ Yoongi shrugs. ‘They were never discovered in Lowet, despite being so close to Ynqaba. Lowet had plenty of eggs, New Borns, but the Omhlophe never did find them.’

‘Tae, you once told me that the Omhlophe were like us- but different,’ Namjoon address the Zhak’gri, ‘What did you mean by that, could you elaborate?’

‘Hm,’ Taeh’yung hum, leaning against Jimin. ‘I think it’s…- a twisted version of the Regurgitated I guess. That would kinda explain it.’

‘How?’

‘Yoongi remembers his past right? As in, well, his life until it ended in the hands of the Red Evil,’ Taeh’yung concentrates comically, his face screwing up, ‘But the Omhlophe in a way, had their lives begin in the hands of the Red Evil.’

‘That sounds like what Amme mentioned,’ Hoseok nods before asking, ‘Buggy, you seemed excited when we mentioned water, and the quasar, why’s that?’

‘Oh!’ Taeh’yung’s mouth opens into a perfect circle, ‘Hobi! That’s because quasars and blackholes and nebulas and supernovas are all the remains of the First Children!’

‘Oh- oh, I guess that’s…I mean if we accept this genesis as being true, it makes sense,’ Namjoon frowns.

‘How?’ Hoseok asks, bewildered.

‘The Known Universe is of course, very very old,’ Namjoon waves his hand dismissively, ‘In this chaos of nuclear reactions and rapid destruction, quasars were frequently formed and peaked, combusting to form more stars, possibly whole galaxies too. Most quasars were are able to witness now are in the process of imploding- it’s why the GLA vacates the surrounding areas to secure it.’

‘It’s also where that other Yisheng ship is currently located yes? Watching over an evacuation due to a blackhole?’ Sk’jin points out.

That was definitely something to think about.

‘I guess we should try then,’ Hoseok says slowly.

‘And any sign of danger, anything strange, anyone feels the slightly bit off, we leave at once,’ Namjoon adds hurriedly, ‘We just stay in warp for weeks if needed. We have enough fuel for that.’

‘Well, who am I to deny a good deserved holiday,’ Sk’jin sighs out. ‘Kookie has also never seen a beach?’

Jungkook shakes his head.

‘You’ll love it!’ Taeh’yung coos at the Vicitra.

‘If this proves to be true, and our stay is undetected, this could potentially be very helpful in being able to protect and save countless lives,’ Namjoon tells them earnestly. ‘With what Jimin confirmed, and with what Prat’tna said, and with what we know, Menigišiti could be a safe haven for every single egg, or New Born, or even the Regurgitated, to simply live in peace, without fear of the Omhlophe or the GLA.’

Taeh’yung gives a small cheer, throwing his fists in tiny motions around his head.

‘Great, a nice sunny retreat,’ Sk’jin breaks the silence, ‘Yoongi, we can work on a tan for you.’

Yoongi just barely stops himself from rolling his eyes, grunting instead in response.

‘So,’ Sk’jin stands up, looking around the table. ‘Does anyone want dessert?’

Even Jungkook groans in protest.

 

*

 

Sk’jin distributes some thick slices of syrup drenched sponge logs to the GI and pulls up a plate for himself before making his way up.

‘Amad’la! Could you open up Cabin 31?’

Of course.’ Amad’la replies, voice sounding muffled, no doubt due to this wonderful sponge log.

‘Bless you,’ Sk’jin smiles up at one of the cameras.

The doors slide open silently and Sk’jin steps right in. He ignores the table, chairs, and even the bed and instead with his foot slides open the door to the bathroom and barges in on Namjoon, uncaring for his very soapy wet state.

‘Hey, the new arm is really cool-‘

‘Sk’jin!’ Namjoon screeches- he actually screeches. ‘What the -?’

‘I had some inquiries.’

‘Couldn’t it have waited until after I was done?!’ Namjoon demands, hiding further into his shower as though hoping to hide himself. ‘How the did you get in?!’

‘You’re not hiding anything I haven’t seen- or well, imagined-‘

‘Excuse me?!’

‘-I mean I did take your lip ity-‘

‘-what?! Get out!’

‘Fine,’ Sk’jin snickers.

After 5 minutes, during which Sk’jin is scraping the syrupy juices of his sponge log with his fork, Namjoon steps out, fully clothed, irritated expression on his face.

‘How can I help you,’ Namjoon grits out.

‘Wanna talk about the Special Jury,’ Sk’jin leans back to lounge on Namjoon’s bed. ‘Please, let us discuss theories with your y mind.’

‘Can you not,’ Namjoon wipes at his face, suppressing a groan.

‘Are you saying I can’t compliment you on your y mind?’ Sk’jin puts on an affronted look. ‘It’s the only time I’ve complimented you!’

Namjoon collapses on his chair, swiveling to face Sk’jin with a tired look in his eyes. There is a random twinkle to his eyes though, and what looked like a smile trying to pull on his lips. But not one of embarrassment or even amusement.

Sk’jin looks away and says, ‘So, care to share?’

‘It’s just speculations.’

‘I would like to speculate as well.’

Namjoon heaves a sigh and surprisingly comes to sit next to Sk’jin. Well, it was after all Namjoon’s bed, but Sk’jin is nonetheless still taken aback.

‘There’s a high possibility, considering our bad luck, the way this supposed plan set up by some of the most powerful, strategically cunning Beings, has been the tiest thing thrown together; and it was obviously meant to be like that because they were already trying to comb each other out.’ Namjoon grumbles, ‘Not to mention their own desire to prove themselves to the Court- after all, this is a power-struggle. Beings like Haenoon who desperately want more power and trust from the Court, or even Amme who needs to now rewrite the entire Yisheng history- she knows this mission will be one way of doing that. To prove herself different and trustworthy from Ndica and Tlun’hla.’

‘Are you suspicious of K’mara?’ Sk’jin asks bluntly.

‘I won’t say I’m not,’ Namjoon replies honestly, ‘She was, after all, there for those meetings with Ndica and the Great Council in Akramana. I won’t be surprised- considering she knew so much, was immediately ready for the Red Evil, so to speak, and invested in obtaining the GI under the guise of protecting them under the GIU.’

‘What about the others? S’ava, Lmiura, Xmi, Sh’now – considering some of their connections with the Alliance- I’m pretty sure they also have a lot to gain from fulfilling this mission but also seeing it fail.’

‘I know it’s not any of us,’ Namjoon’s tone is frank, ‘We’ve been through this before and it’s obviously not any of us.’

‘Well, glad it took you being kidnapped to come to that conclusion.’ Sk’jin raises his fork in a toast, bits of syrup threading out.

‘I already did a long time ago,’ Namjoon scowls, reaching over to wrestle the fork and plate from Sk’jin and placing it on the floor. ‘But there is validity in what Prat’tna said. And after witnessing what happened with Ilya and his network. I think the problem here is that nothing ended with Ndica’s and Tlun’hla’s exposure. Sure, the Red Evil was destroyed- but they too were in the end, a product of something worse. Something that we now have the misfortune of having to somehow fix while being forced to cater to the whims of Beings all vying for a position of power they will most likely abuse in the future.’

Sk’jin can’t help but laugh, throwing his head back.

‘What?’ Namjoon huffs out but he’s not irritated or anything.

‘Nothing,’ Sk’jin lowers his legs from the bed, still laughing a little.

‘If you’re gonna make fun of me-‘

‘Ah Namjoonie, have some faith in me,’ Sk’jin stretches a little as he stands, ‘I was gonna say that despite what I say most of the time-‘

‘-all of the time.’

‘-someone once told me that optimism and believing in everyone’s capacity for goodness isn’t a sign of ignorance or stupidity,’ Sk’jin waves a hand flippantly, not looking at Namjoon, ‘We process and see the Universe differently, and that doesn’t make you wrong.’

‘Just say you’re happy to see me again,’ Namjoon laughs quietly as Sk’jin exits the room.

Sk’jin scoffs as he exits the room.

‘Hey! Aren’t you gonna take this back?!’

‘You have both arms now! Use them!’

 

 

*

 

 

Watching Jungkook’s eyes grow wide in awe, mouth slightly open as he runs around the Bridge to every single possible window to look at Odgõti-32 as they enter its atmosphere is worth the risk.

He keeps glancing back at them excitedly, as though asking if this was real.

And Sk’jin can understand Jungkook’s awe too. Because Odgõti-32 was indeed very beautiful. The water was mainly deep indigo, shifting to a softer blue around the pale sand shores. Massive water filtration units hovered over the waters, and a quick scan shows that they’re empty of living Beings. Namjoon had mentioned it was run primarily by cyborgs. And though tourists did indeed come to vacation here, there weren’t a lot who did. After all, there weren’t any universally appealing locations or spots to spend time looking at or experiencing. Most times they were educational trips, to understand water harvesting. But as it was approaching Odgõti-32’s winter season, and the harvesting machines were not functioning in their full power so as to not dry up the planet, no educational expeditions were around either. They nearly entirely had the planet to themselves, though Hoseok did find a few rare tourist groups who had come in for water-hunting, but they were on completely different islands, far flung from each other.

They purposefully choose an island that had limited fauna and flora, making it unlikely anyone would want to visit. The shores are clean, and the sand is a dullish-grey, gradually becoming coarser and larger, forming pebbles higher up towards the small rocky island.

Sk’jin finds himself nodding at Jungkook’s wide starry-eyed appeal, not sure how or why he’s become the one Jungkook (including Taeh’yung somehow) looks for to ask permission.

He hears Hoseok laughing behind him, taking his shirt off as he walks past, ‘I think I’ll teach him how to swim.’

‘You just want to show off your body!’ Sk’jin yells after him, adjusting the long-sleeved robe he had pulled on. It wasn’t cold, but dipping into bodies of water when it wasn’t the height of summer always lead to some form of clogged nose and Sk’jin would rather not.

Yoongi seems to be thinking along the same line, nearly entirely covered up except for his face. He had a towel over his head, like a hood, to protect himself.

‘Yoongi, like I said, we need to work on your tan,’ Sk’jin reaches over to poke the Human. Yoongi simply whacks his hand away (Sk’jin stops himself from hissing at the pain), arms crossing over his chest as though in challenge.

Jimin runs out with Taeh’yung on his back, giggling loudly like children, chasing after Hoseok and Jungkook, dressed in just some form of short-legged trousers.

‘Hey! Will you sink if we throw you in?’ Sk’jin calls out behind him where Namjoon was dragging a large rolled up…roll. ‘What’s that?’

‘Something everyone will thank me for,’ Namjoon says wisely.

The sun is wonderful on his skin.

The hue of the light is a bit amber, creating an illusion of warmth- but it was like sinking into a hot bath. Sk’jin feels like his skin can finally breathe- his bones easing, muscles finally relaxing. He looks up, tipping his head back.

The breeze is a little on the warm side but Sk’jin welcomes it. It smells like salt, and a bit like ozone, but Sk’jin is happy- he feels incredibly renewed.

‘Good?’

Yoongi’s looking at him, a small smile on his lips.

‘Absolutely perfect.’

Namjoon had brought out a training mat, no doubt used by the GI. Speaking of the GI, they were standing at random, looking about as though confused though their faces showed no signs of emotion. Sk’jin could very well be projecting but when Amad’la approaches them and says, ‘What is the point of that?’ while pointing at Jimin and Taeh’yung, splashing water at each other while Hoseok demonstrates (on the sand) how to properly swim, Sk’jin thinks he’s rightfully projecting.

Sk’jin stretches himself out on the mat, snagging Yoongi’s towel from his head to throw it over his eyes and spreads his limbs out.

‘Can you at least-‘

‘-no.’

Namjoon sighs but nonetheless manages to sit down somewhere.

‘Nineti! You have to carry me and we can defeat Jimin!’ Taeh’yung yells.

‘Is Taeh’yung trying to get the GI to get into the water?’

‘Yeap.’

Sk’jin snorts.

‘I wasn’t good with water,’ Sk’jin finds himself saying.

‘Yeah?’ Namjoon sounds just as surprised as Sk’jin feels.

‘, I hated oceans and seas and like, bodies of water that went down to a planet’s core, y’know? Like, what the are you so deep for? I’ll ing destroy you!’

Sk’jin can’t hear it, but he’s 100% sure Namjoon’s doing that thing he does when he’s trying not to laugh.

‘So what made you, uh, get over it?’

‘Eh- nothing special really,’ Sk’jin flaps an arm. ‘Just stopped thinking about it I guess. Besides, once you hit space, the whole thing about something being vastly large and strangely empty but weirdly occupied kinda just stops being scary.’

‘That’s it?’

‘Yeap.’

Namjoon actually does laugh now.

‘Not everything is some cool reveal Namjoonie,’ Sk’jin stretches some more again, really enjoying the sun over him. ‘Realization and acceptance aren’t always paired with a dramatic flare.’

‘Heh,’ Namjoon wheezes, ‘Yeah, I guess you’re right.’

Sk’jin lifts the towel from his face a little to look over at Namjoon. He was holding the NaviLet in his hands.

The sun wasn’t just doing Sk’jin good apparently.

‘How was Lowet?’

Namjoon shrugs, ‘I told you already.’

‘No like…how was it,’ Sk’jin asks rather lamely.

Namjoon glances in his direction, looking surprised to find Sk’jin looking at him.

‘I’m not saying that you lacked empathy before,’ Sk’jin begins, ‘Spaces knows you don’t lack it; but it’s like, I guess you really were able to just, I dunno, live differently there, in Lowet.’

Namjoon looks out into the view, a serious somber expression on his face.

‘Yeah I guess. I mean, I met another Kutsoglerin and he was- I don’t know,’ Namjoon says hesitantly, ‘There was such a wonderful…energy around him. Like he was truly, genuinely, living his life- uncaring of where he came from, how he came to be- or even why. He was just living- obviously he might have problems in his life, but-…there was just…a sense of, well I wouldn’t say purpose but-‘

‘-a sense of peace?’

Namjoon looks back at him.

‘Yeah,’ he nods, ‘I guess so, yeah.’

Sk’jin smiles.

‘Did you ever do that?’

‘What, find peace? I’m offended that you don’t think I’m peaceful.’

Namjoon let’s out a loud bark of a laugh.

‘No need to be harsh about it,’ Sk’jin pushes the towel over his eyes again.

‘So have you?’

‘I did,’ Sk’jin replies honestly. ‘But maybe not the same way you did- or well, the way you would want it.’

Namjoon’s clearly waiting for an explanation.

‘And I’m doing all I can to go back to it.’

The silence between them stretches for a while, and Sk’jin thinks that’s the end of their conversation but then Namjoon quietly says, ‘I’m sorry we had to leave Ilya so quickly.’

‘Ah,’ Sk’jin readjusts his position, crossing his legs at his ankles, ‘I’m guessing Hobi told you?’

‘Uh, Jimin did, actually.’

Sk’jin rolls his eyes. Of course Jimin did.

‘Once this is all done, I think Ilya will be more than happy to have you join him.’

Sk’jin doesn’t respond. He’s not sure how to, really.

‘In fact, I think I can promise you-‘

‘No!’

Sk’jin sits up, whole body jolting with a shock of cold.

Namjoon looks surprised, eyes widening a little and leaning back a little.

‘I just- I meant, don’t make promises you’re not sure you can keep,’ Sk’jin gets out as evenly as he can. ‘It saves you the pain.’

Namjoon just nods, looking somehow quite young in this amber sunlight, air ruffling through his hair. Sk’jin gets up and walks away before Namjoon can apologize or do something similar to that. Instead he finds himself pausing in front of a few of the GI, carrying a strange variety of objects in their hands.

‘Uh- what are these for?’ Sk’jin nods at them.

‘In case someone drowns.’

‘I read in ‘Investigating Unknown Waters’ that one should always be prepared for the unexpected. And one of the unexpected things listed is dehydration.’ The GI holds up 4 bottles of ionized water.

‘I read in ‘Enjoying a Day at the Beach’ that it is important to protect your skin,’ the other says, holding up a very generous sized container of some sort of skin serum.

‘Taeh’yung told me to bring this,’ the last one says, holding up a massive inflatable colourful ball. Where did Taeh’yung even find that.

‘Well, that’s uh, very nice,’ Sk’jin manages to get out, too distracted to notice how Jimin and Jungkook were approaching him until it’s too late.

Sk’jin will deny screaming like that later as he’s tossed into the water.

Jungkook is hiding behind Jimin who was hiding behind a bewildered Namjoon.

Smiling his best smile, Sk’jin says in his best sweetest voice, ‘My dear fellow Beings, let me teach you a short lesson.’

Jungkook runs of shrieking, his speed unhampered by the wet sand. Jimin isn’t as fast, and he also had a guilty smile on his lips. Sk’jin simply picks him and shakes him a little before tossing him into the ocean as well, taking an unsuspecting Taeh’yung down with him.

‘Jungkookie! You can’t run forever!’ Sk’jin sing-songs.

Jungkook lets out shrieks of laughter as Sk’jin gives chase. There’s no catching Jungkook, but Taeh’yung and Jimin team up against the Vicitra and they’re able to tackle him to the ground. He’s able to push them off, which was slightly disturbing considering he had 3 fully grown Beings on top of him, but he squeaks and gives up, raising his hands up in the air. Hoseok walks over to rescue their youngest, wheezing tearfully because: ‘Oh Sk’jin, I wish I had captured your facial expression the entire time!’.

Exhausted, Sk’jin and Taeh’yung slump over to where Namjoon was still sitting, and still very dry. Though Taeh’yung takes care of that by throwing himself over the Kutsoglerin’s lap while dripping wet.

‘Are you sure you’re comfortable like this?’ Namjoon asks gingerly, holding his NaviLet up away from the soaked Zhak’gri. Taeh’yung is stretched over on his back over Namjoon’s crossed legs, arching very strangely, with his arms and legs extending out.

‘Super,’ Taeh’yung beams, struggling to look at Namjoon from his weird angle.

‘Can you not leave the NaviLet for one second,’ Sk’jin chides.

‘Who says I’m doing anything important?’ Namjoon shoots back at once.

Suddenly Taeh’yung gasps, feet kicking and connecting to Sk’jin’s shins.

‘You’re reading it!’ he proclaims, pointing at Namjoon.

‘What-‘ Sk’jin winces in pain, jumping back a little before it clicks. ‘Oh Spaces Namjoon are you reading the Six Hands of Our Love?!’

If Namjoon were capable of turning red, he would, because instead he stands up, rolling Taeh’yung off of his lap in the process and makes to escape. But Taeh’yung manages to trip him up and flops himself over the tall Kutsoglerin like some worm.

‘He is!’ Taeh’yung squeaks, poking at Namjoon as he wheezes.

‘Namjoon I cannot believe it took you this long to finally accept one of the best literary works of the Known Universe.’

Namjoon gives up and allows Taeh’yung to roll over him, accepting his fate, gripping onto his NaviLet like it could save him. They take a short lunch break, set up by the GI who recreate an image they used as reference from a book called ‘Outdoors Celebration: What To Do, and What To Avoid’. They almost feel guilty as they sit down to enjoy their lunch.   

After their lunch, Jungkook pulls Jimin and Hoseok over to the wet shoreline to create lumpy shapes and forms out of the wet sand. Hoseok is simply indulging the two, while Jimin helps Jungkook by holding his palms out to create shapes or simply hold some large stones for Jungkook to pick from. Yoongi walks over and simply watches, picking up pebbles he thought were pretty and presenting it to the small group. Taeh’yung uses one of the GI as a pillow and completely knocks out, the shadows around him very faint and diminished under this warm light.

‘Is Jungkook creating a sand fortress for himself?’

‘Yeap.’

Jungkook was basically creating a dome of sand all around him, using a combination of wet sand and pebbles. Hoseok is giving him advise as he makes funny plates and bowls from the sand. Jimin was eyeing Jimin’s laidback form, a mischievous spark in his eyes as he lowers himself to say something in Hoseok’s ear. Hoseok throws his head back laughing, nodding in agreement to whatever Jimin had just said.    

But they don’t immediately start whatever it is that they’re planning. Jimin walks over to Yoongi, sitting down by him. Hoseok seems to be relaying this information to Jungkook who grins gleefully, nodding very quickly.

‘Dessert?’

Namjoon is holding a bowl of fruits the GI had apparently brought out. Sk’jin only just barely jumps at the sight of them again, not having heard them.

‘Do you get used to the GI just going about like this?’ Sk’jin asks, taking the whole bowl.

‘It’s like getting used to Yoongi.’

‘Yeah but Yoongi is one besotted Human,’ Sk’jin rolls his eyes, popping a berry-like fruit into his mouth.

It’s incredibly sour, but immediately incredibly sweet as well.

‘My tongue has never been more confused.’

‘I bet I can make your tongue really confused,’ Taeh’yung mumbles sleepily. Sk’jin smooshes the fruit into Taeh’yung’s mouth and waits 2 seconds before the Zhak’gri is squealing. But Taeh’yung’s squeals are drowned out by Jungkook and Hoseok’s laughter.

‘I-…’ Namjoon has a funny grimace on his face- as though confused as to how to feel. Sk’jin looks back around and finds the GI stiffly imitate Hoseok, splashing him and Jungkook with sea-water. They’re still in their GI uniform, though without their helmets, expressions completely blank, and splashing water onto Jungkook’s and Hoseok’s sprinting forms.

‘This is slightly depressing,’ Namjoon groans.

‘It’s pure comedy,’ Sk’jin snorts. ‘I thought your sense of humor would improve after being kidnapped, but I am proven wrong.’

Namjoon gives him a bewildered look.

‘What? Won’t be the first time someone has improved and gained interesting characteristics after being kidnapped.’

‘Sk’jin,’ Namjoon presses his hands into his face.

‘Yes my dear?’

But Namjoon doesn’t comment, instead he’s shaking- shoulder’s visibly quaking.

Did…did he break Namjoon? Was he crying??

Namjoon is not crying- he was laughing.

Even Taeh’yung sits up a little to look at the Kutsoglerin.

‘Pa?’

Namjoon just shakes his head, groaning a little at himself maybe, ‘I always thought we were too different.’

And okay, Sk’jin wasn’t expecting that.

‘And it’s true,’ Namjoon smiles, reaching over for a fruit.

‘You’re not even gonna enjoy that, give it back,’ Sk’jin slaps the fruit out of Namjoon’s hand.

‘But I think it’s nice.’ Namjoon just gives him a small wink, dimple forming deep in the process as he pulls away, attention shifting to his NaviLet.

Sk’jin looks away.

‘Oh, I want to be buried in the sand too,’ Taeh’yung mumbles, breaking the stretched silence that was suddenly echoing inside his head.

Sk’jin follows Taeh’yung’s line of sight and watches as Jimin, with the help of Hoseok, Jungkook, and the GI, now cover Yoongi’s laidback form in wet sand, making his outline look like a fish.

Yoongi is obviously complaining, but he’s doing nothing to break free even if he could. His head is pillowed on Jimin’s thighs and his previously protesting hands were being held by a laughing Jimin. Jungkook brings an armful of wet sand, plopping it over Yoongi’s weakly struggling legs.

‘My clothes!’ Yoongi can be heard wailing though there’s no real complaint in his tone. Hoseok is wheezing, slapping handfuls of sand over the Human.

‘This is nice,’ Taeh’yung mumbles again, turning over to his side to watch, as the GI strategically bury Yoongi under wet sand. ‘This was a good idea pa.’

Namjoon just grins.

‘Even if this was just a live experiment that if it fails would endanger us all.’

Namjoon glares at him.

Sk’jin laughs, leaning back on his arms.

But this was nice.

The sun, untainted and pure, shone all about them, as though some light of illusion allowed them a brief glimpse into a life much gentler and kinder than the one actively pursuing them.

And maybe Sk’jin finds beauty in it because of its fleetingness. He’s seen enough, witnessed many beautiful and unique sights, watched countless of sunsets and sunrises- seen endless stars and nebulas, watched the death of a star, the aftermath of a birth of a star- he’s witnessed whole lifetimes of so called “once in a lifetime” phenomenon.

And yet somehow, today- this simple and seemingly mundane day of simply stopping by a plain beach, is the most beautiful thing Sk’jin has ever lived.

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*

 

(Author’s notes)

 

So!!

Quasars are so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the thing about the water stuff is technically theoretical both mathematically and in terms of theoretical physics

Is it a potential thing?

Sure

But so is nearly everything in the scientific community

The thing about water surrounding a massive space is something that has stuck to me since I once misread the Bible as a kid (yes! I was born and raised Christian but I do not identify as such anymore!) and I read about how a massive body of water surrounded the universe and i

Freaked out

I am massively hydrophobic

Like seriously

I cant look at videos of the oceans or seas or big bodies of water I Just Can’t™

And I used to be scared of space as a kid

So those combined

Traumatized me

But I thought, in story form as an adult, it’s pretty cool!!!

Also IU and Suga T_T

I am still not quite over it

Also as an animation student the music video was stunning, I loved it so much, it was done so beautifully those colours were amazing guys T_T two absolutely lovely and thoughtful people coming together to create something so beautiful, once in a lifetime event

I think I’m able ot set up a better schedule now for updating too! Around every 2 weeks, give or take a day or two! I wish I was able to update weekly like I used to before but T_T

ALSO SPEAKING OF BEING AN ANIMATION STUDENT

I made something!!!!! I recreated 10 BTS MVs in 3D using their iconic pieces/set design/lighting/aesthetics into cubes!! Please check it out:

Artstation
Tumblr

Twitter

^_^